“Average 2 or 3 star hotel.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of South Court Hotel

You added South Court Hotel to your Saves list
South Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raheen Roundabout, Limerick, Ireland (Formerly Lynch South Court Hotel Limerick)   |
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Limerick
Dublin, Ireland
“Average 2 or 3 star hotel.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as our friends had booked it for our weekend in Limerick, I knew my choice of the Absolute Hotel would have been a much better one! We had low expectations after reading the reviews and I'm so glad we did, as we were still disappointed. This hotel really needs to be refurbished. When we checked in at the hotel we had to remind them we booked an executive room, we they didn't seem to know. There was a young guy checking us in who was friendly enough, but there was a woman on the desk who was so blunt and curt, it would put any guest off! In the middle of our check in they decide to answer the phone and leave us standing there- is that normal?! When we went to the 2nd floor where our room was the smell of stale alcohol and cigarette smoke hit us- it was disgusting! Our friends, who had also booked an executive room which apparently were all full, stayed in a standard room which was in fact nicer than the executive room with no smell of smoke. Our friends came to the conclusion that our room without a doubt used to be a smoking room as the smell was overwhelming. The wood on the door frame was damaged and the door lock was slightly insecure, although not enough to worry about somebody coming in. The outside of the door had been plastered, it looked as if it had been kicked in! One of the reasons we stayed in this hotel was for the gym... Which was actually good for a hotel gym, although I'm not too sure about the people who train there and the man who runs it- you'd think in such a small gym he'd know who is a member and who is a hotel guest!!! The gym also closed at 6 at the weekends, very early closing and useless to us as we only arrived to the hotel at 5! Could be an okay hotel but we will not return.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 208... AWFUL, awful room. Smell of smoke was overwhelming, door frame wonky. Frien...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Belfast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Was coached here and stayed at expense of Air Canada following flight cancelation. Dont fly Air Canada by the way under any circumstances.

Hotel was not in a great scenic location but service was good and room was OK and clean. Evening meal was not great but was edible.

I didnt chose to stay here but all in all it was OK...stayed in worse.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

A detailed version of my disastrous night in the South Court hotel would be far too long for this review but to get to the point, the staff here were unacceptably unprofessional. The rudeness myself and my boyfriend experienced with both reception staff & management was unbelievable. Aside from this, our key cards had to be fixed twice at reception (no apology given) and then to add to everything esle, in the morning a man opened our door with a key card from the outside and entered accompanied by a group of young men! We were shocked. The receptionist just shrugged her shoulders when I told her what had just happened. I would not recomend this hotel to anyone. I would like to point out that there was a large event being hosted by the hotel on this night so I understand staff were under pressure however that does not excuse the treatment we received.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

We made last minute arrangements to go to Limerick and booked a double room online at 3pm. At 4.30pm I checked in quick and hassle free. Very impressed with the room. So spacious with separate area with table,chairs and couch. Perfect spot to avail of the free wi fi.lovely comfortable bed and nice clean bathroom.

• Stayed August 2012
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at South Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Mu4Ca,
Thank you for your review and we are delighted you had a comfortable and hassle-free stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the South Court in the near future.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This review is an unusual case - I found myself at the South Court Hotel, because my flight out of Dublin was delayed overnight, and due to the Tall Ships Festival in Dublin, all the hotels were booked. So, the airline put us on buses and sent us to Limerick (over 2 hours away). My bus of approx. 50 people descended on the South Court Hotel, and I can only assume this was with limited notice.

Kudo's to the South Court Hotel team. They were quick and efficient in checking us weary, cranky travellers in (for future reference, management might want to put more than one person at the desk, if possible - although I can say she handled it exceptionally well, but perhaps a bit more frazzled than she would have been, had she had assistance). They made sure they had a hot lunch waiting - even though it was 3:00 o'clock. They put together a 3 course menu for dinner, to make sure we could all be fed - and it was delicious. I spoke with many of the other travellers, and many expressed their satisfaction with the meals presented.

The rooms were clean and all made up. And yes, there is a pub attached that may lead to some noise - my regret is that our airline told us we had to ready to get on a bus at 5:30AM, so I went to bed early. If I knew the reality, that the bus would arrive at noon, I would have joined the festivities! And, BTW - that 5:30AM bus trip, meant that the staff was there early, ready with a full Irish breakfast for us, to make sure we were fed before we left....even though in hindsight it was unnecessary.

So - I want to send my kudos to the South Court Hotel team. I personally thought, and having talked to my bus-mates, WE thought you handled the situation with great patience, sensitivity towards our situation, and in general, we can't imagine what was happening on your end - but we all walked away with a very positive perception of the South Court Hotel team. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
SouthCourtHotel, General Manager at South Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Scarlett_atom,
Thanks for your kind comments; I will pass them on to the rest of the team here.

We're glad to hear everything was to your satisfaction and we hope you had a comfortable journey home.

Warm Regards,
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. For the price I paid I found it fine, although this hotel has seen better days. Some of the decor needs modernising. The gym needs to be more girl friendly to go there again -mostly for weight loving people, with the cardio machines tucked away in corners. The changing rooms need an update, including putting loo roll in the toilets.
That said, the staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The wifi was excellent, and free. The room was very spacious, and the breakfast had a good self service selection for hot food.
Would stay there again for business as the rates were good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your post. We are constantly trying to improve the quality and service we offer and we appreciate your feedbcack.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the South Court Hotel,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed with my wife the food was lovely the staff where super the hotel is less then 10 mins to in town by car we will be going back to it soon.and can't wait too it was our first time in limerick it won't be our last it's a super city to go to

• Stayed August 2012
Dear tokeeffe,
Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back t the South Court in the near future.

General Manager.

Been to South Court Hotel? Share your experiences!