“very scenic” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Westport
Killala, Ireland
“very scenic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

Stayed here for a wedding in May and we stayed in the apartments which are lovely and roomy i must say. Its an ordeal to find apartments from inside hotel as you have to go to level 1 , we turned left out of the hotel reception and went over the lawns. The scenery here is lovely truly a remarkable place. The wedding was fabulous food was gorgeous but dessert was the only let down. Service is impeccible here, no waiting for food or drink. All in all a lovely hotel cant say what rooms in main building are like as we stayed in apartments. This is a beautiful hotel in summer but is much to expensive for what it offers, apartments for one night at weekend are 285 euro per night. Would definately return again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

We were here last weekend for our wedding anniversary and we had a beautiful weekend. I have to admit that we had wonderful weather which is a great advantage. 3 days of sunshine is unusual in Mayo! The hotel is lovely (we had been there before last year). We had food in the bar the first afternoon - a lovely seafood chowder. We had dinner in the restaurant that night which was very good. I only had 1 negative point to comment on - too many wines on the wine list were unavailable - they were the cheaper/more reasonably priced ones as well! But the food and service was very good.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
dublin, ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

we stayed in the park inn mulranny for the easter break and what a hidden gem. it was excellent. from the moment we checked in we knew we found paradise in the west of ireland. our receptionist was extremely helpful and only to happy to anwser any questions we had about the local area and local amenities etc. we have two children under 10 and the hotel is very child friendly. we started our holiday by getting something to eat in the hotels bar.we were greeted at the table by a young smiley waiter (damien/declan/darren???) who while giving us the menus made a funny face back to my son after my son decided to stick out his tongue at him.my son laughed as did my daughter and it again showed how child friendly the hotel was. the waiter also made sure that the kids food was brought out asap. this was brilliant as it let us enjoy our meal knowing that they were fed. although the bar was extremely busy, all the bar staff made sure we were well looked after. our food was delicous each evening we ate in the bar and the waiter made sure that during that during the meal that everything was ok.
it was also brilliant to see that the hotel provided a kids club (gave us some time to relax!). the leisure center was top class as was our huge spacious family room. everything from the location to the staff and even the breakfast every morning (in particular the home made brown bread!) would make us want to return to the park inn again. i would highly recommend it to any family looking for a comfortable nice relaxing holiday or weekend away.

we will definitely be staying in the hotel again. hopefully soon!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

Spent 2 nights in this hotel over the Easter Break. We are a family of 5, and stayed in one of the apartments tacked on to the side of the hotel. The apartments were clean, well kept and spacious. The general facilities were good, and the pool area in particular was clean and well maintained. The major disappointment was the food. I was at a wedding here about a year ago and the food at the time was superb. Well not any more. The quality of the food at breakfast, dinner, and in the bar was shockingly poor and I would not recommend anyone to waste hard earned money suffering through this. This place needs to cop on fast!

Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
galway Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

We had our wedding reception in Park Inn Mulranny last summer & the staff & management were excellent ! we had tested the food and service before we booked our reception with various members of family at random times and the food and service was always excellent.I am quite picky with food but it was always tasty and hot!My mother and grandmother both work in the catering industry so the hotel was under some tough scrutiny!We would highly recommend this hotel, it is quite modern but with a old country charm and overlooks the fab beach and causeway.Our wedding quests stayed the three nights in the hotel and the adjoining apartments and the enjoyed it so much that they are still talking about it !

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

I stayed at the Mulranny for 2 nights. I was going there to attend a wedding and decided to stay the night before. As there was a spring offer on it was Euro149 per night for B&B and dinner one night. The food in the restaurant was excellent and there was a good selection of wines available. Breakfast was cooked to order and there was a buffet of cereals and fruit, cheese, salmon. The food at the wedding was also fabulous so they have got the intimate dinner covered as well as the large scale event. The staff were really friendly. I didn't eat in the bar so cannot comment on that. It's a great location from which to explore Achill island. I would definitely stay at theis hotel again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Galway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

I had booked a weekend Break at the Park before I read the Trip Advisor Reviews. Having read the many negative reviews I felt I had made a mistake booking the hotel. However, the good news is I had not made any mistake! It was a wonderful weekend!
I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by a very pleasant and professional receptionist. She gave me the room key and advised me to enjoy my stay.
On seeing the room I was not happy, it was quite small, cold and dark. I returned to the receptionist and informed her of my unhappiness, she apologised and proceeded to re locate us. We were given a very nice room, which was still quite cold, but we were told it would be warm shortly as the heat had just been turned on. Within 15 mins the room was pleasantly warm.
We then went to the Leisure which was clean and very well run.
The following morning we went for breakfast, having read the reviews about the food we were worried. However, it was super! We were met by a very courteous French man who
showed us to our table and was available at all times to all in the breakfast room.
There was a selection of fruits, yoghurts, breads, cereals, juices and croissants followed by a tasty breakfast. Everything was perfect!
We had our meal booked for that evening. We were met by a very pleasant and professional Manageress ( Asta?) The Restaurant was very busy as it was Patrick's Weekend, but she managed the Restaurant with quiet professionalism.
We were waited by the same Frenchman as the morning, he recommended a very nice wine and we chatted for a while about France, again very pleasant and Professional.
The food was absolutely beautiful! Courses were served at the proper times, we had no long waits and attention to us and others in the Restaurant was perfect, considering how busy it was.
We were served desserts by another French waiter who was also very professional and chatted to us about his time in Ireland and we traded stories about different places he had been in.
The breakfast the following morning was again superb. we cannot fault anything.
Overall, I would say we enjoyed our stay in the Park, while yes, the hotel was cold on our arrival, this was quickly rectified.
However, what stands out in our minds is the exceptional standard of the food, the expert Restaurant Manageress and the friendly, polite and most of all professional three French Waiters who served us.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Mulranny Park Hotel? Share your experiences!