“Well worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Wincanton, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Essential to book otherwise you could wait sometime for a table. Service can be a little slow but if you say you are in a hurry the staff will make sure you get your order through in good time. Excellent scampi and steak. We have been here many times and have never had a poor meal. Definitely worth the detour.

• Visited March 2014

Drogheda, Ireland
“Best seafood around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have been here many times. Never had a bad meal. Just reserve a table if you are planning to eat there on a Weekend. The Seabass and Scampi is to die for

• Visited February 2014
Ardee, Ireland
“Don't go!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have been to this restaurant many times and always enjoyed good food, however today I had the worst food that has ever been served to me in a restaurant. Cattle market comes to mind regarding the wait for a table, finally got our table and had to wait 10 mins before I could get attension of waiter to order drinks. Starters were good, however both fillet steaks which were ordered medium were overcooked to a standard they were almost inedible! Dessert (sherry trifle) dry sponge with raspberry jam and 4 pieces of tinned fruit and drissle of custard!!! Actually laughable at how bad it was!!!service was awful. Gone to the dogs from what I experienced

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“Well worth the detour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The best scampi I have had in Ireland. Done in a tempura style batter, the prawns were plump, juicy and flavorsome. The accompanying chips were done perfectly.

The Monasterboice Inn is one of those few places I have taken a long detour to reach and it has never disappointed. This evening, I rang about twenty minutes and twenty miles before the kitchen closed and they were happy to accommodate me.

Roll on the next excuse to call again.

• Visited January 2014
Drogheda, Ireland
“Won't return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Disappointing from start to finish, left standing close to entrance door with menus chucked into our hands, coats still on, approached 10 minutes later, we're we ready to order? We eventually were shown to table in conservatory area, full of messy tables, high hairs & toddlers running round.
Before we had time to sit (still with coats on) we were asked would we like to order a drink. The Monasterboice Inn is overpriced, overrated & I can only guess that locals fill it each night & perhaps have become accustomed to the canteen like dining experience it is.
No-one bothered to ask us was everything ok as we left.

Visited January 2014