“Such a nice spot” 4 of 5 stars

+353 (0) 98 28944
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 58 restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
“Such a nice spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

We booked at the last minute and took a toddler with us for a start. The staff could not have been more helpful. The atmosphere even early in the evening was just right. The starter ESP the spicy chicken goujouns were beautiful, my partner was amazed at the food, she also had prawns for the mains which I tasted, seriously seriously good. Unfortunately I ordered lamb shank way to early in the evening and as the staff tried to please me it was served to quick. I have no quarry that if left for a while the lamb would have been perfect. The staff knew the lanb was not quite good enough and with out e en asking knocked it off the bill. I just have to say although my main wasn't quite perfect, the staff were perfect, the food that I had and my partners ( apart from the lamb just at that time) was perfect and it's a lovely restaurant. Well done people of the sol rio " we will be back except without the baby" ha ha. Thanks again

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Sligo, Ireland
“Xmas special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had our dinner here the other night and felt inclined to write about it.

2 course Xmas menu for 22 euros or 3 course for 26 euros. My wife had the crab cake starter and the lobster spaghetti main, both of which she said were very very tasty. Half a lobster and scallops and a nicely rich sauce with the spaghetti. Couldn't be beaten for the value.

I went off the Xmas menu and had the grill special, that included lobster, scallops, languestine, clams and muscles - delish....

We'll be back

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“Very pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had heard goods things about this place so we made a point of trying it. Though we didn't have anything spectacular to eat what we did have was very nice. Though it was quiet the atmosphere was nice and staff very good.

Visited November 2012
Westport, Ireland
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I took a business colleague to Sol Rio on Tuesday night. I hadn't been there for a long time - I certainly won't leave it as long again. The presentation was is incredible and the food............ and well I can't think of a word to describe how wonderful it was. I had a seafood pasta dish and I'll probably have it every time I go there it was so good.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sligo, Ireland
“Mmmmmm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent food, very well presented and great service+atmosphere. Cater for vegetarian and ceoliac(choc cake to die for!) Will def go back.

Visited November 2012