“Beautiful decor, lovely staff, nice food, great value, some nightclub noise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westcourt Hotel

You added Westcourt Hotel to your Saves list
Westcourt Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   West Street, Drogheda 041, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Drogheda
Dublin, Ireland
“Beautiful decor, lovely staff, nice food, great value, some nightclub noise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

My group availed of an offer of €65 for bed, breakfast and dinner. My room was booked after the rest of the group, but there was no question of a more expensive price for the single room I was allocated: I only paid €65 like everyone else.

The hotel is beautifully decorated, whether in the restaurant, the bedroom, or the bathrooms. Bed was very comfy and the bathroom was very spacious with a combo bath/shower.

The dinner was plentiful and delicious. The set menu was a far cry from tired, dry hotel carvery, offering a wide variety of delicious starters and mains... All dishes were tried by someone or other at our table and all were enjoyed. (I had ribs to start and thai red curry for the main; both were gorgeous.) We were so stuffed that only a couple of us went for dessert, and in a group mostly comprised of women that's an impressive achievement!

Breakfast offered a few different hot food options (e.g. full Irish, scrambled eggs and salmon, etc.) and the standard other foods (cereals, fruit, yogurts, juice, tea/coffee). It was all quite yummy and set us up for the day. Breakfast was available nice and late too, unlike some other hotels that wouldn't serve you if you came down at 10:30am (which some members of my group did).

The staff were lovely from the moment we checked in until our departure. Couldn't have asked for better.

All in all, getting such a great room, brilliant service, and delicious food for only €65 was a delight. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

One caveat: I could hear some noise from the nightclub up in my room on the third floor when I went to bed shortly after midnight. It wasn't very loud and didn't keep me awake. That said, I was extremely tired; maybe if I wasn't so tired it would have kept me from sleep for a while. If complete silence at night is very important to you, either bring earplugs that you know to work well (I have no clue if the free ones available at hotel reception were any good) or settle to give this place a miss. If not, then I cannot recommend this hotel high enough.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
southern ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

The Westcourt hotel in Drogheda has recently had a complete make over .It is a hotel slap bang in the middle of west street and is the central hub for most locals and visitors to the town . There brand new west 29 restraunt is superb and amazingly decorated. The rooms are very comfortable clean and fresh. In tge evening times one can enjoy a quiet romantic meal in west 29 or have drinks in the disco lounge / bar. Also The West court hotel is home to the infamouse Earth disco . Google it and you ll get a birds eye peak of whats on offer. Do visit the many heritage attractions in and around this historical town and if you happen to have children with you people regularly feed the swans and use the public play ground down by the ramparts we also have funtasia a huge indoor water park and adventure center you wont be disappointed. The reception staff will be only too happy to point these attractions out to you. Also the famouse Baltray Golf Club is only 6 miles or so west of Drogheda. Enjoy your trip.

• Stayed December 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Here in the hotel as I write this.! Location good but that's about it. Was greeted with a notice on our bed saying earplugs available at reception if you need to sleep! This isn't a lie . After getting the Ear plugs there is no difference! shocking. They should either decide are they a club or a hotel. No sleep ground vibrating. Don't stay here if you want a sleep

• Stayed May 2012
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

As it had had been a long time since I was in Drogheda, I sought the advice of the local fishmonger who recommended the hotel. He recommended the Bijou just off main st too but as it did not have a alcohol licence we decided to try the hotel. It proved to be a super choice for lunch - we opted for the bacon and cabbage ( + turnip) etc. It was really very good & went down well with the Guinness. We were expecting a carvery but found the waiter service so much more civilised & efficient.We will be back. The deserts ( I usually avoid them ) were very good too! E15 for food great value.

Room Tip: As we travelled by train parking was not an issue; as the hotel is in the main street ( largely pede...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here of a Saturday night, good buzz in the hotel and bar, good for a party night,
Lots of noisy stragglers after clubs and pubs, our window was facing main street and witnessed lots of fights and thuggish carry on.
Rooms were small, yet modern.
Loved the bathroom, with turbo showers..

• Stayed December 2011
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Was only here one night was disappointed didn't get to try out the bar and club but I still had a great stay! Loved the decor of the hotel, so pretty and looked so nice! Really friendly staff and the hotel is in a great location.

Only downside is there is no stairs, luckily we only had two very small suitcases so it wasn't a problem but I feel sorry for those with a lot of luggage.
I was kept awake most of the night by the room above, they were very noisy all night but this isn't a fault of the hotels and it's not as though there will be noisy guests above you every time you stay!

Would definitely recommend this hotel, a lovely little place to stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Drogheda, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Myself and friends are from the area and dined in West29, the new restaurant in the hotel. I loved it. There were 6 of us in total and we all were very impressed. The menu is fab with choices of tapas to share as well as main meals. Great variety! I did not have a desert but I was very tempted as they all sounded amazing. We got a sharer plate of 3 tapas to start, just to try and they were a great size for the price and were all delicious. The main meals were just as good and the service of beverages and food was to a very high standard. Loved the presentation and the amuse-bouche was a lovely surprise. It was great to see the manager walking around and checking on tables to see if all was good. Rare that is seen on a busy friday night in local restaurants. Even though busy, the restaurant staff remained calm and attentive and you never felt rushed. I will definitely be back if just for some great wine and tapas with friends or a full meal. The versatility and quality of food with a great ambiance makes this place one of my new favourites.

Room Tip: Try the tapas. They are great.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Westcourt Hotel? Share your experiences!