“one of the best places to go horse riding in ireland” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 34 Activities in Limerick
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Equestrian centre offering riding for all ages and abilities. Full disabled facilities. Accommodation available on site either self catering or full board. Unaccompanied childrens holidays. 120 acre parkland cross country course, two indoor arenas, extra large outdoor arena.
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“one of the best places to go horse riding in ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This place is just great. If you are confident enough to go cross country, then go! the grounds are really stunning. All the horses are extremely well trained and all the staff are very very professional. I simply love this place. You wont regret it.

Visited March 2012

Limerick, Ireland
“a delightful place for horse and rider”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have recently been taking horse riding lessons in Clonshire for about 10 weeks at this stage. All the staff are very professional, helpful and above all very welcoming and friendly. The horses are all very good, with a variety of horses and ponies available for all riding levels, from the total beginner to the very experienced. Its a fun place to learn, with great facilities - 2 indoor arenas, an large outdoor arena and cross-country ride outs all part of the learning experience. Its also lovely to just ramble around the stables after a lesson to to say hello to all the beautiful horses and ponies who are so well looked after by their staff. It has been a great experience (still on-going) and I would thoroughly recommend Clonshire Equestrian Centre to anyone thinking about taking up horse riding. Its only 10-15mins outside the beautiful picturesque village of Adare on the N21 Limerick/Tralee Rd

Visited February 2012
Limerick, Ireland
“Great place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Clonshire is a fantastic place to visit if you are in Limerick on holidays or to ride full time. The facilities are fantastic, two indoor arenas, a huge outdoor arena, an excellent cross country course( that caters for all levels) , great stables horses and staff. You will receive brilliant tuition and have fun, all staff are friendly and extremely knowledgable. I have ridden in a few establishments in Limerick previously and even though all are good they cannot compete with clonshire. One you drive in you will see the facilities and you will know what I'm talking about. I ridein clonshire weekly and would never consider going elsewhere.Clonshire caters for children and adults. Tuition in dressage, show jumping and cross country is available for all levels so if you're a beginner go out and give it a go. You will love it.They also have an active riding club for adults and many competitions and leagues. For people visiting on holidays it is by far the best place to go so if you have an interest in horses book in. In the summer months you cannot beat the cross country course there is huge choice and you have an option of what height to go for in a lot of fences, there is great variety and it's so much fun. If you decide to book here you won't be disappointed :)

Visited April 2012
Limerick
“Clonshire-For events”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I had the pleasure of working with the staff/horses of Clonshire when they very ably hosted the Equestrian element of the National Irish Special Olympics Games in 2010. Nothing was too much trouble, the staff were hard working and fun and the facilities were great. We very quickly became one big family and I would recommend anyone who wants to take up the great sport,or to improve their skills, give them a visit..you won't regret it..

Visited June 2011
Boston
21 attraction reviews
“Very nice people, happy horses too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We were a little nervous driving up to Clonshire Equestrian Centre because the muddy road and some derelict rusting equipment didn't give the best first impression, but when we got inside the stables we found a very happy and energetic crew of people who immediately took us under their wings. We had a reservation for a one hour ride through the countryside and they quickly got us signed-up, outfitted and on our horses.

A very outgoing and happy teenager led us out and around the countryside. My daughter and I are at two VERY different levels so I made clear to just park me at different locations so they could do cantering and jumping while I taught my horse how to stand steady and eat grass. The girls rode off together over fences, thru ponds, over "Irish banks" and up and down hills at speed. It was all very successful.

I don't know if they would have gone farther afield if they had been without me, but we did our full hour while staying within a quarter mile of the stables. I'm not complaining, and it was beautiful land, but if you want to ride a more linear distance instead of looping through fields you should ask if that is available. What we did was perfect for us.

I found it to be noticeably less expensive than riding on the East Coast of the US and twice as fun.

As we were leaving, they good naturedly gave us some souvenir horse ribbons (my daughter said colored 7th place) which became our favorite Irish souvenirs because they remind us of that happy hour.

Visited March 2012