“Lovely food” 4 of 5 stars

Dublin, Ireland
10 attraction reviews
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

2 adults and 2 kids ate here for lunch last week. We sat in the bar which was lovely. The menu was varied and offered the usual kid's food or a choice of a half sized adult's portion, which is always appreciated. Our waiter was a little slow and got part of the order wrong - however he sorted it out and didn't charge for the extra portion of food which he left with us. All in all it was a very pleasant meal and was good value for money.

Visited March 2015

newport
6 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2015

What a wonderful place. My family and I had dinner at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The atmosphere, staff and food were excellent and I would definitely recommend going there.

The hotel in itself was beautiful and as we walked in we were greeted by a lovely atmosphere. The hotel was very busy with weddings and other diners but not too busy that it was a problem.

We were greeted by friendly staff in the restaurant and taken to a beautifully laid out table. The chairs were comfortable and there was plenty of room between tables.
Our waitress was friendly and talkative and happy to help us with anything we needed,

I ordered a T-bone steak and it literally covered half of my plate, it was so much i gave some to my sibling who has a big appetite. The food was tasty and everyone I was with really enjoyed there meals.
The portions were huge so we could only fit in two courses, much to our dismay as the desserts sounded beautiful.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be going back next time I visit Ireland

One thing I should point out is the parking... There is not a lot and we did have to really search for a space as the car park is only small, I'm not from Ireland but I'm told there is parking nearby...

Visited December 2014
“Decent grub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2014

Went for evening lunch today with family , the soup for a start was homemade and quite nice, mushrooms were decent and well presented the same for the chicken liver patte, for mains we had 2 steaks which were over done in both of our opinion but the meet was a nice cut pity it want cooked as requested. The cod was fair and better than most bar food. The service was a small bit of a let down, we had received our food before our drinks and waited 15 minutes after receiving desert menus before we had to ask for our order to be taken. Over all and average meal but would consider coming back.

Belfast, Ireland
33 attraction reviews
“Beautiful, but too dimly lit in the front bar.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

Very attentive waiting crew. They still use antiquated paper receipting systems. We had high tea for only €4 each, which was for nought! Beautiful function room behind the front bar. Parking is almost non-existent unless you're lucky enough to nab a space in the small (night time) pay and display taxi rank. If in Kilkenny, it's worth a visit.

Seattle, Washington
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing food for a hotel restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

When we went to Langton's, the pub was full so we were escorted further inside to the hotel restaurant, Langton Room, which offers the same menu. The pasta of the day was excellent and delicious. The Irish stew was superior to the usual pub grub. The service was attentive in spite of the packed seating, and our food arrived more than promptly. Highly recommend for high quality, reasonably priced, and therefore excellent value food.

Visited September 2014