“Flawless service coupled with fantastic atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 216 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: Azur Restaurant Limerick, the best kept fine food secret in the city! Our modern restaurant offers classic European style cooking with dishes ranging from our signature Trio of Seafood and local Lamb Cannon to our succulent, juicy Steaks. Our intention here at Azur is to provide elegant, classic dishes with an inspired modern twist. A different special every day ensures our menu appeals to every palate. We are proud to say that all of our fish, meat and vegetables are locally sourced and delivered fresh, daily.Here in Azur we pride ourselves on a warm welcome, friendly service and relaxed atmosphere. Our young and energetic team strive to provide the highest standard of customer service and are happy to assist with any special requests.Our Early Bird menu is served every day from 5pm finishing at 7pm on Fridays, 6.30pm on Saturdays and available all evening Tuesday - Thursday and on Sundays. This menu offers a 3 course meal from only €19.95. The A la Carte menu is available all day, every day with a competitively priced three course set menu for only €29.95.
Limerick, Ireland
“Flawless service coupled with fantastic atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I have chosen to eat at Azur a couple of times and have been largely impressed by my experiences. On my latest trip, my party tried out both the house red and white wines, and I must say they did not disappoint. The flavours perfectly complemented our main course dishes. The deep-fried Brie wedge was a personal highlight of the starter dishes. I chose the corn-fed chicken as a main, and though the meat was cooked to perfection, I found the accompanying mashed potatoes to be too salty for my taste. I voiced this at the table, and other members of our party were in agreement - it appeared the chef had been too liberal whilst seasoning with salt.
The menu is very concise, and though Azur have really mastered the meat dishes they have on offer, I would be pleased to see a few more dishes introduced to the menu. Perhaps more than just a 'crepe' for the vegetarians amongst us. Having said this, we finished our meal with an array of magnificent desserts from the a la carte menu. It was great to see some original choices on there - my Malibu and coconut bread & butter pudding was scrumptious, and my friends were delighted with their sticky toffee puddings and selections of ice-cream. Credit must also go to the waiting staff, who are amongst some of the most friendly and genuine Limerick restaurants have to offer.

Visited December 2013
AzurLimerick, Owner at AZUR Restaurant, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
I would like to thank you for your review and really appreciate the feedback. We are currently working an updating our menu and will be announcing some fantastic new dishes soon. I am delighted you enjoyed your evening with us and hope to see you again soon

Limerick, Ireland
“great service amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have not enjoyed a place more than this in any city we have been to. Not only was the food amazing the staff took the time to help us with travel question as well as small talk, I would highly recommend it show up before 630 for the early bird special!

Visited January 2014
Thanks for visiting our restaurant, we are delighted that you enjoyed dinning with us so much. Great to hear my staff were very helpful and you felt so much at ease. Look froward to seeing you again soon.
Shannon, Ireland
“Fab Food But Amazing Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My mother, sister and I booked in for dinner last Saturday night. It was a mini celebration for mam finishing her chemo so it was rather important to us and I have to say we had a great time!! Food was beautiful but more so the staff were amazing. I ordered a Mojito after my dinner and to me it seemed like there was no sweetness in it. When i asked if I could get it sweetened their was absolutely no problem, they offered a fresh one which I declined as the one I had was perfectly fine just needed sweetening. Later the manager came to ask if it was ok. I ordered a 2nd because the atmosphere was so great our conversation was flowing & it was perfect. The gentleman serving us couldnt do enough for us throughout our dinner, enough to feel like your being taken care of but never actually in our face interrupting our experience. I highly recommend the place, the food was delicious but it is so nice to go out and meet nice staff who are friendly even when busy. TOP MARKS :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Great to hear you had such a fantastic experience with us, we are delighted that you choose our restaurant to celebrate such an important occasion. I can only thank you for choosing us and hope that you will return again soon, when there will be a mojito on the house waiting frome me. On behalf of my staff thanks again
Galway
“Fab food. Well worth the visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Had a gorgeous dinner there last Friday. Went there on a recommendation and it certainly surpassed my expectations! The food flavours and presentation was excellent, couldn't fault any part of the meal ... Just looking forward to returning again soon!! And to top it all the service was friendly , professional and not intrusive! Well done all!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Azur and look forward to seeing you again soon. Always nice to hear positive reviews, makes all the hard work worth while, thanks again
Munster
“A great experience and we will be back for sure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We ate here last night and neither of us were disappointed. The starter, main course and dessert were delicious. They braised beef was melt in your mouth and the bread and butter pudding tasted was scrumptious. A young pretty girl waited on us and she was so pleasant. The restaurant is nicely laid out and tastefully decorated. Overall it was a great evening and we would definitely dine here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for choosing our restaurant and we are delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us. Its always nice to hear positive comments about our staff and the food. Hope to see you again soon