“Brilliant Hen Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Limerick
banagher
“Brilliant Hen Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at Limerick Strand Hotel for my sisters Hen weekend, it was the May Bank Holiday weekend and very busy with weddings and other hens. Despite the fact that they were so busy our rooms were ready early, we checked in very quickly. We had a fantastic suite which my sister lovely, comfy beds, great food. Also a great cocktail demonstration which went down very well. All staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will be back. Also just want to mention Amy Gribben in reservations who was an excellent help to me in organising our weekend.

Room Tip: Splash out on a suite, really worth it
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have stayed at the strand on a few occasions and in the main it has been good. The food is good the rooms are comfortable and the breakfast is fantastic. This weekend however, we paid more than usual for the stay and to be honest it was the least impressive. The hotel was busy understandably, however that is no excuse for the standard in service to drop. The receptionist was abbrupt and bordering on being rude at check in. My husband had the same experience an hour later as he arrived later than I. The bar on the Saturday night was full of tables that hadn't been cleared and not only did we have to clear our own table to sit down so did others. Not the end of the world I know, however you would expect more from a four star hotel. Overall I was disappointed this time round.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We arrived at his hotel, as part of a trip package with rail-tours Ireland. The reception area is beautiful and they welcomed us warmly. We had a beautiful room, so modern with a king bed. we were not expecting this,a s most rooms in Europe are double, single. The rooms was large clean, and very modern. We had a corner room overlooking the Shannon River. The hotel had two restaurants and a fitness center like no other. There was pool, jacuzzi, sauna,,steam room, and we hadn't brought our suits. the staff was helpful. We wanted to find a restaurant we had looked up, and with not a blink of an eye, they pointed us in the right direction.
The breakfast that was included the next morning was a buffet type. Something for everyone.

Room Tip: I think any room here would be good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel, very clean and staff so helpful. Location is ideal and is right in the city centre just a short walk over the bridge. Room was very clean and spacious. Food was excellent very tasty and room service was very quick if your not in form to dine in the dining room. All in all I had an excellent stay here will return.

• Stayed April 2013
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I totally enjoyed my stay at The Limerick Strand Hotel. The staff at the reception and dining are just great, the rooms very comfortable and the food great. The location is just great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Limerick. Definitely 10 out of 10.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough for their professional services and their planning the great success of my daughters recent 21st Party .I had 40 guests attending and the choice of the menu was excellent and nobody was disappointed . I agreed a Theme with the management and that was Snow White and I ordered a fantastic cake from Zest and this is where the Magic was that made it so special .

Unfortunately I have only one great daughter and had I more I would be planning already my next event .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Copenhagen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Varm and friendly atmosphere, excellent location - and the best hotel bed i´ve slept in, in my 40 years of travelling - i really can´t find anything bad to say about ouer stay :-) Highly recomendable.
Claus Severin - Denmark

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Limerick Strand Hotel? Share your experiences!