“Wouldn't recommend” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 66 things to do in Kilkenny
Bordeaux
“Wouldn't recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My dad had the lamb with veg which was stone cold, my mum enjoyed her ham and cabbage pie, I had soup and a chicken sandwhich, it was profoundly average, I wouldn't recommend this place. We ate upstairs and there was nearly no natural light and the decor wasn't great.

Visited February 2013

Ireland
“Satisfied”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Only had drinks and coffees here but returned a few times. Had coffees and they were very good and reasonably priced. The bar offers a very wide selection of teas and coffees. As the weather was dry was able to sit outside and the bar provides outdoor heaters which was great. The service was fine, I would say typical of bar service in most places. I was very happy with my experience here.

Visited October 2012
Finland
8 attraction reviews
“Decent place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I visited Kilkenny with my family in October 2012. We dined in the Marble City Bar. We chose this place because they had a sign outside saying that they've won "Best gastro pub in Kilkenny" award or something. It was a Sunday and the place was quite busy, we had to wait for a table for a few minutes.

I had a burger, which was average. My family members had fish and lamb shank. I had a taste of the lamb shank and have to say, it was superb. No complaints about service.

Visited October 2012
Limerick, Ireland
69 attraction reviews
“Happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Had lunch here outside on the street terrace, good staff and good lunch food/tea at reasonable prices..

Visited September 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
27 attraction reviews
“Very good pub choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stumbled upon this pub while trying to find a place to eat that hadn't ceased serving food for the evening yet. (Irish restaurants and pubs tend to stop serving at 9, 9:30 or 10.) I had a traditional meat pie meal. It was very good. Service was superior, as well as ambience.

Visited August 2012