“Had to rate after great experience.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casa Nostra Limerick is a relaxed, traditional Italian Restaurant in the heart of Limerick City. The restaurant’s appeal lies in its natural warmth & charm, offering newcomers an atmosphere that would make you feel like you are dining in the heart of Sardinia or Rome. Whether you are dining with a loved one, friends, family, colleagues or entertaining business clients, Casa Nostra offers an intimate & elegant setting with an informal family atmosphere, sumptuous food & excellent service.
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Had to rate after great experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I saw that this new place was rated number 3 in Limerick by TA so I said I would check it out. Two of us ate.

On arrival we found the venue to be a lot warmer than the FB images had suggested. There were Italian products on display behind the bar, a high ceiling with perfect lighting and elegant, understated decor.

We were seen to right away. When I made the reservation they said that 8 was troublesome as they had two large tables so they suggested half seven or half eight. We arrived at half eight.

The menu was very extensive with many, many options. I went for a prawn cocktail for a starter and my lady friend had bruschetta (sp?). I really enjoyed by prawn cocktail. It felt like homecooking --- all substance rather than style. The sauce was deliciously strong and the serving was generous without being over the top. My lady friend was enjoying her bruchetta also.

For a main I had veal while my lady friend had spicy sausage pasta. She found the spicy sausage serving very large but sure she only eats small portions. I LOVED by veal. It was my first time having it and the flavour of it (can't remember the sauce --- mushroom) was divine.

We got a bottle of wine but only I was drinking it. It was OK but well served.

We shared some delicious ice-cream for dessert.

That review doesn't sound great but the experience was. The service was exquisite and the value was so good that I gave a 20% tip when I usually always give 10%. I can't wait to return. The only reason I didn't give 5/5 is because I think it is too easy to this however I think you can take it that there was nothing wrong with the meal.

Brilliant althogether.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gravegliu, Owner at Casa Nostra Limerick, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such an honest and genuine review, we really appreciate it and look forward to welcoming you again, ciao a presto!

Dublin, Ireland
“Sensational!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Recently went her with my girlfriend and was blown away! This restaurant is absolutely sensational. The staff were friendly and very helpful but gave us space to enjoy our meal. The food was to die for and easily the best Italian food I have ever eaten. Had a coffee to finish which was perfect. Nice portion sizes too as we were not able for desert. Food was very reasonable and the quality was second to none. I cannot wait to visit this restaurant again. I highly recommend visiting Casa Nostra. It will not be disappointed. I just hope they don't change a thing because it is perfect as is!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for your kind words and we will definitely try not to change anything!!! Come back soon :)
Galway
“Ledbee "review"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was eating in the restaurant on the night LEDBEE and her husband came in and all I can say is that your husband's behaviour was atrocious and totally un-called for; he had clearly had too much alcohol and you should be apologising rather than trying to damage someone's reputation for your own mistake! Food is fabulous, staff are charming!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
I would just like to thank you for responding to the Ledbee review, it was a horrible situation for us and it is nice to know that our clients were able to see how badly this couple behaved.
Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
“owner was too rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

on the 8th of december I booked a table for 2 in the casa nostra (a voucher was purchased through livingsocial for 25.00 but for the value of 50.00). When booking the meal I mentioned I had a vocher from living social. After looking forward to a well earned night out with my husband it started in disappointment all thanks to the owner of this restaurant. The restaurant was about 80% free and as the waiter and owner showed us to our table I noticed it was directly beside the toilets. In an empty restaurant I simply and politly asked if it was possible to sit at the next table. The owner replied "no, this is your table." The events that followed where shocking and in this day and age I don't think my "request" was out of ordinary especially as the restaurant was so empty. The owner advised we could either sit at the table he picked ..... or leave !!!!!
Easy to say we left, and had a devine meal in copper & spice - which I would highly recommand - staff friendly, warm atmosphere and excellant food - and cater for gluten free meals !! bonus all round.
My advice is casa nostra seems determined to fail as a business ..... pity !!

Visited December 2012
gravegliu77, Owner at Casa Nostra Limerick, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Following the "incident" you refer to on Saturday evening, I rechecked my booking records and found that yours was in fact the last one received and that I had informed you that we would be full but that you could wait if it wasn't a problem for you. You received the table near the door to the corridor leading to the restroom (where incidentally I eat every day), as every other table had been prepared and accounted for in my floor plan due to people arriving after the Munster match. I personally accompanied you to your table, as I do with all our customers. At the moment you arrived we were still awaiting our other pre-booked regular guests but it was still not possible to change your table as you requested. As soon as you entered I realised your husband had already had a few beers too many but that is perfectly fine once behaviour remains within the bounds of public respectability. His response to me not agreeing to change your table however, "I DONT GIVE........ HOW BUSY YOU ARE" made it clear that I could not allow you to remain in my restaurant.
Instead of leaving quietly your husband proceeded to stand at the door shouting "YOUR TOILETS STINK!". I have many customers who witnessed and were appalled by this outrageous behaviour and your husband actually threatened one gentleman who politely suggested you should leave. Instead of which however, your husband continued to stand at the door screaming abuse and banging the front window, at which point my partner advised him that she would call the police if you did not leave. I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS BEHAVIOUR FROM ANYONE IN MY RESTAURANT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
I would suggest that you take a look at all the other positive comments on Trip Advisor from highly satisfied, well-mannered and regular clients!!
Limerick
“Little Italy in Limerick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I had dinner in Casa Nostra with 2 friends last night. What a great restaurant. The food is fantastic (very generous portions too) and the staff is absolutely lovely. Best Italian food in Limerick!! Go and try it out, you wont be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere