A group of four of us booked in for a Saturday night. The hotel is in a nice, peaceful setting, some 10 minutes drive from the city centre. Located off the main road, the hotel comes with plenty of free parking. The taxi fare into the city was €12 but we considered this mitigated by the fact that you must pay the same to park at many of the more central hotels.
Check-in was excellent. The girl on reception, Rachel I believe, was fantastic. Very efficient, warm and convivial, she made us feel very welcome. There was a slight issue with us getting a double room instead of a twin but this was rectified straight away. The only other requests I made at booking were for inter-connecting rooms and late check-out, both requests were met without issue.
The rooms were fairly large, functional and very comfortable. There were some things that required maintenance, like a cracked wash basin, but nothing so major so as to detract from the comort or enjoyment of the rooms.
I thought the spa facilities were fantastic. Very well presented and maintained. The outdoor hot tub was my personal favourite. We found the sauna a little on the cool side but I believe the thermostat is controlled at the spa reception so I'm sure that could easily have been seen to if we had asked.
What I find a real shame about this hotel is the quality of the food. We ate in the Quench bar at around 5 p.m. The waitress was very nice, but I was concerned when one of us ordered a steak sandwhich and he was not asked how he would like cooked. In hindsight that should have given us a clue to a poor quality stake. In the mean time the condements were delivered to the table. The vinegar bottle was empty and covered in grease. I can't understand how standards in any establishment, let alone a four star hotel can be so low. Then the food came. I can honestly say it was the worst food I have been served in any hotel anywhere in the world. The chips were so undercooked they were still hard in the middle. The veg looked like packeted frozen mix and it was still cold. None of us could finish the meals and we had to get more food in the city later. Breakfast was a little better, but compared to other four star hotels I have stayed in nearby the quality of ingredients is very poor (the Dunraven Arms in Adare does a fantastic breakfast). It was 10 a.m. when I made it down, so I was not expecting the food to be very fresh, but I would imagine most had been on hotplates all morning.
My first impressions of this hotel were so good I truly wanted and expected to be giving it a five star rating. The staff, without exception are fantastic, and to their credit when I mentioned the quality of the food they were very apologetic. I would happily return to hotel if the standards of the food improved but not before then.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel And Spa, Limerick
- Radisson Blu Hotel Limerick
- Radisson Hotel Limerick
- Radisson Limerick
- Limerick Radisson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa offers luxury accommodation, complimentary car parking, award winning restaurant, two bars, leisure facilities & Rain Spa & Wellness Clinic. The hotel is the ideal location for exploring the west of Ireland , just a short 5 minute drive to King Johns Castle, The Hunt Museum and Thomond Park Stadium, home of Munster Rugby. This region offers a thriving nightlife, a host of excellent restaurants and shops, world famous golf links and parkland courses and the country’s most stunning visitor attractions, including The Burren, Cliffs of Moher and Bunratty Castle and Folk Park.Just a 5 minute drive from Limerick City and 10 minutes from Shannon Airport, the hotel is located on 20 acres and is the ideal base for both the Corporate and the Leisure Guest. All spacious guest-rooms include coffee/tea making facilities, luxury beds, reading chair & lamps, personal coded safe, trouser press and complimentary WI-FI access, Spacious bathrooms include bath or power shower with hand held shower massage, sink/vanity, hair dryer and loudspeakers from TV/Radio system. Rain Spa and Wellness Clinic at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Limerick, offers the perfect way to rejuvenate mind, body & soul. This facility includes 9 treatment rooms, a thermal suite, outdoor Hot Tub, Relaxation Suite, wet treatment rooms and state of the art Leisure Club. All residents receive complimentary access to the Thermal Suite and Outdoor Hot Tub at Rain Leisure and a 15% discount off treatments at Rain Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Otel, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.