“Magical, Replenishing and A Great Gift to Self - Go on just do it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cloona Health Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westport
Cloona Health Retreat
You added Cloona Health Retreat to your Saves list
Cloona, Westport, Ireland   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Magical, Replenishing and A Great Gift to Self - Go on just do it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Cloona is a very special place as it's real focus is on health and well being. It is unique in Ireland and also I suspect given the number of international visitors unique in Europe. It provides a wonderful opportunity to reconnect with your body through its cleansing and nourishing diet; it's gentle yet effective physical exercise programme and the many gifted therapists who provide massage; reflexology; seiki and other treatments. The physical location of Cloona is stunning; as an early morning riser, I was treated to a magical autumnal landscape cosseted by gentle mountains, stone circles and sea views on my many strolls around the area. I walk away from Cloona and I can hear my body thanking me, my mind is decluttered and I feel a renewed vigour for life. Those changes I want to make which feel overwhelming before Cloona become more possible and sometimes I realise that maybe they weren't so important after all. I am a repeat visitor to Cloona and intend to be for many years to come. The team in Cloona offer so much and work very hard to ensure the quality of the Cloona experience. You won't regret it and I can truly say it will be transformative. Go on - you're worth it!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have just returned from a detox week in Cloona in Westport. Cloona is truly a unique experience, a real one off! It is a health retreat for mind, body and soul. The diet is very strict - organic fruit and vegtables only, all locally sourced. The programme includes yoga, alternative therapies, walking, sauna etc. Cloona is very well organised and well run. I met wonderful people and embarked on a journey of self discovery whilst refuelling low energy levels. I would highly recommend Cloona and look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: Ensuite rooms worth paying extra for
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Last week was my second visit to Cloona, and already I´m looking forward to returning in the near future. The peaceful setting, simple but extremely effective program, rest, relaxation and pure spring water work wonders in just five short days.
Dhara and his team are caring and delightful. As well as providing an array of optional extras like reflexology, deep tissue massage and other healing treatments, the yoga and walking offer gentle but effective exercise . Not once did I feel hungry...even on the juice fast day. Once again, I left with a spring in my step and a smile on my face...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

YOU MUST GO HERE. The Liver flush as previously detailed by others is hard work but its only for a day and is so worth the effects it leaves you with when over. The group bonded together and we laughed so much. Who would think constant trips to the loo would create such discussions within the group. I still feel so great. A week here was just what I needed.I arrived feeling apprehensive but soon felt part of a family and knew this is where I needed to be. I have such a different out look on life now. I send a million thank you’s to all the team.
Dhara is a great teacher and a wonderful chef, his homemade soups are gorgeous. Catriona introduced me to yoga, which I love, it energizes your body and mind. just listening to her voice calms you. Donal is a great masseur, the best I have ever had.
What I was taught at the Cloona Heath Retreat has truly made my life better
THANK YOU. To all who read this, it will change your view to life and its better than therapy. DON'T HESITATE BOOK IT NOW

Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

More by luck than choice, I ended up at a liver flush week on my third visit to Cloona. I was advised well in advance that the program requires you to imbibe diluted cider vinegar during the week prior; a day midweek practicing Laghoo (drinking salt water combined with specific yoga poses) and for the flush itself, drinking 3 glasses of epsom salts and 1 glass of olive oil mixed with grapefuit juice. What I and none of the other guests could have known was how good it would make us feel; how rejuvenated in body and keen of mind. Be warned though, where there's no pain there's no gain, although its not all that bad. For me the anticipation of what might happen was far worse than the reality. We all drank the various beverages with relatively little moaning, we all ran to the loo in turn and joyfully discussed our subsequent bowel motions and numbers of stones passed with glee and wonderment. Dhara as always was an inspiration; the walking lessons, the walks themselves and his caring and support during my stay gave me all the comfort and support I needed. Catriona's yoga sessions just get better the more often you take part. Last but not least for me, Donal is a master of massage. Thanks to you all again. It was a pleasure and the resolve you gave me is still going strong.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

As a first time visitor I found Cloona Health Retreat a really special place for giving your Mind, body, spirit & digestive system a restorative, reparative, relaxing treat. I felt energetically great when I got back home. I learned really important ways to get my body digesting better and the joy of veg juice dieting. Everything provided was enjoyable - Yoga, walks, massage, sauna, buddhist meditation. Will definitely return!

Room Tip: Peaceful & Tranquil rooms. En-suites bathrooms are worth the extra.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Cloona offers something truly unique - a return to the simple life of eating well, living well and re-connect with oneself. There is no amount of luxury that enables me to feel as good as I do when I leave Cloona after the five day programme. I am buzzing with energy, full of the joys of life and feeling much, much lighter and optimistic. Practically, I always leave 2kg lighter - the easiest and most relaxing way to lose weight from the body and the mind.... Go soon.

Room Tip: Book one of the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Cloona Health Retreat? Share your experiences!