“Limerick City of Culture - Riverdance 20 Years” 5 of 5 stars

The George Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   O'Connell Street, Limerick, Ireland   |
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Limerick
Waterford, Ireland
“Limerick City of Culture - Riverdance 20 Years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I brought Mam & Dad to the City of Culture to see Riverdance and we all stayed in The George because it was central to the City. From the time we arrived until we left, we were treated so well that is was like a home from home. The Staff were so friendly and accommodating.The rooms were spotless and had all the amenities that you would need. There was great craic in the bar and the locals and visitors were seen to mix well. The food was to a high standard with an extensive menue catering for all tastes. I will certainly be staying here again!! Outstanding value in every way!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel.

It’s great to hear when we hit it spot on, our team will be delighted to see your comments.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon at the George Boutique Hotel.

Altaf Khan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Last year I attended a meal in the hotel and made a vow to myself I would book a room on my next trip to Limerick. The food was cooked to perfection and served promptly and I couldn't get over the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff. Jacinta who runs the hotel made herself personally known to the party with no request a challenge and overall a hostess with the most. This Christmas we booked in as we decided to visit our friends for our anniversary. We were given a beautiful room on the 7th floor with some goodies inside! Someone must of tipped them off on our special occasion! It was lovely to see familiar faces from the previous year which you can appreciate as it means a lot give the current climate. Friendly efficient staff, another gorgeous meal and a couple of cocktails made it a night to remember! The rooms were so comfortable and the bathroom sparkling! I could not recommend this enough, it's within 5mins walking from all the hotspots in Limerick City and definitely worth the visit! I know I'll be back again! Thank you Jacinta and team, it's hospitality at its best!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We strive to get it spot on from reservation to departure and are always delighted when we get it right.

We hope to see you again very soon at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We spent ten days here in Dec '13 into Jan '14. Home was full of nieces and nephews, so for for the sake of sanity my wife and I got a hotel with my in laws.

The staff were very accommodating, the rooms clean and spacious. The bar was busy on the weekends, but the noise never impacted on sleep and it was actually nice to see a hotel bar with some atmosphere compared to some hotel bars I've had a drink in. The food was good there too.

As for the location, you will have a hard time finding anywhere more central to the city.

As a result of my stay here I booked in a group of 30 for a trip in February.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit to Limerick.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Rugby, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I think when hotels call themselves "Boutique" I don't think by stuffing the room with extra cushions and adding a cafeteria it ticks that box.

This is not a "luxury 4 star hotel" as it describes itself on the website, its more a 2+.

I was very disappointed as I discovered the hotel is used on a Saturday night as the local night club and I could not get to sleep until 3am. I was told that it was being used for Xmas parties but when I spoke to some of the people they said they come ever Saturday

Breakfast was average.

Also had to wait for porter to open the car park which is not owned by the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your stay at The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

As regards your comments concerning our parking arrangements - unfortunately we don't have our car park as we are located right in the city centre. However we do have an agreement with 2 multi story car parks located just around the corner from the hotel.

We are well used to catering to every person needs as a city centre hotel which attracts people who are in limerick enjoying themselves on Saturday night. We also have adult guests as well as a party crowd. That’s what make for a great atmosphere in our hotel. We do proactively try to manage our guests so that they all get the experience they expect. We have guests who ask for quite rooms especially for Saturday night stays and they are allocated quite rooms.

We really appreciate people’s comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can improve on the service we offer to you, our guests.

Once again thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. We hope to be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Limerick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I Stayed for one night, lovely staff and very helpful. Room was nice though the furniture was chipped in places but a comfortable bed. Breakfast wasn't great which was a surprise because we were expecting more. Sausages were over cooked and scrambled egg was dry. Not nice. Location is fantastic and we probably would stay again but wouldn't bother with breakfast.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our guests. I will take your comments in relation to breakfast on board and ensure this does not occur again for future guests.

I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The george boutique hotel was reccommended to us upon choosing a venue to host our gathering. Brochure promised a fun filled ,entertaining night with good food washed down with sweet cocktails and all to which it delivered on. We were seated in a timely manner and staff were ensuring our comfort. They were polite, friendly and attentive to all our demands. Our orders were taken and the menu had such a variety we were spoilt for choice from mouth watering starters to tongue tickling desserts. Could not fault the presentation or service and no delay inbetween courses which was even better. We had planned just to make the george our kick off venue and leave right after the meal until we were made feel so comfortable it was impossible to leave. the entertainment , banter with staff and other cliental occupying the venue was electric . It was a night to remember and one to which we will speak of fondly for many yrs to come . Until next yr George Boutique :) thanks to all the staff..

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next year at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I recently celebrated my birthday in The George Hotel and I must say it was fantastic! We enjoyed lots of lovely finger food as the portions were huge (thanks Justin!) and we danced all night as the music was brilliant!! The rooms were super, clean and spacious, and the location of the hotel is excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Thanks a million to Cheryl, Kevin and Lucas for making my birthday so memorable :)

• Stayed November 2013

Altaf Khan

Been to The George Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!