“Superb from penthouse to basement” 5 of 5 stars

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Georgian Quarter | Pery Square, Limerick, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Limerick
Dublin, Ireland
“Superb from penthouse to basement”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I am checking out of pery square (late) and complimentary today after a fantastic night stay. I stayed in the penthouse which was beautiful a little chilly at first but once I was shown to to adjust temp it heated up nicely to be very comfy. The bedroom was a good size with lovely attetiin to detail with a gorgeous full length mirror the bed was unreal it was so comfortable and I had a great night sleep after a long soak in the bath. The bathroom was nice and was the only negative thing I could say about this hotel is that the penthouse would be perfect if it had a corner jacuzzi bath or free standing bath as it was just a regular one ( with lovely taps), however the rain forest style shower made up for it it's spacious and refreshing. The toiletries were top notch and smelled amazing. The living room is perfect for business but also very relaxing it is a little too modern with decor with hard edges once The lighting is low and you lay on the couch with a woolen blanket watching a massive tele the moderness faded into the backround. Small in width balcony but fantastic views of the Georgian quarter of limerick. Parking is easy very close to hotel despite it's city location. The brasseri restaurant wad second to none. Service was friendly and prompt the chefs were in full view whilst cooking and very calm even in The busy period. Food was delicious. Chicken parfait with cutney and sour dough crisps to start was yum followed by some of The best grilled fish I've had topped with almonds and served on creamy carrot and mashed potatoe. Berry and apple crumble with coffee to top it off. If you like white wine The "clearly organic" spanish is a great compliment to the grilled fish. food was reasonably priced and it is well worth staying in this hotel for it alone. Now onto The spa... It is lovely and quiet the therapists I met Tracey and rafiki( hope that's right) are so nice it was The end of the day and they still looked lovely and were courteous and helpful. The small but tranquil spa consists of a foot bathing area rubbing salt into your feet and bathing in hot and cold water very refreshing, an aroma heat room 40-60c with lovely scent warming you up, onto the steam room plain and functional as most steam rooms nice decor and same with sauna, when your heated to the Max there are lovely showers freeeeeezin if you like it. Theres cold water on tap and herbal tea and fruit. The relaxation room is calming and lovely. The therapies are very high standard with beautifully decorated rooms and voya products. The only negative thing in this Spa is lack of a hot tub or little water therapy area which would top it off although I hear the seaweed bath is great so maybe adding that to your experience would do. Overall the staff including the owner Patricia are all lovely and friendly and very professional. There was a lady upset and complaining loudly when I arrived in the spa over a mix up in bookings and the girls behind the counter listened tentatively and did their best to diffuse the situation it was handled very smoothly. The attention to detail at breakfast was the finishing touch for me it was very high standard of fresh produce and the chef made all hot food from scratch on request ( no soggy rashers or cold beans sitting in big vats) all food was ordered and really good. I would rate this place amongst some of the finest hotels to stay in Ireland I will be back here without doubt as this hotel is what good hospitality should be like.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Ballyheigue, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We wanted a quite weekend and we got it at No.1 Perry Square which is in the heart of Limerick city. We managed to walk a lot and see the place on foot. Good quality restaurants were close by and so was the Museum and a collection of Old Churches. We saw the old part of the city by the river with the fortifications restored.
The park across the street from the hotel was very nice and we had a good walk there. We also managed to go to a nearby shopping centre some 1.5 miles from the hotel. We used the car for this purpose. There was as many shops in this centre as there was in the heart of the city with lots of bargains to be had. Lovely experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

There were so many great things about this hotel I don't really know where to begin! My wife and I spent a week traveling around Ireland and this hands down was the best hotel that we stayed at! We were given the "Wilde" room upon arrival (each of the rooms are named after Irish authors). As soon as we walked into the room a rush of relaxation came over us. The room seemed to be average sized but the bed was gigantic and incredibly comfortable! The bathroom was very large with a shower and a large bathtub. In the morning we were a little late to breakfast but they so kindly brought everything back out for us. The scones were the best we had in Ireland! The staff at the hotel was absolutely amazing we were even treated to a little show over breakfast as the staff was telling us about a British movie and reenacted parts of it! No. 1 Pery Square was simply amazing and we will always recommend it for anyone staying in Limerick!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with others, delighted you both had a great holiday in Ireland and your enjoyed your time with us in Limericks historic Georgian quarter.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Boutique hotel with fabulous rooms beautiful decor and furniture. Restaurant is best in Limerick set in dining room like someone's home. Great food, wine and friendly service. Staff very welcoming and great little bar

• Stayed December 2011
THank you for your nice review on our hotel, hope to see you again soon
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

The hotel was lovely and the welcome was warm. There is a very calm atmosphere so lovely for a relaxing break away. The bed was unbelievably comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. The power of water spray in the shower was fantastic.
Negatively, we had booked a package including dinner. The menu options available were very limited, and as I was pregnant half of them were unsuitable for me. The food was of very mediocre standard. Two of my party ordered a fish pie that was nearly inedible due to the grease it was swimming in.
We had drinks in the bar afterwards. The woman working there was extremely friendly. I ordered a hot chocolate to take to my room and when I tried it it was disgusting and I poured it down the sink. We spent the following morning in the spa. I had a massage, manicure and pedicure. The massage was not good. She spent an inordinate amount of time on my shoulders and no time on my lower back, which I had requested be worked on as I had a lot of pain there. I chose a colour for my finger nails and when the therapist couldn't apply it properly she used a different colour and expected me not to notice. She didn't look as she filed my nails, the result of which was very odd, irregular shapes and lengths. Afterwards I waited in reception for 25 minutes to pay and eventually gave up and went to the main reception to pay.
This has the makings of an amazing hotel, but lack of attention to detail made it a very disappointing stay.

• Stayed October 2011
IRELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

What a wonderful choice of hotel for a relaxing one night spa break with my Mum and sister. A lovely hotel with even more lovely staff. From the moment we arrived, the customer service was second to none. Very personal, very helpful and very welcoming. The food in Brasserie One was certainly the highlight of our stay. Top class.Compliments to the chef. The timing between courses was just perfect and the wine was (very pleasantly) reasonably priced. The breakfast was just as good the following morning. Would like to especially compliment the lady of the house for being most helpful and generous during our stay. Thank You!
.......Stay in No.1, you wont be disappointed :-)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Patricia-Roberts, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
You were the first to book our new Mother and daughter package and delighted you both enjoyed the experience, hope you can come back some day soon. Have a great christmas and happy new year
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

My first experience meeting people in Ireland was at No. 1 Pery Square. It was the most well appointed hotel I stayed in well traveling across the country. The staff was second to none. I enjoyed the tiny bar watching rugby, ate in the restaurant, had spa services and booked excursions with the staff. I was even spoiled to a lift to the train station when I departed.

My room was cozy, the bed like a giant pillow and the washroom with beautiful finishes. It was clean and top quality materials were used throughout.

The hotel was beautiful - a highlight in Limerick!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
THank you for choosing No 1 for your 1st night in Ireland and we hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip, we wish you a very happy Christmas and all the best in 2012

Been to No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!