“We wont be back” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Castlebar
Dublin, Ireland
“We wont be back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

Dont expect to have any cooking facilities in the self catering lodges behind the hotel. Health and safety issue we were told. The family arrived for 3 nights and had brought groceries eg pasta, rashers, sliced bread etc. There was no cooker, no toaster. After complaining they moved us to other self catering apartments attached to woods hotel next door. After moving everything in we had a cooke alright but not a saucepan, plate, knife. !!!! ( no health and safety issues here apparently)The hotel staff looked at us like we were from outer space expecting a cooker, saucepan or utensils in a self catering apartment for our family. We will definitely not get going back. Misleading advertising. Felt we were ripped off.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
BreaffyResort, Manager at Breaffy Woods Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Dear IVAN054.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit to Breaffy Woods Hotel.
Firstly please accept my sincere apologisies for any inconvenience experienced during your stay. The standards you describe are not indicative of the normal standards we strive to deliver here at the Hotel.

I would like to discuss your comments in more detail with you and I would be grateful if you could email me your contact details to gay.nevin@breaffyhouseresort.ie.

Sincerely

Gay Nevin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Wicklow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Travelled for business purposes. Room was huge, one double bed and two singles. Very basic furniture but clean. In a very quiet area, approx 10 mins in a taxi to Castlebar. Guests have full use of leisure facilities in Breaffy House Hotel.

Reception staff were always very pleasant & helpful.

I wouldnt stay here again unless it was for business, too quiet & isolated.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
BreaffyResort, Manager at Breaffy Woods Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear Thefraylay.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent visit to Breaffy Woods Hotel. I am happy that you found all Staff and our facalities to your liking. If I can be of any assistance to you at any time please feel free to contact me at the Resort, when I will be delighted to arrange your accommodation.

On behalf of Mr. Wilson Bird our newly appointed General Manager and myself I look forward to welcoming you back to Breaffy Woods Hotel soon.

Navan, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

We stayed in the hotel for 4 nights and found the service to be very good. The family suite was very spacious and clean. We found the Kingfisher Spa treatment very good and value for money. The highlight of our stay was the Captain Jacks Kids Club as we have 4 young children. Aisling, Peggy and Michelle entertained our children and we were more than comfortable to leave our 3 children in their care. We loved that it was included in the price of our hotel as we have 3 children and it made staying here very attractive. The girls couldnt have been more friendly and caring. The boys especially loved the evening disco but I felt it went on a little late and 9pm is late enough. I do hope that all the activities in the club can continue right through the Summer as our children cant wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
BreaffyResort, Manager at Breaffy Woods Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2011
Dear Karenryan

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit to Breaffy Woods Hotel I am very happy and pleased that you enjoyed yourself so much and that you found all of our varied facalities here at Breaffy Woods to your satisfaction. I am particularly pleased that your children had such a wonderful time at our now famous Captains Jacks Kids Club. Over the last 2 years we have developed this Club, and won numerous awards that I can honestly say it is one of the best in Europe.

On behalf of Mr. Wilson Bird our newly appointed Resort General Manager and myself I look forward to welcoming you back to Breaffy Woods soon.

Sincerely

Donegal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Myself, my wife and our son stayed here in the June Bank Holiday weekend and on the whole we were very impressed. The rooms were a good size and comfortable. We had dinner on our first night and it was very enjoyable. Breakfast was very nice also. Our 3 year old son loved the pool and the kiddies play area, although he was disappointed that it didnt have a swing.
We attended the kiddies disco on both the Sat and Sun night and our son loved it. He really liked the face painting (Peggy was excellent with all the children).
I rang reception to request an iron and had it delivered within a matter of minutes. (it really annoys me in some places where they keep you waiting for ages)
My only negative about the place was the price of a pint of Heineken. 4.60 was a bit expensive in comparison to hotels in Donegal, but i am not sure if that is the going rate in Mayo.
We had a very enjoyable weekend, I would recommend it this hotel and would return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
BreaffyResort, Manager at Breaffy Woods Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
DearMartyeds.
Thank you for taking the time ro review Breaffy Woods Hotel after your recent stay with us over the weekend. I am delighted to note that you, your Wife and Son had such an enjoyable stay, and that our facalities and service met with your expectations. Our Captains Jacks Kids Club is proving a very big hit with all children and if last weekend is anything to go by we are looking forward to a very busy season with Thousands of Familys coming to visit us at Breaffy Woods Hotel.
Martyeds, if I can be of any assistance to you at any time during the year please feel free to contact me at the Resort.

On behalf of Mr. Wilson Bird our newly appointed General Manager and myself, I look forward to welcoming you and your Family back to Breaffy Woods Hotel soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

When we arrived at this hotel it was pleasant from the outside and the lobby was also pleasant. This hotel is supposed to get geared as a family hotel but from the moment you leave the lobby it becomes awkward.. They seem to love putting unnecessary doors everywhere making it harder to manoevre around with a buggy.. Never been to a place where there is two doors infront of a lift! The rooms were average if you like holes in your bed covers and dirty walls! The restaurant in this hotel was a nightmare for me.. 4/5 steps to get down and up with a buggy.. Not very family friendly.. And have to say there was a girl working in this restaurant who was just so unhelpful.. Everything seemed to be a trouble for her.. I asked her for a small bowl for Childs food.. She didn't get it without a sour face.

We had our meals in Breaffy manor house and the food was excellent up there and I would say its a much better hotel to stay in than it's sister behind it. But have to say the breakfast in the morning was brilliant so we were delighted with that.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend this place to stay as it's dirty, staff very unhelpful(couldn't even get us an iron) and not at all in my opinion family friendly!

• Stayed May 2011
BreaffyResort, Manager at Breaffy Woods Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2011
Dear Mayday 1127.
Thank you for taking the time to review Breaffy Woods Hotel after your recent stay with us.
Firstly please accept my sincere apologisies for any inconvenience experienced during your stay with us. The standards of service you experienced is not indicative of the normal standards we try and deliver to all guests at all times, and indeed this lapse has been adressed.
Your custom is our most valued and valuable asset and we appreciate all of your comments.
If you would like to discuss your visit in more detail please send me your details to gay.nevin@breaffyhouseresort.ie.
On behalf of Mr Wilson Bird our newly appointed General Manager and myself I look forward to welcoming you back to Breaffy Resort during the year,

Naas, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

my mum passed away in march so i just wanted to get away for all the sorrow going to breaffy was great just to see all the smiling faces of the children with everything the hotel had to offer it is a paradise for kids.
We had a lovely room,bed very comfy. The breakfast was served until 11 which was great no rush just lovely and relaxed, the dinner was really nice and a great choice.
The staff were under pressure as the hotel was so busy but they always managed to have a nice chat and smile, cant wait to go back soon, thank you so much to Kamal and all the hardworking staff. Bernadette Ryan Kildare

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
BreaffyResort, Manager at Breaffy Woods Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Dear Bernie051.
Thank you very much for posting such a happy review after your recent visit to Breaffy House Resort after the sad passing away of your Mother. I am really happy that you, under such sad circumstances found our standards and service to you satisfaction and that you enjoyed yourself so much. I look forward to welcoming you back to Breaffy House Resort soon.

If I can be of any assistance to you at any time please feel free to contact me at the Resort.

Bernie051, your custom is our most valued and valuable asset.

Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

My partner and I had stayed at the breaffy house hotel a few weeks previous and decided to bring our young daughter to breaffy woods for the bank holiday weekend, I dont understand the negitive comment,s we had such a wonderfull time. Our room was clean and airy.Our daughter had the best time at the childrens disco and I cannot say enough about the kids club where michelle and peggy took such good care of my daughter and made sure she had a great time (she is shy and they got her out of her shell), mommy and daddy also loved the time off. The pool was great and the food hit the spot. I must say the staff were the making of the place very friendly and helpfull. We are all looking forward to going back for our summer holidays.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
BreaffyResort, General Manager at Breaffy Woods Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2011
Dear heanue 1.

Thank you very much for taking the time ro review Breaffy Woods Hotel after your recent stay with your Partner and Daughter. I am delighted to see that you all enjoyed your stay so much and that you found our facalities excellent. Feedback is very important to us as we prepare for a very busy Season and it also helps us to maintain Breaffy Woods Hotel as the Premier Family Destination.

If I can be of any assistance to you at any time, please feel free to cont me at the Resort.
Your custom is our most valued and valuable asset.

Regards.

General Manager.

Been to Breaffy Woods Hotel? Share your experiences!