“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spoon and the Stars

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drogheda
Spoon and the Stars
You added Spoon and the Stars to your Saves list
13 St Marys Terrace Dublin Road, Drogheda, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Drogheda B&B and Inns
Greystones, Ireland
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Rory the manager is a gentle man and his partner is a lovely person also,my self and speed golf world champion Robert hogan just dropped in as we passed and were treated like we lived there,thanks alot guys we will be back and highly recommend to all heading up your way.

• Stayed March 2014
SpoonandtheStars, Owner at Spoon and the Stars, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Well lads thanks for the kind review and hope ye brought a medal or two home to Galway from the Bettystown Golf Club tournament. Hope to see ye again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Eire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I use b&b's a lot for business trips, after reading the reviews I was a bit apprehensive that the word 'hostel' kept cropping up.... I prefer, after visiting to use the world 'homely' . I have never stayed in a place so welcoming and friendly. From being greeted at the door until leaving nothing was too much trouble for the hosts Hannah and Rory, nor for the other guests! Everyone was friend and chatty. I had booked a single room en-suite which was a spacious double en-suite, immaculately clean (throughout). The bed was one of the most comfortable i have ever slept in with crisp clean bedding. I loved the breakfast arrangement of 'help yourself' and tea and coffee were freely available all the time. Scented candles and oil burners were giving off some lovely smells and adding to the relaxed atmosphere. The tv room had lots of comfortable seating. Everywhere there seemed to be nooks and crannies, quirky furniture and LOTS OF SPOONS!! I think it shows that Hannah and Rory have put a lot of love and themselves into creating this great b&b, I wish EVERY Town had a spoon and stars !

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the kind review and sorry for the late reply. Our home is your home and we hope some day you will return, you never know you might be needed up in tesco again soon.
Wishing you all the best and see you spoon...
Drogheda, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

You have in this hostel a great atmosphere! you can feel at home, the owners are really nice, and it´s easy to get informations from the people there! the kithchen has good conditions, like the rooms! you should share the bathrooms, but they are always clean! so it´s a good place to stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SpoonandtheStars, Manager at Spoon and the Stars, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see again some day.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

well what can i say??its an amazing place to stay in a beautiful historic town, from the moment I stepped into there wonderful place the owners rory and Hannah made my my five day stay truly a memorable one. from the get go they made me feel comfortable and welcome and we became very close during my stay. The kitchen was spotless clean, the bathrooms were spotless clean and my room was decorated very nicely too.. I will for sure tell my friends and family back in Melbourne to check this place out when they arrive. The vibe that oozes from the place is amazing, it is the kind of place that once you arrive you just don't want to leave, it truly took my breath away..so to rory and Hannah, I applaud you for creating such an amazing place and cannot wait to get back there again...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
SpoonandtheStars, Manager at Spoon and the Stars, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank your your kind review.It was great to meet you both and we are glad that you discovered all to see in and around Drogheda.
Hope to see you again on your return.
Spoon on!!
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed there all together for one month during my internship and I´ll come again in February.

I traveled alone but I felt at the Spoon and the Stars accommodation in really good hands. I found immediately friends and was integrated. Rory and Hannah are for all questions or concerns the right contact person and they always give advices where good events take place. It´s very clean and the beds are a dream.

So all in all a really comfortable place to relax and meet nice people! And Drogheda is a beautiful city with nice Pubs to go out!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
SpoonandtheStars, Manager at Spoon and the Stars, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you kindly for the lovely review....it was a pleasure having you stay with us.
Hope to see you again on your next visit to Drogheda.
All the best.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

If you're in Drogheda you're going to walk all-around the town to visit tumulus and other stuff.. Well this is a sweet place where to sleep and relax! Owners are lovely and their kindness is awesome! Rooms are good but in 6 bed dorms you have to go to common bathrooms. Continental breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Arrived late at night whilst Ireland vs Sweeden had a go in Dublin. Not a memorable day for Rory . Coming in to your B&B and our room beautiful arranged and lovely scents nearly made me fall in love with my friend.
Spacious room, old and simple made beautiful. Liked the "make your own breakfast" concept and very friendly hosts that made us feel relaxed and talk about nothing and everything.

Room Tip: Short walk from city centre, long enough to keep the noise from people and traffic away.