“Great hotel, lovely setting” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Loyalty Bonus Points
Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Limerick
Galway, Ireland
“Great hotel, lovely setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Overall, this is a great place, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. A very nice gentleman checked me in for a late arrival--and kindly walked to the car park to open it for me. The hotel itself is very stylish and nicely decorated. I was told I was getting a room with a double bed and a single bed. I was shocked at how LARGE their idea of a "double" bed was--and very pleased--it is more like a king sized bed! I would love to see what a king sized bed is like in this hotel--it must be massive! The view from my room was great--overlooking the Shannon, as the hotel sits right by the river. The neighborhood seems safe enough--but there isn't much within walking distance to do--at least, not from what I saw. Also, it can be a little tricky to find the hotel--although you can see it on the horizon (one of the tallest buildings in Limerick) navigating the one way street system can be a bit tricky. The only thing that I was disappointed in was the fact that they do charge for parking in the car park--otherwise, you'd have to park on the street and pay there as well. Overall though, it is a nice hotel and I would go back.

Room Tip: The views of the Shannon river are stunning--so ask for a room on that side of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

592 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I spent one night at the hotel while touring Ireland. I thought the exterior and lobby/bar were misleading compared to my room. The hotel was clean, spacious, and very modern. My room, however, was rather small and of moderate quality. Nevertheless, I thought the location was great in town, and it was unique to be right on the river. The bar and restaurant were convenient for hanging out with folks we met along the way.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at the hotel last Saturday.As well as Munster Team! That was a highlight of our stay. And I have to say, everything was perfect since the moment we arrived until check out.
Hotel was very busy throughout our stay..we had few drinks in the bar and than we moved to the restaurant for dinner. Staff were so friendly and efficient, and food was just as good.
There was a big queue for breakfast on Sunday morning, but we knew that will happen, we wouldn't mind waiting. Is the same in all hotels at 10.30 in the morning. I have to say one thing thou..Female manager at the doors was very polite and friendly, even thou she was under so much pressure, she was still able to smile..
It was great to see this place so busy, and soo many red t-shirts around!
Room was clean and specious, and the view...was amazing.
We had to pay extra for the car park, but we wouldn't mind as it is only €8.50.
We will be back again!

Room Tip: Ask for room at the city side!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ClarionHotelLimerick, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Limerick, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are the team hotel for all of Munster Rugby home games and there is always a great atmosphere around the hotel when they are playing. I am delighted to hear that you found your stay with us excellent and our staff friendly and helpful. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager
West Cork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If this was a 3 star hotel I'd give it a rating of very good but as it's a 4 star I think a rating of average is appropriate - it's ok. I'm a regular visitor to Limerick and haven't stayed in this hotel before because it's usually very expensive and parking extra. Got a deal through a hotel booking site, €100 room only for 3 guests. No issues with check in, our room was fine, with a view of the scrapyard outside (hotel views don't really bother me, how many people spend time gazing out of hotel bedrooms anyway) but like I said fairly average. Free wifi available in bedrooms which you don't always get in other hotels. Had a few drinks in the bar, pleasant staff who serve the tables so you don't have to wait at the bar counter.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to hear that you found your stay average. Should you be returning to the area, I would appreciate if you could drop me an email directly so that I can make sure that we take very good care of you on your return visit. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We decided to have a two night break to include New Years Eve so we opted for the Clarion as we had stayed once before as a birthday treat. We were suprised to find that we were able to book through Lidl Breaks.ie so it was a very reasonable package deal for 2 nights B&B plus one dinner in the Kudos Bar which is Thai cuisine (lovely). We booked the gala menu for New Years Eve in the restuarant which was only €30 each and it was wonderful. There was a disco in the bar but we were so full from dinner that we opted to go for a walk and ended up seeing the New Year in, in a lovely little pub. I upgraded on the room so we had a fabulous corner room overlooking the Shannon and city from the eleventh floor. It had a window and a full glass bay with table and easy chairs so it was wonderful to sit in the bay window with our drinks. The room was spacious and comfortable and bright. Its was nice and quiet on the Sunday night but not so quiet New Years Eve but what can you expect really! Breakfast was buffet style and there was a large choice and its was all very nice as it was the last time we stayed. All the staff were friendly and helpful even though they were so busy they always made time for you. If you are thinking of staying, there is a pay car park right opposite the hotel. There are deals for hotel guests (ask the attendant) our two night stay cost €17.00 but the weekly rate was much less. Another successful stay at the Clarion and lots of shopping in Limerick, very enjoyable, no doubt we will be back.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing East if you can
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and the wonderful panoramic views from all our bedrooms. I am happy to hear that you found all our staff very good and friendly. Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review on our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Just back from a short stay at The Clarion Hotel in Limerick,and I would highly recommend it.We had dinner in The Kudos Bar and the food was amazing,and the service very efficient.The staff were really friendly and pleasant,and also very helpful,especially Danny the night porter,who made time to have a chat with us,and told us of some interesting places to visit in the area.It's location is within walking distance of the city centre,it's right on the river Shannon,with lovely views of the city.So if you're planning a trip to Limerick this hotel is a certainly the place to say.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your 5 stars and for your wonderful review on our hotel. Thank you for taking the time and effort to write this review. I know that other guests will find this very helpful when selecting their next stay in Limerick. I am delighted to hear that you found your stay with us excellent and our staff friendly and helpful. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We visited this hotel in May/June and it was quite an enjoyable weekend. Check in was smooth and the room was very nice, luckily we got a nice high floor with a great view of the river.

The hotel itself is in a bit of a rough area, alot of undesireables around it drinking etc.

We chose a great weekend to visit as there was a festival going on in the city and we got to see a great firework show from our hotel window.

Overall it was an average hotel with an average price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. Limerick is a wonderful city and when there is a festival on, it really comes to life. We work very hard to ensure that all our guests and customers have a safe and comfortable visit to our city. Kind regards, Ivan Tuohy General Manager

Been to Clarion Hotel Limerick? Share your experiences!