“What a Gem” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tasmania, Australia
“What a Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel was a lovely surprise. We arrived late, but on-site parking was easy and the hotel was simply delightful at a most reasonable price including breakfast. The hotel amenities were good. The all important beds were comfortable and they provided an excellent night's sleep. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and spacious. Being from Australia I indicated that I wished I had known about Aspect hotels before visiting Ireland as I would have definitely booked more. Unfortunately Kilkenny is not one of a chain, which is a great pity. Let's have more of these great value hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback it is very much valued and appreciated. Delighted you enjoyed your time spent with us. loved to hear that you would like to have more of our Hotel products around the country, thanks for your vote of confidence in us.
Clement Gleeson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Dunshaughlin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed two nights and found the staff very courteous.We really enjoyed our stay-in Kilkenny and found our 3 star hotel very good value for what we paid.Dinner was good value for money,the Breakfast could have included more healthy foods for people who enjoy fruit and healthy breakfasts as opposed to a Full Irish one. Overall does exactly as it says on the tin with some minor tweaks to improve the overall stay,

Room Tip: Rooms at west of hotel are quieter,it is a long walk into town,but taxis are readily available.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your very positive review of Aspect Hotel Kilkenny. I am sorry if you did not find our healthier breakfast items on the buffet as we do offer far more than just the Full Irish Breakfast. We offer selection of fresh fruits, organic youghurt, porridge, cheese selection, grapefruit segments, prunes, manderin segments. I am glad that you did find the food quality to be very good and that you enjoyed the service and value that we offer to all of our guests as standard.
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night on business booked through Expedia. Special request wa heeded for quiet room at end of corridor, check in flawless and courteous. Breakfast included tasty and service first rate all for less than €50!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking time to offer us your feedback, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do let your friends and family know about us as we would love to be able to welcome them and their valued business.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I was on business so location was perfect as the companies I was visiting were on my doorstep. The hotel is out a bit but just around the corner from another hotel which charges 20 euro more a night. So my room was lovely. Had bath and then went to bar for bite to eat and a few buds! The young girl that was working was lovely... a foreigner.... so really friendly..bot not too much. She was holding the show on her own. I had no change to tip her which is appaling I know. She looked a bit familiar! Thought I knew her. I had chicken salad which sounds wicked but was really tasty. It's an appetizer but it did me grand. It's huge. So Sean in reception was really helpful digging out a charger for me. I paid 46 b& b and because I booked through their own site I got a free bud! How bad. The breakfast was excellent. All the normal stuff and a bit more that you wouldn't expect. .... fresh scones, small pastries and above all top of the range yogurts from Clonakilty. So guys. Yer not in town but if yer in a group it's worth checking out cause a taxi wouldn't break the bank. Oh yes. .. The girl serving in the restaurant. I didn't know her but she's the image of Jennifer Anniston!

• Stayed June 2013
Thanks for your very positive feedback in relation to your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found Team to be excellent, food tasty and value very good. Thank you for your business as we as a Team at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny value your business.
irl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights b and b - clean accommodation, friendly staff and comfortable sleep. Breakfast was very tasty and there was a good range from cereals to a fry. Less than €10 for taxi journey which is reasonable. Thanks to all the staff for our pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your recent feedback it is very much appreciated. I am glad that you noticed the overall level of service and cleaniness that we offer, these along with excellent value are the key to our sucess in keeping the hotel very busy. Looking forward to welcoming you or your friends back to the Hotel in the near future.
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for three nights, it was a really enjoyable experience from start to finish we were greeted with a warm genuine welcome by staff who obvioustly enjoyed their work and didn't see it as an endurance for them. Nothing was too much trouble to any staff member we met during our stay their mantra is "no bother at all"
The rooms are bright and airy, very comfortable beds, housekeeping standards are excellent! we appreciated the fact that nobody disturbed us early to access our room for servicing ( a usual experience nowadays in Irish hotels). The open plan restaurant and bar areas are welcoming and very well maintained, breakfast is self service buffet style with excellent choices available, waiting staff are on standby to help with service if needed.
The hotel and its location are excellent, but its real success is in its staff.....they are magnificent hard working people who understand the meaning of customer service with a smile, the manager leads his team by example he is a very busy, visible, smiling example of what hotel management should be about.The hotel offers fantastic value for money, both for business and pleasure, its location is ideal as its not a city centre hotel but is very accessible to Kilkenny which is just a few minutes away by car.
Finally, I would rate this hotel as a 3 Star plus, (the plus is for the high calibre of service and staff/management).Would we stay again? we hope to return again soon to see our new friends particularly Helen at reception, Joe, and everyone else who made our stay so fantastic. Thanks Guys

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your excellent review of Aspect Hotel Kilkenny. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you plan to return, most of our guests are repeat guests. We do offer genuine hospitality and this makes us very different from many of the other Hotels. We have a very small Team employed but each one making sure that the customer is number ONE each day. We value each guest for their business and we know that it is so important to wow each guests as when you think of Kilkenny you immediately think of Aspect Hotel Kilkenny and your memorable stay. Please do continue to spread the good news as we love to remain busy with our business growing by 14% year on year, this we put down to the dedicated Team making sure that they Greet our Customers as Friends and Treat them like Kings.
Leinster, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a better than average commercial type hotel. When I say commercial I mean that it is probably most suited to commercial travelers but I hasten to add anyone can use it really. It was good value for money about €40 for bed and breakfast per night.

The rooms were clean and had everything that you required. The food was good with a buffet breakfast which included a fry.

The staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful and went above and beyond the call of duty!

The only 'negative' thing I could say is that it is beside a retail park which is not really a fault, so don't expect a breath taking view! The flip side of the location is that it is nice and quiet at night.

It is roughly 2 kms from the city centre so if you intend to go out in the city you will have to take a taxi back. If you ask at the desk the staff will provide you with numbers and there is a discount for hotel residents.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A bit of a treck from the city centre but you can get taxi numbers at reception.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We found out this morning the we have been awarded a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, placing us within the top 10% of business on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our food, clean accommodation and a good quality of sleep. I know we are located only 2Km for the city centre but this allows you a good nights sleep when you decide to go to sleep as you are not disturbed by the street noise form the late bars and clubs, and with our discounted taxis it is a very good investment. I will pass on you comments about the Team as we do have an excellent Team who really wants to make each guests stay memorable for the right reasons.
Please continue to spread the positive news as we love to remain busy.
Clement Gleeson

Been to Aspect Hotel Kilkenny? Share your experiences!