“I'll be back.A jem of a place” 4 of 5 stars

Woodfield House Hotel
Ennis Road, Limerick, Ireland   |
Ranked #16 of 23 hotels in Limerick
Cork
“I'll be back.A jem of a place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

By pure accident we arrived at this establishment.We had no hotel booking but tickets for the Munster match so traveled to Limerick on spec.The only problem was that we were travelling in a defender jeep plus roof rack which is over two meters so no internal car parks so that limited our choice.
The staff were so helpful and friendly.
The room was very nice and had all the facilities that one would expect.
The breakfast was top class.
The bar had friendly locals that were equally as helpful as the staff.
The price was very reasonable for two people.
Only a short walk from the stadium.I will be back soon to see the up and coming matches.I'll be recommending this to my friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I went to Woodfield House with an open mind after reading one two bad reviews on here. We went on a Grab One, 2 couples. B&B plus evening meal. Straight away we loved the vibe of the hotel, lovely lady greeted us at reception, and escorted us to our rooms to make sure everything was okay. Rooms are lovely, nice comfortable bed, pleasant decor and spotlessly clean. I'm not sure what more one could want. We had dinner in the hotel that night, amazing, very tasty and fresh food. The bar is lovely, and seems to be frequented by locals, who are all very welcoming and nice. Next morning we had a beautiful breakfast, made to order served up to us. I wouldn't be a breakfast eater, but I have to say it was amazing. My sister and I went shopping at the nearby Crescent and came back a couple of hours later to our husbands, where we then enjoyed a beautiful carvery meal before setting off home. I'd definitely give this hotel 10 out of 10, so friendly and personal it was more like I was staying at my Aunt's house for the weekend rather than a hotel. Full marks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Couldn't believe I was staying in the same place as the other reviews described. Musty smell greeted you on arrival. No-one at reception, and call bell broken. Room quite small, fittings shabby and rusty, press taps in the bathroom (which for some reason, I felt made the room particularly un-hospitable!). Really disappointing. Only highlight was the lovely Polish girl who served us breakfast.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
cork
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed here with my 16year old daughter,got a deal from grab one so maybe thats why im writing this poor review,maybe you get what you pay for,its not at all like the pictures shown,rooms were small and pokey,sockets broken,light in bathroom not working,no heating put on even when asked yo do so.smell of must in the room,is so out dated i cant believe it is a 3 star hotel,no one at reception when needed.i will say the food was nice,had dinner in the bar and breakfast next morning but couldnt wait to leave, definetely wouldnt book here again especially if you think your getting a good deal.annette from cork

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Monument, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night. Just happened to see it and stopped in. The place has character but the room we had was good and the attached pub had great food and atmosphere. Some pubs in Ireland can really make you feel like an outsider, but I didn't get that impression here. We had a great breakfast as well. The desk clerk/manager? was exceptionally friendly. She provided help on local attractions and getting around in the city. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again or recommend it.

Room Tip: Just ask to see the room first. They were happy to do this.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend on a voucher deal, great value. Paid 88 euro for 2 nights dinner bed and breakfast. Was apprehensive but with such a good deal we really didn't expect much. We were, however, delighted with our stay. The hotel appears to be more of a pub with rooms upstairs. Upon entry we were checked in straight away and given a lovely room towards the end of the corridor. Bright spacious room with single and double bed, tea and coffee making facilities, TV, nice bathroom, everything you could need for your short stay. We stayed in the hotel bar that night for drinks and dinner - main course only but substantial. Friendly staff. It's only a 15 minute stroll into Limerick city. Not so much to see in the city centre, the Milk Market is worth a visit, go early though as we only got there about 3pm and it was closing up. Breakfast was perfect, served in a side dining room. Reception staff were lovely as was the girl who served breakfast. All in all I would recommend this hotel for any business/fun you have in Limerick especially if you can get a deal. Bar very popular with locals and it was full both nights were were there. Also Thomond Park is withing walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Darwin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

It is certainly no Ritz hotel, but it was exactly what we wanted.
A great slice of Irish life with nightly singalongs in the pub downstairs, wonderful Irish craic.....the sound of a myriad Irish voices, discussing rugby, hurling and other important issues.
Along with this, fantastic food, great value rooms and good service.
We made great friends with locals we met in the pub, who took us to the hurling at the Gaelic grounds just down the road.
Memorable, hard for the kids and I to leave.

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Woodfield House Hotel? Share your experiences!