“A special hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westport Coast Hotel

You added Westport Coast Hotel to your Saves list
Westport Coast Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Quay, Westport, Ireland (Formerly Carlton Atlantic Coast Hotel)   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Westport
County Sligo, Ireland
“A special hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

25 adults and 10 children had the privilege of spending a weekend in the westport coast last october. This is my first time writing a review , but I felt I owed it to the hotel staff and management to share our experiences. Some of our group had travelled from overseas for the weekend and, despite their corporate lifestyles and frequent stays in hotels en route, they found the Coast hotel faultless . Food, staff, facilities, and service are really a credit to the team and I thank them for sharing and caring with us for our family gathering.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel and location was lovely and all the staff were polite and helpful but the management system was frustratingly disorganised. I booked a stay for a group and in fairness there were several times I had to call about switching rooms and numbers and the staff were very accomodating but despite all the frequent phonecalls there were still glitches during our stay.

During our pre-arranged dinner I had to remind staff that a glass of Proseco had been included in our deal. The waitress accidentally dropped a tray of drinks over two of us at dinner. (of course these things happen, and the girl was very apologetic and nice about it) but I felt the management could have offered us a drink on the house or something as an apology. Two of the party were wet and had broken glass on their chairs and coats.

After we had checked out, a member of the front of house staff approached us saying we still owed them for a steak and drinks at dinner. I had to tell her we had ordered no extra drinks and none of us had eaten steak.

Again, they were apologetic but it was frustrating. These remarks were made in front of the member of our party that the occasion was a celebration for and she shouldn't have had to hear anything about money or supposed unpaid bills. I just felt there was a lot of confusion among the staff which would appear to indicate poor management.

I also found the central booking system that deals with two other hotels and the Sula Spa chaotic and disorganised. Our booking at Sula Spa had been confirmed on the phone after my emails had been ignored) and yet they still didn't seem to know what price we had agreed upon or even which treatments people had availed of when it came to paying.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights wit a group and the staff could not do enough for us genuinely.they made us feel very welcome and relaxed.great value package for our group but quality of food and service was not compromised.staff are more than willing to help with all the issues of booking a large group.looking forward to my next stay.location was no problem as a shuttle bus was put on for us free of charge and only 5 mins from town.
Dave whyte
Tuam

• Stayed October 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

very nice hotel, staff are friendly, helpful and courteous. The views from the breakfast room are fantastic. Ample parking outside the hotel. The room was perfectly laid out and well proportioned. Food at the restaurant was quite nice with good choice on the menu

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
meath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Last October a group of 16 of us stayed in the Wesport Coast Hotel. I organised a hen party for my sister and found the staff at this hotel extremely helpful and accommodating every step of the way. From the moment we arrived we were given a very warm welcome. The rooms were lovely and the penthouse suite I had booked for my sister and I was absolutely stunning!
Dinner was included in our package and the food was unbelievable, some of the group are still talking about it! The staff in the restaurant were friendly and efficient and looked after us very well. Views from the restaurant are beautiful!
We had such a wonderful and enjoyable experience in the Wesport Coast Hotel and will definitely be back again in the future!

• Stayed October 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Reasonably priced b&b rate and good food it's nothing too special but definitely very good. Got all the basics right. Friendly staff nice location. Few km from Westport town. Swimming pool is a little bonus tho the male changing room could do with a fresh touch.

Stayed October 2014
Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My wife and I overnighted here on December 4. The rate for B & B was a steal at €40 for both. We benefited from the complimentary bottle of wine available when eating on the premises. The food was class. My wife had seafood chowder which was sumptuous. I opted for duck rolls and was not disappointed. However,these faded into insignificance once our main course arrived. We both chose the rib eye beef special. I can honestly say that it was as good a main course as either of us have eaten out for many a year. The meat was perfectly moist,tender and flavoursome. The vegetables were honey glazed. The meal was a gastronomic delight which would have graced a Michelin star restaurant. The cost at just over €40 for both was extraordinary value. The Corcoran family are to be complimented on their efforts in consistently producing a quality product at value for money.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Westport Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!