“Family stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Midlands, Ireland
“Family stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Thank you for a good stay at your hotel. Your staff are a credit in general. My stand out things are the young man on reception who was nice to my mother (nice to me too but she @ 89 is more important), who also changed our rooms for us. The girl in the bar on Sat night who got us a real bottle of wine from the restaurant, and tried to get us the one we had in your sister hotel.My 89 year old mother enjoyed music and a twirl around the dance floor. Not available in every venue- not saying this a place for the ancient!!! Far from it!Only one down side- as a light sleeper the noise from traffic and the pedestrian crossing outside meant a disturbed nights sleep. Would I come back- yes -but with a room not on the street. Great Value for Money. The deals with dinner B&B are good value

Room Tip: request a room away from road if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We took a group of 21 fourteen year old boys and five adults to the Castlecourt on a Rugby trip in April 2014.We were looked after so well from the minute we arrived to the minute we left.Food was delicious and service in the restaurant was excellent for both the adults and the kids.Would be delighted to return here.Staff fantastic.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
mayo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Our Daughter had her wedding reception there last weekend and I could not praise the management and staff highly enough. This Hotel is first class for food which was simply delicious,tasty and served piping hot. We also booked in overnight and our bedroom was spotless with two beds and a walk in shower. It had tea and coffee making facilities etc. Beds were very comfortable and we got a good nights sleep. Breakfast next morning was excellent.

I would highly recommend this Hotel for first class service to its customers. One of the best Hotels in Ireland.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Thank you castlecourt hotel for making our stay in may 2014 the best so far we stayed with a group of 65 from co wexford for the golden years week, we all enjoyed the activities the hotel provided for the week especially the dancing every night and the day trips out.
the staff were excellent, food great,the activities arranged by the hotel on a daily basis were excellent quiz, bingo,day trips, play,and best of all the irish dancing and music night.
we will certainly look to come back with our group very soon.

Room Tip: rooms up to the second floor are best if you have a disability as you have to use another lift to ge...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Pros:We came down for 3 days to the castlecourt hotel. It was very well priced (€240 for the 4 of us). The hotel is situated in a Great location and has very good breakfast.

Cons:The staff could be a little more friendly and helpful and the hotel is very hard to find your way around because there is a lot of different lifts (mainly tiny lifts) that can only go to Certain floors and the stairs are not easy to find your way around either (although they are better than the lifts)

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ratoath, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Thank you to the Westport Hotel group and particularly the Castlecourt Hotel! I organised a group booking for 30 people for my sisters hen party and from the time I made the group booking to the weekend of the hen, the hotel couldn't have done more for us. The professional, efficient group reservation process made the whole process easy for me; I just paid the deposit and everyone paid the balance individually on arrival at the hotel. The rooms were lovely and the food was great - each morning our group got to sit together for breakfast and we were never rushed out. Then on the Saturday night we had a lovely meal and the hotel staff ,made us feel welcomed and pampered, making sure at every opportunity my sister, the hen, had a great night. There was live music in the bar on Saturday night and the disco is only a stones throw away. I cannot thank the Castlecourt hotel enough for making it such a great weekend for my sister and the whole group. I have stayed in Westport a number of times before, but I will definetly be staying in the Castlecourt any time I return to Westport. Thank you :)

Room Tip: Nobody in our group had a problem with noise - we were mostly on the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed for 4 nights last August and had a terrible time sleeping because of the stuffiness in the rooms even though it was not warm out at all! Please note that I am not a light sleeper, but the lack of air in the room made it almost impossible to have a good night's rest.

The first room I was in was in the back of the hotel and had a roof outside the window, so it couldn't be left open for safety reasons. The hotel provided a fan but it didn't help with the stuffiness.

After the first evening, I asked to be moved to a new room where I could open a window and went out for the day. The front desk staff forgot, however, so I had to wait one more night and endured another sleepless 8 hours. I was then moved to a room in the front of the hotel and was delighted that I would be able to open the window. However, the front of the hotel is at an intersection with a traffic light that beeps for a minute to allow pedestrians to cross every couple of minutes. Try to sleep through that!

The most important aspect of a hotel is the ability to sleep and thus, I have to give it only two starts despite the beautiful sitting rooms throughout the first floor, the comfortable pub, the nice breakfast, and convenient location. Sadly, I will not be back to the Castlecourt anytime in the summer and would not recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the intersection as possible but not one that has the roof outside s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Castlecourt Hotel? Share your experiences!