Stayed for three nights and had a wonderful stay with my husband & three children aged 8, 4 and 3. The family room was spacious and very clean. The kids loved the pool and the games room. On the Tuesday evening there was a magician and a bouncy castle along with face painting. This was a big hit with all the children. It was nice to see a hotel for once embracing children and their needs. The food in the restaurant and the bar was lovely. Both served quickly and were delicious. A small point is that I would have liked to have seen Pizza on the menu's as my children love to share these. The pool and changing rooms were really clean and the swim suit dryer was really handy. If I had one small complaint I found staff staying different things/ contradictory information throughout the whole stay. Examples include "Use towels from your room for swimming/At the pool no you dont use them you rent them for a euro fee per towel non refundable". "Leave wet towels back to desk at pool reception/ no bring them back to your room and leave for laundry". Also I asked bar staff to recommend a nice restaurant in town. She advised Eastern Balti which was so lovely a place and the food so gorgeous it was unreal!! She advised reception would book a table and taxi for us no problem. Reception said no we wont book it. Only the taxi we will book. The number was looked up after I asked her to look it up and we booked it ourselves.The contadictory information was slighly annoying, and a repeated occurance daily throughout the whole stay!!! I even told reception who jusy said sorry about that. However the stay was enjoyed by my children and we had a lovely time. Would go back again perfect for families and a lovely hotel. Highly recommended!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ‘Majestically Magical’ 4 Star Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa is the ideal location for fabulous break away. Less than an hour’s drive from Belfast and Dublin the Hotel boasts 87 beautifully decorated bedrooms, including Suites with Jacuzzis. Enjoy their fabulous Leisure Club with Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna, Gym & Outdoor Hot Tub. You will love their luxurious Lir Spa & Wellness Centre and Hair at Hillgrove Hair Salon. The Hotel also has a superb Restaurant, Bars, Banqueting Suites & Conference Centre. Specialising in Girlie Breaks, Murder Mysteries, Rally Driving weekends and Family Breaks. Free Kids Club daily during all school holidays. Bouncy Castle, Games Room, Playground, Magic Shows. Walking distance from Monaghan Town. Indulge and Enjoy! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure And Spa
- Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure Hotel Monaghan
- Hillgrove Hotel Monaghan