“Beautiful House, Beautiful people, Beautiful town.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Boulevard Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westport
The Boulevard Guesthouse
You added The Boulevard Guesthouse to your Saves list
South Mall | Westport Co. Mayo, Westport, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 64 Westport B&B and Inns
Leeds
“Beautiful House, Beautiful people, Beautiful town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

This is our third trip to Ireland in six years, we love the west coast of Ireland and we love staying in the Boulevard Guesthouse,we stayed here before and its like a home away from home for us, this House has it all, its situated on the tree lined guiet street in the center of town.The best thing about staying here is we can walk to any of the restaurants or if we want to hear some good music again the pubs are as near, which is what we love about it as we are not big on walking. There are some lovely Spas and leisure centres in this great town of Westport.The care you get in this lovely Guesthouse is truly the best you can get anywhere, from the breakfast which includes the best porridge we have ever tasted to the cleanliness of the whole place we were just so happy to be back with these genuine irish people. Thank you to our hosts for all you do to make us so welcome .

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Sadie was wonderful host at this fabulous place that felt like home! We only stayed one night but they accommodations were comfy, clean and colorful. The breakfast delicious and the employees super charming. You must go!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I so enjoyed my last stay here that I could not wait to come back again, it took a while but I got here, everything is as good as the last time, even better.This is such a lovely place to come to,the town is so friendly and clean and the house is still as beautiful as ever. Sadie and John were so helpful and kind, I had the blue room overlooking the river and it was so great just to sit there looking out reading one of the many books that are available for the guests to use,the weather was lovely and I really enjoyed my stay here again. There is Wifi here now which is a added bonus especially when you want to get in touch with home, I loved my three days here and plan to come back with my family later on in the year . Thank you .

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Donegal Town, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

We stayed here in this beautifully located B&B right in the center of Westport town situated right beside the lovely tree lined river which runns through the town,yet so quiet at night,great nights sleep. This B&B has it all, even when i forgot my laptop i was told straight away that i could use their computer which is right beside the beautiful dining room,nothing was too much trouble for the hosts,they were so nice to us , great choice in breakfast ,our room was spotless and one of the many good things of staying here was that we could walk to anywhere, everything was just minutes away, we will be back soon as we come down to the west a lot, we love that area of the country.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Mountain View, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at Boulevard Guesthouse on our drive up the west coast of Ireland last November. It was a very enjoyable stay. We parked on the street right in front of entrance. The town of Westport is very picturesque with the river and the walkway. It reminds you of a scene from Paris. While my daughter took a nap and read, I walked down the canal and through town late that afternoon. The room was comfortable and the bathroom was large, one of the largest of our trip. Sadie was very hospitable and helpful with suggestions. Her breadfast was delicious. My daughter especially enjoyed the porridge. I would not hesitate to stay at the Boulevard on my next trip through Westport.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Sadie at the Boulevard could not be a lovlier host. When I inquired about the room, she told me they normally close this time of year but she would make an exception. We arrived late, she welcomed us in, gave us the tour - the house is darling. The breakfast was exceptional (get the porridge). Our only complaints were: there were just two of us, and there were two doubles in the room, one next to the window, and one next to the radiator. Because the room was freezing, we chose the radiator bed, the very same radiator my husband burned himself upon in the morning. They are slated as the only B&B in the town center but that's not quite true - there was lots of other accomodation - maybe they weren't classified as B&Bs but there would have been other places to stay. The room was beautiful and charming - the house itself is just lovely, like Sadie. I just wish the bed wasn't blocking the heat and my husband hadn't burned himself.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
B0ulevard, Owner at The Boulevard Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 9, 2011
We the owners of the Boulevard Guest House feel very sorry that 'Chisoxbabe' Chicago people felt that the room they stayed in was cold but had we known approx their time of arrival we would have the heat on in the room for them three or four hours before they got here, as we do for all our guests at this time of year, and we are very sorry that they did not realise the radiators take a little while to warm a room especially in this very cold spell we are going through, the room has two radiators, one large on in the bedroom and one in the en-suite but like any heating system it takes a little while to warm up which they soon felt in the morning when she said her husband found the radiator so hot.
We would like to thank these nice people for their lovely comments on our House and breakfast, we cant understand why they said our House was 'slated' as being the only B&B in the center of town, there is a river running through the center of the town and we are situated overlooking the river, there are lots and lots of lovely B&Bs not too far from us, and also as you come in to the town of Westport.
We would also like to thank these very nice people for staying with us and also like to wish them a very Happy and Healthy New Year.
Thank you Tripadvisor for this great site you have ,we would like to wish all your staff a healthy and peacefull New year..........God Bless
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

My parents, my husband, and I stayed at the Boulevard for the first night of a 5-day trip. We had two rooms, both en-suite - one faced the street, the other the rear courtyard. There was a sheep market in the morning when we woke up, but wouldn't have known it without looking outdoors - noise was not an issue.

The location was ideal - easy to find, plenty of street parking, and everything we needed within walking distance (food, shops, ATM, etc.).

Sadie was a lovely host, and served us some of the best eggs any of us had eaten in years. The secret to their freshness: hens kept out back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Boulevard Guesthouse? Share your experiences!