“Definitely worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Limerick
“Definitely worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Lovely pub to visit atmosphere always excellen for matches party's or just chill and be wated on. Friendliest staff ever and most accommodating Food always to a high standard .Limerick pub stepped on history.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Maura M, Director of Sales at Bobby Byrnes Bar, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for your recent review on Bobby Byrnes. We are delighted with your lovely comments with regards to our staff, food and atmosphere, I will certainly pass them on to everyone here.

Cork, Ireland
“The real McCoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have family in Limerick so I visit fairly often, and it always takes walking in the door of Bobby Burns to really make me feel like I've arrived. The pub has managed to strike that really difficult balance of being an authentic Irish pub, frequented and loved by Limerick natives, and also being welcoming to tourists and newcomer's to the city. The staff are exceptionally friendly, and the owner is a Limerick native. If you get a chance to pick his brains about recommendations for activities during your stay it will be well worth your while! The food is a class above the average pub lunch with really generous portions, and a few stand out items like their delicious brown bread and yummy fish and chips. A real Irish pub, ideal if you need a quick bite during the day, or if you feel like sitting with your pint and watching the world go by. I've heard that the atmosphere is great in the evening, so one of my ambitions is to come here on a night out, and not just for lunch! I honestly think that you can't claim to have visited Limerick if you haven't dropped in to Bobby's!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your recent review, we really do appreciate all feedback.
We are delighted with your lovely comments with regards to the atmosphere and welcome that you received, and the fact that you find you have finally arrived in Limerick when you have stepped through our doors. We look forward to welcoming you one evening to Bobby Byrnes as we like to think the atmosphere and ambience carries right through the day.
Thanks again for your lovely comments.
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic food with a friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

While stopping through Limerick last week, I decided to eat in Bobby Byrnes. I had heard great things about the pub and it's food from friends and was really looking forward to trying it out. I got into the pub around lunch time and the atmosphere was fantastic. I ordered and got my meal in good time. The size of the portion was excellent value and tasted delicious! The staff were also very kind and polite. It was all in all and enjoyable lunch and I'll certainly be going back many more times!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to review Bobby Byrnes. I was delighted to hear that we have been recommended to you by friends, and even more delighted that you had an enjoyable lunch with us. We serve lunch 7 days a week and there is always a great buzz in the bar at lunch time. We are very lucky with our staff as a lot of them are with us a number of years, we take great pride in our customer service so thank you for your lovely comments, I will pass on to everyone here.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nothing special..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Went here with my partner for meal recently. We got starters of breaded mushrooms and chicken wings at 5.95 each. Got 5 small wings, tiny portion and nothing special about the taste, breaded mushrooms marginly better but none worth the price.

Main courses were bang bang chicken served with noodles and the ultimate burger served with chips.

Although chicken was nice the portion of noodles was poor in quantity as this dish cost 13.95! The burger was huge and was more than enough, this too was 13.95.

Did i mention service was extremely slow even though there was hardly anyone in there. It took 20 mins for our starter to come out and a further 15mins after finishing our starter for our main to be served.

Staff were lovely and friendly but i think this place is over priced for what you get.

Maura M, Director of Sales at Bobby Byrnes Bar, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for coming to Bobby Byrnes and for taking the time to review the bar. We appreciate all feedback and were disappointed to hear you were not overly happy with your visit, in particular the slow service. We pride ourselves on our levels of Customer Service and as can been seen from other reviews we are always praised on the level of service that people receive, so I do apologise that you were kept waiting for your food.

We do hope you will come back and give us another try, thank you for your review.
“Visit is a must!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for Sunday lunch last week. Great atmosphere and friendly staff!! We had the scampi - really fresh and tasty...one of the nicest scampi dishes I've had! Would definitely recommend here!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to review Bobby Byrnes Bar. Sunday Lunch always brings a great buzz around the bar with lots of families, locals and visitors trying our extensive Sunday Carvery. Thank you for your lovely comments with regards to the service and food, I will certainly pass them onto everyone here.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.