“Very expensive” 3 of 5 stars

galway
9 attraction reviews
“Very expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a good day in westport war games the guns were good high powered and the instructors were friendly. However it is expensive at 60 euro a person with 10 euro extra for more pellets. You would do well to get through without buying at least 2 more pellet reloads. So at 80 euro albeit for 4 hours I thought it too expensive. Also pellets are dangerous and there was aneed for constant supervision to ensure people didn't get too close to each other and fire. I enjoyed it but wouldn't do it again.

Visited December 2012

West of Ireland
“Worst Day Out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We visited Westport War Games over the Christmas holidays in December 2012. It was one of the most bizarre experiences I've ever had. From the minute we arrived, there was a sinister feeling about the place. We were met by an unfriendly guy at the (locked) gate of the car park, there was no welcome or smile, just a bark to park the car quickly and to reverse into the space beside the two cars already parked there. From that moment on the atmosphere was intimidating. The induction was run through very quickly, incorporated a lot of swearing and the guy delivering it kept forgetting to tell us bits of information and so had to keep back-tracking. There were four staff / stewards working that day and all appeared to be severely hung over and not all that interested in being there.
Once we were kitted out in overalls, body armour and helmets we were led down to a shooting range where we were given a chance to test the paint-ball guns and get a feel for them. We paid €40/person before we arrived and we were a group of around 16. We were then informed that once we ran out of our initial round of ammunition (200 pellets) that we would have to pay an additional €10 for any additional ammo (100 pellets). This important piece of information was not explained to us when we booked over the phone or before we took the test shots!
I've never paint-balled before so 200 pellets sounded like a lot of ammunition to me! The first game lasted for about 10 minutes, I was out of ammo half way through. The second game lasted longer and I ended up re-loading 3 times - €30 extra. The stewards were keeping a close eye on everyone and it seemed to me that they were waiting for people to use up their ammunition before they blew the whistle to end the game, that way everyone would have to re-load before the next game. None of our group were convinced that there was actually 100 pellets in each round.
Having now spent €70 I decided that I'd had enough as did the rest of the group. When we informed them that we were going to leave they said they didn't realise that we were tight on money and could we not make it obvious to the rest of the people playing why we were leaving! As we racked up our paint-ball guns we were treated to a lot more swearing and a particularly crude joke that was not appropriate in front of women or young teenagers.
We were escorted to the car park (through at least 3 locked gates with barbed wire wound across the top of them?!) and then told that we couldn't take the car out to drive up to the office to pay even though it was lashing rain. They obviously thought we were going to do a runner.
The attitude adopted by the staff from start to finish was unprofessional. We felt as if we were under suspicion from the moment we arrived. It was an extremely expensive day out and the hidden extras are not explained until its too late. I would not recommend it for young teenagers (they accept kids over 14) or families. Possibly suitable for certain kinds of stag parties.

Visited December 2012
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
“Best Paintball I've been to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Visited Westport Wargames as a stag party group of 12, mixture of Irish and English lads. Had an absolutely great day. Extremely well organised and safety was stressed and prioritised but this really didn't take away from the amount of fun that was had. Everyone at Westport Paintball was highly competent and unbelievably friendly and welcoming. I would recommend Westport Poaintball wholeheartedly to anyone that might choose to visit.

Visited October 2012
Dublin, Ireland
8 attraction reviews
“Good crack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just back from a weekend stag party in westport. 17 of us went paint balling yesterday afternoon.

It is around three miles outside the town. We got a mini bus out their at 6 euro return, which was very handy.

I have read some of the reviews on this site.A guy called Chris looked after us for the day. I found all of the staff were very professional and Friendly. Health and safety is very high on their agenda. Yes the the paint balls are expensive at 10 euro for 100 paint balls. But we spent on average of 30 euro extra than the additional cost. But it was well worth it.

I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Visited September 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Super Days Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Headed to Westport for my stags, chose Westport War Games as our activity. The staff were very friendly and safety was always a going concern with them. The day was well planned out with groups being split into two teams Red/Black. There were several different tasks/games undertaken throughout the day. We travelled from Westport by taxi, slightly hungover. We were able to place wallets, keys & phones in safe. I felt the cost was fair in comparison to other paintball "companies" in ireland. Would highly recommend.

Visited September 2012