“Lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Westport
ireland
“Lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

Everything everybody said about this hotel was true. Went bank holiday weekend and really enjoyed it. Staff were exceptionally friendly and bar food was nice and reasonably priced. Only problem was that there are no smoking rooms in the hotel, even so I am already planning my next trip to the Westport plaza.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

I have stayed in the Westport Plaza on many occassions and I can not fault any aspect of the hotel... Everything about the hotel is excellent, the rooms, the restaurant, the bar, the service, the pool, the location... The staff are friendly and very very honest and If you are in Westport, stay here. It is the best hotel I've stayed in at Westport.

• Stayed May 2010
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

We decided to take a short break in Ireland instead going to Barcelona. Boy did we make the right decision!!
I had a look around for a nice hotel and based on tripadvisor reviews and other sights decided on The Plaza, in Westport.....a fantastic decision.
From the minute we arrived we knew we were going to have a great time.
Great location, one minute walk into the town but you would not even know you are near it when in the hotel because it is so quiet!
We went for the Silver experience plan, beautiful room, spotless, every comfort thought of, and you will have to experience the beds to understand just how comfortable they are.
Hairdryer,coffee,tea,movies,music,internet all for free....yes all for free!!
We ate in the Plaza Bar as we didnt fancy the choices on the set menu for Restaurant Merlot that night and we really enjoyed our meal with our free bottle of wine
Breakfast was amazing, always kept well stocked up and just about everything you could think of. On the second morning we ordered porridge, followed by kippers when we arrived in dining room and they were both delicious.
ALL the staff in the hotel were very friendly and nothing appeared too much trouble.
Cocktails from the bar excellent...especially the Cosmopolitions:)
Check in and out flawless
Go on treat yourselves....lovely to think this level of excellence is available on our own wee island without having to go away to find it!
The management of this hotel should be very proud of what they have managed to achieve.
We will definately return and tell all our friends..
ps Spa, gym and pool great!

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

A group of eight of us were to travel to Malaga on Sat 17th April 2010 and due to the Volanic Eruption we didn't get away. We got together and decided to visit the Westport Plaza hotel for a five day break. We got a great deal and in the end we left the money in Ireland. It turned out to be one of our best holidays in Ireland.
From the moment we checked into the hotel till the moment we left it was a wonderful experience. The staff were very welcoming, professional, pleasent and nothing was a problem for them. The rooms were very comfortable, clean, bright and very spacious. The food was excellent and very high quality. We enjoyed some really well earned treatments in the Spa Centre and availed of the use of Swimming Pool. The location was great, very centeral and Westport is a great location for tourists. We were also blessed with the weather which added to the experience. Plenty to do and some lovely places to visit. I would have no hesitation to recommrnding The westport Plaza Hotel to people who wish to take a break away in Ireland as it is an excellent choice. Thank you to all who made this posible and we would DEFINITELY come back again. There is nothing about this stay that I would complain about.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

We stayed a this hotel due to a flight cancellation and after staying we are glad it was. superb rooms, service and food. Very central to the town we will be making a return trip in the near future

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Newry,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

We have had 6 excellent stays at this Hotel - every one as excellent as the last. All staff are very well trained and are efficient, courteous whilst being friendly and making you feel at home. I am allergic to dairy produce and from explaining this on first stay I have had all meals prepared especially to ensure that my dietary needs are met. In addition to this I have desserts prepared for me and even had soya ice cream - something I have not had since being diagnosed years before. All this without having to explain to each waiter and without any embarrassment - not always the case when I stay in Hotels. When my partner had a bad nose bleed (Nov 09) first aid was provided immediately and when this was not sufficient, staff organised a GP appointment immediately - and drove us to the Doctor. We highly recommend this Hotel - and have already booked to go there again in a few months.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

First of all, this is my first time writing a review on TripAdvisor- eventhough I have stayed in numerous hotels around Europe, US and further abroad like Asia and had very mixed experiences.
However I feel implored to write this as Westport Plaza is by far the best hotel I've ever stayed in on all aspects. So much so that myself and my partner have stayed there 3 times (2/3nights each time) in the past 18 months!

First, the service in the hotel is impeccable- from friendly front desk and bar staff, to experienced, professional staff in Restaurant Merlot and SpaSula.
Also, the menus at both the bar and Merlot have great choice depending on your preferences (Merlot's fine dining menu is particularly tasty- with unusual and fancy dishes to delight!)

Second, the rooms are perfect- with high quality furnishings (especially the supremely comfy beds- expensive King Koil I believe!?) and great views to Croagh Patrick.

Third, the location is excellent- close to major roads (if travelling from Dublin), yet practically in the centre of quaint Westport town, which is great to experience culture/craic of the West (outside hotels door!)

Fourth, SpaSula and their leisure centre (with clean pool and jacuzzi) are great to unwind and relax- and I even got massage treatments (something I've never done previous) by professional and super friendly staff in SpaSula.

Overall I cant recommend this hotel enough- words cannot do the hotel justice! Also, I have told many friends/family about it and they have had similar experiences!
I'll definitely be booking another trip soon its that good!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Westport Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!