“Lovely Meal” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 80 Restaurants in Drogheda
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Healthy, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
belfast
“Lovely Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We dined here on our way home from Dublin and the food was lovely. We used the option of three courses for 24 euro and all courses were large portions but also very tasty. I particularly enjoyed the sticky toffee pudding. The waitress we had was very helpful and we would definitely call here again when we are near drogheda.

Brubarbistro, Owner at Bru, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Ryan P,

Many thanks for your positive feedback, we strive to ensure that our wait staff are both friendly and informative and are delighted to hear that you found your waitress helpful. Our bru 24/7 menu is very popular as are our homemade desserts, If you enjoyed the Sticky Toffee Pudding I would recommend the Toffee Sundae the next time you are passing, yum!!!!

Ballymena, United Kingdom
“absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Went to bru with my family and had to leave this review as I was so pleased with the food, it was brilliant, most delicious tasting food I have ever had in a restaurant. Thoroughly enjoyed my visit and would love to return.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Philip,

Many thanks for your positive feedback, we are pleased to hear that both you and your family enjoyed your dining experience at bru. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I went to Bru for lunch and dinner. Both times food was amazing. Desserts are absolutely yum ! Service is mostly good would recommend it!

Dear Valerika L,

Many thanks for your positive feedback, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal experiences at bru. We are very proud of all our homemade desserts and agree with you they are yum !!. We look forward to welcoming you back to bru in the near future.
Drogheda, Ireland
“Couldn't be happier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Was here on 7th June for a birthday dinner there were 17 of us in the party we were seated promptly by an extremely friendly staff member and it just got better from there. The menu of which there were three all offering different choices was extensive and had something for everyone. They also have what they call a BRULESS MENU which offered lower fat and lower calorie menus which was great since there were dieters in our party. When out order was taken we were broken into two parties a 10 and a 7 this was to make it easier to control our waitress was to say the least excellent. The food was amazing as usual and nobody could find fault with anything.
I will say one thing to beware of the three course 24 Euro menu is amazing value but be aware of the supplements they can really add up one member or our party paid an extra 8 euro for her choices.
I highly recommend Bru and cant understand how this place is not packed every night one of my favourite places to dine in Drogheda.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Highland4

Many thanks for you positive review, we were pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your meal experience at bru. As you pointed out we have a variety of menus, our bruless menu ( Slimming World inspired ) has proved very popular with our customers. We look forward to welcoming you all back to bru in the near future.
Drogheda, Ireland
“Love it... BUT!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Ok I'll start with saying I do love bru... BUT... And there is always a but. The set menu price has increased recently by €2 to €24. Considering I religiously order a fillet steak this carries a supplement price of €11 which brings my overall price up to €35 before drinks. A bit pricey but the chicken wings and quality of steak justify it enough to make me return. The only downside being the onion rings, these are very poor quality. They resemble something I might purchase in a value convenience store.

Dear IamBuzzLightyear,

Many thanks for your positive feedback, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal experience and one our our signature dishes the Bru Chicken Wings. In relation to our onion rings I can assure you that they are made inhouse as with all our dishes, we take your comment on board and have addressed this in our weekly management meeting. We look forward to welcoming you back to bru in the near future.