“luxury for what we paid..something different!” 5 of 5 stars

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Georgian Quarter | Pery Square, Limerick, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Galway, Ireland
“luxury for what we paid..something different!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed on a monday and tuesday with groupon deal for two nights with use of thermal suite an voucher towards spa. I Would definetly recommend it if you get good deal. It has a quirky boutique style .. Room was smallish but unusual .I liked the decor .The bathroom was big with big shower and old style bath. The bed was huge and sooo comfy! Breakfast was amazing- nicest fruit salad with granola in the buffet ..amzing scones etc.Fry up was nice and had pancakes with blueberries!! No Tea and coffee making facities in room but it can be brought to your room anytime. Restuarant and spa not open on Monday so would recommend staying a different day. I felt lady was overworked in kitchen on Monday maybe because we were just arriving at ten for breakfast but it was fab! I got back neck shoulder massage.. which was very good . Usually in a spa I find the pressure too light but she really eorked on my knots!! Staff were very friendly! I really enjoyed it.

• Stayed February 2013
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Delighted you enjoyed your stay so much , look forward to welcoming you back again one day soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed at Pery Square for a 2 night break recently, on a Sunday and Monday night.

The hotel itself is a lovely Georgian building with a modern wing attached to it. However Sunday and Monday nights are not a great time to visit as there are limited food services in the hotel on these days. You could not get any food at all after 730 on the Sunay evening, with the restaurant fully closed on Mondays.

The standard room that we stayed in was nicely appointed but quite small. Storage options were also quite limited. The bed was very comfortable, although I was woken at 7am on the Monday morning by the refuse lorry outside collecting waste from the hotel

The staff were very friendly and helpful but a few of the restaurants suggested by them were closed on the Sunday night - thats not their fault though and they were quick to suggest and book another option which was very enjoyable.

Breakfast was tasty and was served in the main dining area. However on BOTH days, the newspapers were not delivered to the hotel so we had to go out to buy one elsewhere. Also, I sought to order smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast, but this was not available on both days, as the salmon had apparently not been delivered either

The range of magazines in the bar and spa area was very unusual with many of the magazines being very old - I read one magazine that dated from the year 2000!!!!

My final gripe was that the Groupon deal that we bought to stay in the hotel apparently included a "Thermal Spa TREATMENT". However, this turned out to be nothing more than an entitlement to visit the spa area to use the steam room and sauna etc. To me that was a misleading description of the offer. It should also be pointed out that the spa does not have a hot tub or a jacuzzi which I think would be a nice addition to the garden area of the hotel. The Groupon deal did mean that our stay was good value though

The hotel is well located with the main shopping street of Limerick only a few minutes walkaway but I would be slow to go back to visit the hotel again.

Room Tip: Try and pay extra to stay in one of the rooms in the original building.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your break overall. I am sorry we had to disappoint you on the smoked salmon, we get deliveries direct from the smoke house and unfortunately their driver got a little delayed that day with weather when we investigated. I am also sorry that the newspapers had all been taken by other guests when you came to reception and we could have ordered your own copy if only we had known or indeed have gone to the shop for you.
In relation to the magazines, we stock 5 up to date magazines which include image, country living, period living and many more but we do tend to hoard the old ones too, personally I like to look back but I understand not everyone does. The groupon offer was a great deal and does includes Thermal spa time for up to 3 hours for 2 people. I appreciate doesn't have a hot tub but the herbal cocoon, aroma steam, coal bunker sauna, irish mist showers, sole pools and snooze room were all included in your package to treat the body and soul, Actual treatments can also booked in addition to the thermal spa experience. THank you for your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I booked No 1 Pery square for a one night getaway with girlfriends, and genuinely found the experience faultless.. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, full body massage was excellent and the food was seriously good.. And after a fun night on the tiles in Limerick city the very late check out was like a gift from God.. So thanks to all the staff for making our very short visit a very enjoyable one.. Don’t hesitate.. Treat yourself.. You won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Delighted you enjoyed your time with us so much and thank you for the lovely words
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I won an overnight stay in this hotel and my God was I lucky to have done so! It is such a beautiful hotel and so so relaxing and picturesque, it is very central but not in the hustle and bustle of things! The bedrooms are beautiful and the food for breakfast was gorgeous, what impressed me the most were the staff, the were the nicest and friendliest of any hotel staff I have ever encountered and they did everything to make our stay more comfortable! I will definitely be returning for another stay at this wonderful hotel...No 1 Perry Square!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay at No 1 and we look forward to welcoming you back
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Joined family and friends for a wedding here.It is in the heart of the city and very luxurious.We had delicious food ,cosy warm accommodations could have spent another few days !The decor was spot on,great place for a family getogether.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Delighted you had such a great time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My friends brought me away for a night to No.1 Pery Square, a belated birthday and I am from nearby Clare, so sort of local but had not stayed in one pery square before. We drove down from Dublin, I was really looking forward to the luxury rooms and the Spa - they were perfect but dinner was stunning! The beautiful Brasserie One Restaurant is really comfortable, perfectly lit, which was great as we were knackered after a long week. The food was sumptuous, and delicious and I ate all round me but didn't bloat afterwards, total result as I was slightly worried about getting into a swimsuit for the Spa the next morning. It was a gang of girls, we left behind husbands, lovers, children, dogs, horrible bosses, gym membership... and it felt like we were dining in Provence. Or maybe somewhere nice in Italy. I know nothing about wine but that was v nice, one of the girls chose well, and the Prosecco was even nicer! Dinner was a feast, Breakfast was a feast, like with several courses, we did not need lunch, think I brought an apple with me from breakfast, I was sorted. We saw a gorgeous cake in the foyer as we were leaving for a christening going on in the private dining room upstairs, am wondering if the Brasserie made that too?? Every guest coming and going in the hotel winks and smiles at you, I'm very partial to winking! Anyway, it was v hard to leave, it was a life saving weekend at the time as our work lives were so stressful. Totally rejoice and recommend this venue for it's food and fun.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, stretching out on a bed the size of a small country is pure bliss
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
THank you for your lovely review in particular comments on our food. Food we are passionate about and I am delighted you all enjoyed your evening so much. Hope to see you in from Clare again some day soon
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our 1st anniversary in September 2012. This small hotel is in an excellent location for walking to the sights of Limerick. It is located in a beautiful Georgian era building that has been restored. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The in house restaurant serves wonderful food, especially breakfast! The rooms are very well kept and cozy. I would absolutely recommend and stay at this gem again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Limerick
Absolute Hotel
Clarion Hotel Limerick
Clarion Hotel Limerick
#8 of 20 in Limerick
4.0 of 5 stars 777 reviews

Been to No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!