We took advantage of what seemed a great deal, midweek in early July. It was certainly cheap so it may seem churlish to complain, but several aspects suggest there is a lack of communication among staff leading to shoddy and even dangerous facilities. The stair carpet was actually torn - and remained so for several days. My son burned his hand badly on steam from the kettle - staff swiftly provided a gel salve but there was no offer to call a doctor, and no offer to change the kettle (son pointed out the one in his room was different from ours, and had vents near the handle where steam escapes when pouring. The breakfast was not as described on the first day (no home-made soda bread, no honey..) and although the leisure centre is very well-appointed, with a good sized pool, there was a horrible sulphourous smell in the passageway from the changing room. I did not have one good night's sleep - the room was too hot to shut the window but very noisy if left open, with a singsong OUTSIDE the bar at 3 one morning. A fellow user of the leisure centre said the hotel had been in difficulties, but unless management style improves things can only get worse for this business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boyne Valley Hotel In Drogheda is a beautiful 19th century country house hotel set at the end of a tree lined avenue and featuring 16 acres of landscaped gardens and woodland. Located just 20 minutes from Dublin Airport, this 3 star county Louth hotel has so much to offer you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boyne Valley Hotel And Country Club
- Best Western Hotel Drogheda
- Best Western Drogheda
- Drogheda Best Western