“The name says it all...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Ireland
“The name says it all...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

What can i say about D'VIne, well apart from moving to a new bigger and better location, the service, food and whole night in general were excellent.

From being met at the door by the owners, and sitting at the table, the service was with a smile, efficient and attentive.

Myself and my wife were regular visitors to the 'old' D'VIne, but enjoyed the new location greatly.

We started off with a nice white wine, which was remembered by Sonia, the owner from our last visit.

We then ordered brushetta and garlic mushrooms for starters, which were served in time, but enough to relax into the evening.. anyway unlike other reviews.. who want's be rushed out a meal??

Mains we had the excellent rib eye steak special, served on a large wooden board, novel and a great touch, penne pasta for the other half... in fairness, as usual the food we brilliant, it left you full, but in a way wanting more!!!

Desserts followed, then a nice chill out period while we relaxed into the evening.

New D'Vine has lost nothing in the move, simply got better!!

Congrats on the place, best place in town, and not to be missed.

Well done to all in D'VIne.

Martin and Rhona.

Drogheda
“Very disappointing.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

Seven of us recently spent an evening in D'vine for my birthday. I was really looking forward to the evening, but to be frank the food was quite poor. The seafood rissotto was filled with very poor quality frozen seafood. My 10 year old son commented that they couldn't have found smaller bread to make the bruschetta! However, by far our overwhelming feeling from the evening remains an unwelcome one. The service was appalling. I won't go into vast detail but it took 40 minutes from clearing the plates to being given dessert menus. At this point we gave up and left. My husband went to pay the bill and when he pointed this out he was told he was exaggerating! Even if he was, I thought this was a very poor response. WE WILL NOT BE RETURNING. It was my birthday and it felt like an ordeal rather than a treat. Given the times we live in here in Ireland I resent paying my hard earned money for very poor service and mediocre food.

soniamicallef, Owner at D'Vine, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
I am so sorry that this was your experience in our restaurant . It would be a great help to me if I could find out what happened so it will never happen again. I have worked so hard and would hate to think my staff are treating customers like this . Apologies again .
SONIA
laois
“Divine by name and nature.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

My husband and i chanced getting a table one saturday night around 9pm. We were staying in nearby hotel and had no booking. The maitre d told us she had no tables at present but we could wait at the bar in case someone cancelled. We did so and ordered a bottle of wine. They also served draught largers but we wanted the vino. After about half an hour the maitre d came over to us and told us she did not think a table would become available but we could eat at the bar or at one of the 2 small tables in the bar area. We decided to do the latter and so our feast began. We ordered the rustic breads with 3 dips for starter to share. Absolutely gorgeous and more than enough for 2. Then i chose hake on mediterranean veg and he chose ribeye steak with chunky chipw and onion rings. We shared 2 bootle of wine and stayed in the restaraunt for over 2 hours. Staff all were effeicient,friendly and the atmosphere convivial. I would definitely go ther again and wish there was one near me.

Drogheda, Ireland
“Disappointing to say the least”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

Went to D'vine on Saturday night for a girl's night. I was really looking forward to it as I absolutely loved the old place. I can only say I came away disappointed. We had orginally booked for six, but one member of our party couldn't make it. I wouldn't like to see the table they would have given us if we had been six, as they put us at a table for four with an additional chair shoved on at the end. One of the girls had to sit on a stool and when we asked for a proper chair, we were told she would get one as soon as one became available. We never got the chair!
It took absolutely AGES to get our food. We hadn't order starters and we were easily waiting 40 mins for our food. The food itself was delicious, everyone enjoyed it and the prices were reasonable enough.
Our bill came to 121 euro, and we gave the girl 140 euro. I had to ask for the change to be brought back to us and I saw the waitress take the change out of the tip jar! They had automatically assumed that they were getting a 20euro tip!
I can only say I was so disappointed as the old place was fabulous! I think that there is a lack of direction in the new place. No one seemed to be in charge, all the staff were going around like headless chickens, instead of someone saying "Hang on a minute, we have X-amount of tables, so you look after those four, you those and so on". I'll be reluctant to go back. Also, no one asked us if our meal was nice, as if they had of, I would have given them all this feedback.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Drogheda
“First time in D'Vine at night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

This was my first experience of D'Vine at night time. I was in the old place a couple of times for lunch but was never too pushed about it for night time as I am more of a meat eater.. BUT and I say BUT, what a meal I had last night!! Fantastic, I love my steaks and the Ribeye that I had was so tender and tasty that I will now find it hard to go to anywhere else the next time I go out!
The restaurant looks great and the service is as good as ever, so best of luck to everybody involved!