“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 73 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Torrinos Restaurant is located in the heart of beautiful Westport town up a quaint laneway –Market Lane- off the main st -Bridge St-.Torrinos opened in 1996 and has 15 years experience producing authentic Italian and seafood dishes where you can choose from pasta and pizza, to steak and chicken. It has established itself as a favourite with locals and tourists alike, a place where people can go to enjoy quality Italian food and local seafood in a relaxed and intimate atmosphere.The hallmark of Torrinos over the years has been a consistency of good food and service at a reasonable price.We use top quality ingredients sourced locally and import only the finest Italian produce - from pasta and cured meats to the finest Italian wines.If you want to enjoy the best of Italian food in a relaxed and intimate atmosphere whilst staying in Westport , Torrinos is a must.Open daily 5.30-10pmEarly dinner menu available 5.30-7pm
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I ate here over the Christmas while visiting Westport. The inside decor was beautiful. The waitress was very friendly and made us feel welcome. The starters were huge and delicious. The bruschetta was enough for two people and my girlfriend couldn't finish her pancake. The main courses, again generous portions, were also brilliant. As good as any Italian restaurant and the best one we saw/experienced in Westport. And with a 2 course earlybird at less than €20, sure why not?!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ireland
“Taste of Italy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I must say the evening started well i had the tiger prawns in garlic which where absolutley devine, My husband had the savoury stuffed pancake which was also very good. For main i had the pasta with crab meat & brandy sauce once again i couldnt fault it, it was delicious my only complaint would be that the portion size was too big. Hubby had the 10oz steak which was cooked to specification and was really tasty only one small complaint the pepper sauce that came with it was cold but that was soon rectified. My main disappointment of the evening was dessert i ordered the pancakes with icecream and chocolate sauce, the pancake was pre-cooked & cold so come on chef it only takes a few minutes to cook a fresh pancake. All in all i enjoyed my evening and found the prices to be very reasonable and very good value for money.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin
“Quality Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was our second time to eat in Torino's and four of us enjoyed a lovely meal. We were able to avail of the early bird menu which offered great value.

we were brought a basket of delicious fresh bread with gorgeous pestos before our food arrived. The wine selection is fine and we found a nice Italian red from the house list.
My wife and I both had a savoury pancake starter which was quite nice though not the highlight of our meals.I had a seafood pasta dish which I thoroughly enjoyed. It certainly did not skimp on the fish and tasted lovely. My wife's pizza was also very good with a perfectly thin base.
Our fellow diners were also very pleased with their meals.

overall a very good experience and we would be happy to return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northern Ireland
“Enjoyable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Torrino's fitted the four of us in at zero notice. The place was buzzing, but the service remained top class, with that personal touch Ireland can do so well........when it tries.

Our food was a touch above standard Italian, and resonably priced. The pasta sauces were particularly good - secret recipes apparently !

A very enjoyable meal in a terrific atmosphere; We intend to return, so; Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Shabby”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

On a recent visit to Westport my partner and I dined in Torrinos. Having eaten Italian all over the world I think this and il volcano in Westport have got to be the worst ever! If an Italian restaurant cannot muster up a decent bruschetta then forget about anything else! The latter was basically chopped tomato on very poor quality bread. Our main courses were equally disappointing and the place itself is in need if a face lift. A very disappointing meal in a very cramped and dull restaurant. Will be spreading the word.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere