“My wife's favorite accommodation” 5 of 5 stars

Rinnaseer | Islandeady, Castlebar, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 15 Castlebar B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Larchmont, New York
“My wife's favorite accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We recently spent a week in Ireland, starting in Dublin and winding up and over. We stopped in towns including Bushmills, Donegal, Sligo, Clifden, Castlebar, Westport, Ballyshannon, Galway, and scenic stops like Giant's Causeway, Slieve League and the Aran Islands. We stayed in fancy hotels, inns, b&b's and self-catered apartments. The Garden Gates was my wife's favorite accommodation. That's all I need to say.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just come home from a three night stay. Having read the previous reviews on here I was a bit anxious that it wouldn't live up to my expectations, I needn't have worried as it more than exceeded it. Our room on the top floor was beautiful,large and airy. On arrival Martina met us with a bottle of water and homemade cake that was replaced each day of our stay. The choice of breakfast each morning was fantastic, with a wonderful range of homemade bread and perserves. Attention to the small things like remembering who drank coffee and who drank tea just made our stay very personal as did her interest and help in what our plans were. I couldn't recommend The Garden Gates highly enough, we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2014
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed In the Garden Gate B&B twice in two weeks.
I highly recommend the B&B for everyone, the gardens and surrounding scenery are breathtaking. Martina the owner is the nicest warmest woman you could ever stay with, the rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated, warm, clean and fully equipped. Breakfast is amazing, loads of variety from fruit and yogurts, variety of cereals and to top off a wonderful very tasty full irish breakfast with the most amazing variety of home made breads.

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

With scenic views, a wonderful atmosphere and the most friendly of staff, this has got to be one of the most comfortable places ive been! The price is more than reasonable and the rooms are perfect! I wont atay anywhere else when im in castlebar from now on! Thanks to all for a wonderful stay!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ten Mile, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Mrs Martina and her house are both absolutely amazing. Her hospitality is excellent and the house and farm are just gorgeous.The dogs & hoses was funny we loved watching them. This is a five star plus . We had a great time she brought us ice water & lemon pound cake & tea for later .Breakfast was amazing fresh home made jams home made crapes smoked samion & all the fixings WOW it was great ...Thanks for the amazing time we will think of you & your slice of heavin oftin

Room Tip: The room up the stairs first door on right . you need to open the windows & look out breath taki...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

What a wonderful stay at a wonderful B & B. I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate my birthday with my family and friends. The B & B was spacious and very clean. The hospitality was delightful. I would say if you are heading to Castlebar, stay at Martina's B & B, she's grand! Thanks for your great hospitality!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Martina and her house are both absolutely amazing. Her hospitality is excellent and the house and farm are just gorgeous. We were a group of 8 travelling around the west of Ireland and found ourselves two nights in her lovely home. Breakfast was no problem even with that many people eating at once, the rooms were really spacious and comfortable and all en-suite with proper fittings and plumbing. Our stay there was completely hassle free and Martina made every effort to accommodate our needs, including a shot of sambuca for a birthday celebration. I could recommend this property to anyone, and I will definitely be staying with her if I find myself out in Mayo again. Thanks for everything Martina.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are just huge so if Martina has the family rooms available, they are just enormous...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Garden Gates B & B? Share your experiences!