“May look lovely but customer service is a disgraceful!!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of M.J. Henehan Bar & Townhouse

M.J. Henehan Bar & Townhouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westport
M.J. Henehan Bar & Townhouse
You added M.J. Henehan Bar & Townhouse to your Saves list
77-79 Bridge Street, Westport, Ireland   |
Ranked #54 of 64 Westport B&B and Inns
Ireland
“May look lovely but customer service is a disgraceful!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

I rang to book a room & spoke to a young guy I was told I had to have a credit card to secure a room so I cancelled & told him I would get my friend to book the room intsead for us as I did not have a credit card. On arrival we were met by a different woman our rooms had all been mixed up. We managed to sort the rooms. The next morning when I went to pay I was told by an older man that I would also have to pay for 3 other rooms the cost...€180 more along with the €50 I paid for my room. Nobody had slept in those rooms & I had cancelled them. I felt very intimidated by this man & he was very rude, I feel along with my friends that I was treated very unfairly as he would not negotiate with me. The fact is they had various people taking bookings resulting in a mix up. It was a very upsetting experience & I will definatly not be recommending it to anyone I know & neither will my friends. It ruined our trip to Westport.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
wexford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

This is a really cool bed and breakfast, the rooms are really modern, the location is in the center of westport (which is a fun town), the place is well run by a really nice guy and they have some really nice touches like the breakfast which arrives in a paper bag hanging outside your door in the morning, Overall really good, clean bed and breakfast

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

The location is central although this is a double-edged sword as the windows are not double glazed, meaning that there is plenty noise from the busy street outside. This is not the place for you if you want peace and quiet.
Nor is the place for you if you like a hot breakfast in the morning. Breakfast was a croissant, danish pastry, yogurt and juice. While this is fine for one morning, it has certainly lost its appeal by the second morning.
There is no parking on the premises, although the town carpark is nearby and very cheap.

Athlone, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

This hotel is in a great location right next to shops pubs restaurants etc.. Rooms very spacous and the decor was fantastic. The owners were really nice and friendly. However in saying that there are a few things that were not great with this b & b. The rooms could do with a really good clean, bed-clothes were not changed as there was blood on the sheets, and also some kind of bed bugs in the bed. The b & b is over a pub and the other reviews saying there is no noise must have been in a different b & b, we didn't sleep until early hours in the morning when the disco was eventually over. Breakfast comes in a brown paper bag in the morning and left outside your door, if you have coffee the evening before then you go without it for breakfast as it is not refilled. In saying that i think there is a lot of potential for this b & b if these problems could be fixed.

Galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

Just back from my weekend away to Westport. Our bed and breakfast was just fantastic. Rooms lovely and clean. Its better then some hotels I have stayed in. Service was top notch, highly recommend. Breakfast was ideal. Waiting for us in the morning and fresh!! Cant praise this place enought.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Laois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

Had a great stay @ Henehans, rooms Fabulous, Service outstanding, Location- couldn't have asked for a more centrally located B&B.
Great pub below and no noise levels filtered up to the rooms.
I'd reccommend it to anyone looking for a nice relaxing few days in the heart of Westport.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

What a fab townhouse. Definitely the best Ive stayed in. The location is as central as you can get, with great pub downstairs! Thankfully there were no noise problems despite staying on a Saturday night. The rooms are spacious and very clean and the novel brekkie in a bag on the door the next morning is a great idea. I'd highly recommend this spot to anybody visiting Westport. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Been to M.J. Henehan Bar & Townhouse? Share your experiences!