“my fortieth birthday” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Westport
Galway, Ireland
“my fortieth birthday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

my husband, myself and four friends stayed, had dinner, the next morning had breakfast, afterwards had a spa treatment and an hour in the thermal suite,even let have a later check out time so could get dressed in room after spa. on arrival the evening before, in our upgraded room, think four poster bed, i got a box of fancy chocolates some wine and a card, wow. it was lovely, the dinner tasty. the thermal suite was fabulous. such relaxation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
castlecourt1, Manager at The Castlecourt Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience of The Castlecourt Hotel and on behalf of the management and staff I would like to start by offering you belated Birthday wishes.
I was delighted to learn that yourself and your friends enjoyed your dining experience with us and that you got the opportunity to enjoy one of the many treatments which are on offer in Spa Sula.
The thermal suite which proves extremely popular is designed for guests to relax and luxuriate in so I was delighted that you had the opportunity to experience this.

Once again I would like to thank you for your kind comments and we do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon to The Castlecourt Hotel

Kindest Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Fantastic hotel, warm, friendly, brilliant food, good music, staff excepionally helpful
Leisure spa wonderful, can't praise hotel enough.
Each evening had a great choice of menu and my first taste of guiness went down a treat.
Situated right in the town centre with easy access to shops.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you most sincerely for your kind comments. It is always a pleasure to hear such positive feedback from our guests.
I was delighted to read that you found the hotel warm and friendly, the food brilliant with a great menu choice, good music and a wonderful Spa.
It also gave me great pleasure to learn that you found our staff exceptionally helpful.
We greatly look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again to The Castlecourt Hotel in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards
Greystones, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My Husband and I spent a happy five days in this hotel. It was comfortable, clean,warm and the food was excellent. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Everything worked like clockwork. It was also centrally situated and there was parking space available. All in all we could recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Could not advise on this one
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review The Castlecourt Hotel following your recent five night stay with us.
I was delighted to learn that you found our hotel warm and comfortable with friendly and helpful staff and excellent food.
I would like to thank you kindly for your recommendations and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again

Houston, texas, USA
12,016 helpful votes 12,016 helpful votes
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Good location and easy and available parking but it was full of tour groups the night we stayed. The problem was they put out their luggage late in the evening and the people picking it up at around six am made a great deal of noise. Our room was clean but looked out on the top of a portion of the hotel and it was not a pretty sight. We also had a problem in that the TV did not work at all until we called about it and the remote never worked at all. I would not go back but that is primary because of the early morning noise. We did not use the spa. Breakfast was average.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and tour groups.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor following your recent stay.

I was most disappointed to read your comments and I deeply regret that following your experience you would be reluctant to return.

The town of Westport is an ideal base for guests who may wish to explore and experience some of the many beautiful areas that the west of Ireland has to offer and is therefore a popular destination. The Castlecourt Hotel like all other hotels in the town cater for groups and individuals and I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that in the interest of health, safety and security we do not allow guests to leave their luggage out the night before they depart and it would be most unusual and extremely rare to have a request for a 6am luggage collection.

I deeply regret any problem which you may have experienced during your stay and should you wish to contact me personally I would greatly welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in The Castlecourt Hotel.

Once again Thank you for your comments

Enniscrone, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I attended a wedding at the Castlecourt hotel at the weekend and I was totally overwhelmed by the service I received by the lovely staff. I suffer from a dairy allergy and a lady called Liz sent me the menu previous to the wedding and gave me a list of alternatives to choose from, On the day the waiting staff were great and made sure that I was ok throughout each of the courses especially one lady in particular. Aside from that, the rooms were gorgeous, very spacious & very cosy. Breakfast was served in the morning and it was lovely, bar staff were very professional and offered a great service. I would definately recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Lovely friendly hotel, excellent location, good parking, great food, lovely swimming pool, staff very attentive.
Food in bistro is lovely, great selection on menu. Breakfast huge selection again very attentive friendly staff. Restaurant is very big and again lovely menu. Bar is cosy with a section outdoors overlooking the waterfountain. The hotel is only a few minutes walks from the hub of westport all the shops and bars.

• Stayed September 2012
castlecourt1, Manager at The Castlecourt Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you kindly for posting such a lovely review, its always good to get feed back from our guests so I was delighted to learn that you found the hotel friendly, staff attentive and that you enjoyed your Breakfast & Evening dining experience with us.

Situated in the heart of the town within walking distance to all the town amenities off street parking is essential so I was delighted to learn that you had no difficulty finding parking.

We truly appreciate the time you have taken to post your review and I would Once again Thank you for your comments.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the not too distant future

Kind Regards
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

just back from a perfect break at castlecourt hotel food was delicious,staff friendly,lovely room in fact i really could not find a fault,we were there for ballroom dancing met some old friends and also made some new friends. lovely relaxing areas to sit and read when weather is not good and i thought the fresh flower arrangements were excellent

Room Tip: rooms to back of hotel are quiet , i am a light sleeper so this suits me for good sleepers all rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent Ballroom Dancing Break here with us in The Castlecourt Hotel.

I was delighted to learn that you found the food delicious, staff friendly and that you had the opportunity to form new friendships and renew old ones.

We always appreciate guests taking time out of their busy day to share their experience of our hotel with others.

Once again Thank you for your kind comments and we greatly look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future

Kindest Regards

Been to The Castlecourt Hotel? Share your experiences!