“Something different!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 194 restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: MEJANA RESTAURANT FINE LEBANESE AND INTERNATIONAL CUISINE IN HEART OF LIMERICK , IRELAND
Longford, Ireland
“Something different!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had a late lunch / early dinner here recently and was pleasantly surprised. Great service, tasty food and remarkably cheap. The restaurant lacks ambiance as others have said and could do with a facelift but it is clean and comfortable. I would definitely return for an evening meal here again and would like to try some of the more unusual dishes!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
“Lovely and something different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Went here with some friends who were down from Dublin. Really nice staff. Helpful and non hassling leading to a very relaxed evening. We decided to share starters and main courses and there was no problem. The food was great, well priced and the evening very worthwhile. Recommended!

Limerick
“Beautiful food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was in this restaurant for dinner on two different occassions and really enjoyed the food. The service was great and you do not feel rushed by the staff. My husband and I normally have to ask for a break between the starter and the main course as a lot of Limerick restaurants will give you the main course as soon as the starter plates are cleared. Not in MeJana, it is all about a having a great dinner experience. When my husband and I were in town today, we decided to have lunch here. Again, the food was gorgeous. Great value for money too as the portions were very generous. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Limerick, Ireland
“Lebanese Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The starters were amazing but all 3 of us were disappointed with the mains. Pity as its the only Lebanese restaurant in Limerick. As a mains they do a 10 starters dish - the table next to us had it, it looked really good

Visited November 2012
limerick
“Interesting but not the wow factor!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I was really looking forward to a meal here as I had never tasted Lebanese food before and am open to trying different foods! I am so sick of the typical, Indian, Chinese, steak choices in limerick.
Found the food lovely but it took us ages to decide what to order. We missed the early bird so found it expensive if you don't get specials.
I didn't like the fact that the tables are small and squeezed together- no privacy. The venue is very small, hard to get a real buzzy atmosphere here which I like on a night out.
The belly dancing is wonderfully tacky!! But not everyone's cup of tea.
Service was very good and attentive.
I would return to eat for an early bird or special offer. I don't mean to harp on about the negatives but...
It's a pity because this restaurant offers a lot of potential if the venue/decor was changed.
Limerick badly needs more diverse and different restaurants as this is a start.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere