“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Limerick
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have not stayed in the hotel but popped in for an evening meal last week. The food was exquisite and the service even better, we had a lovely server called Lydia who made us feel so welcomed and nothing was too much for her. I would definitely come again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Wildwood, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The staff wasn't friendly, and we're extremely rude... Pillows and bed terribly uncomfortable...and halls and rooms were a maze. Our room was over a bar area and was terribly loud. Are tour included breakfast, staff wouldn't let us get coffee early and the food was average at best.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked a king room as a birthday surprise for my wife. We checked in, headed up to our room to find it wasnt a king room. It was a stanard double room with a 3rd bed inside, lovely room but not what i had booked. I went down to reception to be told sorry we are fully booked for the night, she then continued to tell me " thats why we have put you in a triple room which is larger than a king" im sorry but i wasnt born yesterday. I then asked for the manager & waited a fews mins when a member of the bar staff came over (a very nice girl) to tell me the manager said they are fully booked & would like like to offer compilmentry wine & breakfast as it was their fault for the mistake. Found it quiet rude & strange that the manager would not speak to us personally, if he or she had done so i would not be on here writing this review, as this is the first time i have ever complained about a hotel. Definitly will not be staying here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I thoroughly enjoyed my week at the George. All the staff I encountered were very helpful and presented as really enjoying working there. I must make a special mention of Malini the breakfast hostess. She has a most engaging manner and after only 2 days knew my room number and what I wanted for breakfast. John in the bar was very entertaining with his very dry wit and repartee. Rory at reception could not do enough when it came to assisting me and other customers. My thanks to the 'hidden' staff - the managers, cleaners and catering staff. All of you contributed to a most enjoyable stay. 10 out of 10!!!!!
Thank you all. Austin Nunan room 4014.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms are probably less noisy
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Haifa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for one night with our friends. The location is very good. We got 2 rooms on the second floor. The band music from the bar was clearly heard in the internal room after midnight thus our friends demanded to be relocated which was not easy and took an hour to arrange. We had the street view with noise all night. The beds are too soft.
One good point is the restaurant with good food. However the breakfast can be improved. It is one of the most disappointing reservation I have made till now.

Stayed April 2015
Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A group of around 20 of us stayed here for a hen night back in February and we could not fault anything. The hotel is modern and clean with really nicely decorated rooms. It is in a great location within walking distance of shops, pubs and clubs. The staff and management could not have been more helpful. Everyone was well looked after and I for one hope to return to the hotel for a weekend stay in Limerick in the not to distant future.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was part of a group of 32 people that stayed in the hotel on Saturday last.
From the very start to the very end, the George hotel could not have been more helpful and obliging.
From reservations, right through to a smooth check in , fab packed lunches to go for our activity, an area reserved in the bar for cocktails prior to dinner and then a fab meal with great service provided by Justin and Lukas and their team.
Also big thanks to Emmet behind the bar who was great fun ! And to the night porters for tolerating us when we all got home !
Location of the hotel was perfect, walking distance to all the pubs etc. so we didn't have to worry about taxi's. Rooms were modern and spacious as was the restaurant.
I would highly recommend people to stay in this hotel when visiting limerick, especially if you are with a big group - it is ideal !
Wishing you continued success and thanks again to then full team for everything !
We will be back :-)
Sandra Murphy

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to The George Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!