“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
meath
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed here for one night and was very surprised by the hotel! Great location to o connell street parking was easy. Our king room was lovely big and the bed really comfy .staff were very friendly and even posted my work post for me as I'd Forgotten to do it rushing off Friday. Will definitely stay again

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We strive to get it spot on from reservation to departure and are always delighted when we get it right.

We hope to see you again very soon at The George Boutique Hotel.

Altaf Khan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

The hotel is called The George. I repeat, The George.
Not the 'The George Boutique Hotel', so when you're driving past desperately trying to find it don't be tricked into thinking the place is called, The George Boutique Hotel, as I was.
I also say this as the entry point for this Hotel isn't even on the rd advertised, its on a side street, very confusing until you know.
What complicates matters is the parking for this hotel, which you have to pay for yourself (although validated to make it cheaper), isn't at the hotel, its a 5 min walk away. Very annoying and confusing when you're on holiday and entering a new city. You have to find 2 places. Its not clear if you should drop your bags off first then park. I would suggest parking first. But then you have to walk with your bags. I didn't see a place where you could pull up outside the hotel.
They should make it clearer about the parking because most people coming to the city have surely driven there and will want to park. To be fair the parking cost me 7.50 euro for 36 hrs, not bad.
I ordered food downstairs and when they brought it up it was missing my soup. When I went back down to order another Guinness I told them and they apologised and gave me the Guinness for free, they were very genuine about correcting this mistake, and also very quickly got the soup. It was good soup actually too.

The hotel is pretty good value for money, slightly rough around the edges. The coffee in the room is plunger coffee which i think is a nice touch, most hotels provide instant. The food menu downstairs wasn't amazing, I had been travelling and to be honest I didn't really feel like any of the food, but i think this is a case of most hotels serving the same type of food rather a failure of The George.

I would come back to The George, even though it isn't the boutique hotel it is trying to be.

Room Tip: My room didnt have a view, except of other rooms. There isnt a fitness centre or swimming pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

As regards your comments concerning our parking arrangements - unfortunately we don't have our car park as we are located right in the city centre.

We do have a Set Down Area located outside the door of the hotel if guests decide to drop off their bags first. We also have an agreement with 2 multi story car parks located just around the corner from the hotel.

Option 1: Howleys Quay Car Park - Entrance is located on Henry Street
Contact Details: +353 61 401 833
Overnight parking is FREE
18.30 to 08.00 weekdays – Free
18.30 to 10.00 weekends – Free
Maximum Day Rate or 24 hours is €7.50
3 day pass: €15
Weekly pass: €20
Weekend pass for €15.00 Friday till Sunday, park anytime on Friday until anytime on Sunday.

Option 2: Harvey’s Quay Car Park (Above Dunnes Stores) Entrance is located on the Quay Side: +353 61 468 240
19.00 to 09.00 – €5 payable at pay station in Car Park
Day Parking (8am – 6pm) – €6.50 payable at pay station in Car Park
24 Hours Parking – €8 payable at pay station in Car Park
Evening Parking (6pm – Midnight) – €4 payable at pay station in Car Park
Weekend pass for €15.00 Friday till Monday
Weekly pass 7 days €18.00

We hope to be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Traralgon, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

This hotel was a treasure. Great location in downtown limerick and the best service of our trip so far. The lovely Reelika could not do enough for us. I booked a disabled room which slept four and it was very roomy. Reelika came down to the car upon our arrival to help us with our suitcases, how good is that! She then offered to book us a medieval banquet we had expressed interest in for that night, so helpful. Then when we had overslept on the last morning she offered us to check out at 12pm instead of the usual 11am. This hotel is beautiful and it has a lovely restaurant and bar. We had tea one night at the restaurant it was lovely and not pricey. The breakfast was buffet style and had all you could want, scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, beans, tomato, potatoes, porridge, cereals, fruits, pastries, toast, even a pancake machine where you can make your own pancakes with the press of a button, lots of spreads and they will bring you a pot of tea or coffee to your table. Great location, great hotel would definitely recommend it. Only downfall is if you have a car the carpark isn't actually at the hotel but close by and whilst it's free from 6pm to 9am outside those hours you need to pay.

Stayed May 2014

We hope to see you again very soon at The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I had a one night stay in the hotel and I couldn't fault it. The staff was more than helpful and polite and were concerned about our experience. The food was great and the rooms were clean and tidy I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel. It’s really great for our team to see positive feedback.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Had a great one-night stay at this hotel located right in the centre of Limerick City. Staff were excellent from moment we arrived and particularly the bar and restaurant staff couldn't be more helpful. I've stayed here before and food is really excellent - dinner is great value and breakfast is so good you don't need to eat again for rest of day. Will definitely stay again and recommend it highly!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit to Limerick.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

It would be a good experience staying at this hotel, but there were 2 things that ruined it all:

I found an underwear in a wardrobe, presumably left by previous guests, therefore suggesting that the room was not cleaned properly.
However, the most upsetting thing was that I left my phone behind and only realised after checking out. Basically it was never found. I can't believe that some of the stuff would steal from customers, disgusting.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights over the Easter weekend and from we arrived until we left we could not find fault with the hotel or staff. Rooms were comfortable with all you would require in them. Food was excellent in restaurant for both dinner and breakfast, the pancake machine was excellent. I would like to mention the waitress on duty on Holy Thursday Alison (I think) she was very welcoming and friendly and went out of her way to help us with our queries. Dinner deal with bottle of wine was great value though the coffee could be included. Have stayed before and will definately be back

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014

Altaf Khan

Been to The George Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!