“Good Value and Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Aspect Hotel Kilkenny
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Smithsland South | Springhill, Kilkenny, Ireland   |
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Leinster, Ireland
“Good Value and Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a better than average commercial type hotel. When I say commercial I mean that it is probably most suited to commercial travelers but I hasten to add anyone can use it really. It was good value for money about €40 for bed and breakfast per night.

The rooms were clean and had everything that you required. The food was good with a buffet breakfast which included a fry.

The staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful and went above and beyond the call of duty!

The only 'negative' thing I could say is that it is beside a retail park which is not really a fault, so don't expect a breath taking view! The flip side of the location is that it is nice and quiet at night.

It is roughly 2 kms from the city centre so if you intend to go out in the city you will have to take a taxi back. If you ask at the desk the staff will provide you with numbers and there is a discount for hotel residents.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A bit of a treck from the city centre but you can get taxi numbers at reception.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We found out this morning the we have been awarded a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, placing us within the top 10% of business on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our food, clean accommodation and a good quality of sleep. I know we are located only 2Km for the city centre but this allows you a good nights sleep when you decide to go to sleep as you are not disturbed by the street noise form the late bars and clubs, and with our discounted taxis it is a very good investment. I will pass on you comments about the Team as we do have an excellent Team who really wants to make each guests stay memorable for the right reasons.
Please continue to spread the positive news as we love to remain busy.
Clement Gleeson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel and the location is great. Kilkenny is a great place for a break away. Service was friendly and rooms were spacious, warm and clean. Good size bathroom and plenty of hot water. Price is very reasonable. Would stay here again

• Stayed April 2013
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your very positive feed back it is much appreciated. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. Please continue to spread to positive news for Aspect Hotel Kilkenny as we love to remain busy and to be able to continue to offer excellent value to all of our guests.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed there for one night this last Sunday. I chose this hotel based on the overall reviews on TA, and location. I have just arrived to Dublin, starting my driving adventure in Kilkenny.

I have a GPS so it was quite easy for me to find (I drove from Glendalough, between Dublin and Kilkenny). It's about another 10 minutes drive to the main part of town, for sightseeing and dining. If you're driving, there is free parking in front of the hotel. I have always utilized public transportation on trips, and I would say that this hotel wouldn't be as convenient in terms of location to the main part of town.

Upon check-in, they told me that my reservation was canceled (I had previously booked and cancelled, but did re-book 2nd time). It wasn't a problem since I have my confirmation, and I was given a clean room when everything was sorted out. I check-in around 12 noon, and there's availability, my guess is because may isn't too crowded yet.

My room was 201, on the 2nd floor on the corner. The room was clean, spacious, with a round table and a desk for use. No refrigerator. There were things for you to make coffee which I didn't use. Outlets is by the desk area. The bathroom was clean, with two sets of towels, and basic amenities. It also has a bathtub, with a nice shower head. No problem with the hot water. I took a nap after check-in (just got off my flight!) but couldn't sleep because a staff was downstairs sorting out recycling cans and bottles. He was just tossing them in, and my room overlooks it. I guess the window weren't thick enough to block out the noise. Otherwise, at night, I have no trouble sleeping.

Starting at 7am was the free breakfast buffet, and overall it was quite good.

I would stay there again, for one or two nights, and if I have a car. The price was quite affordable and it was overall a comfortable one night stay.

Room Tip: I had room 201, and other than the problem stated in my review about the noise from the recycling bo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice review. I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the Hotel to be reasonable in price, clean and the Team very friendly. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you with an early checkin, unfortunately during your early checkin I now know your sleep became disturbed. We do sort our bottle out generally between 12pm and 2.30pm as check out time is 12pm and check in is generally 2.30pm. We schedule it for this time so that we do not disturb our customers. Unfortunately had you simply dialed Reception we would have delayed this task till later, we were not aware that you had got to have a nap upon checkin. Please accept our appologies for your sleep disturbance.
Please do spred the positive news for us at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny as we love to keep very busy.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was a last minute decision to just get away for an evening and visit Kilkenny the hotel is a little outside of town and no food is served here besides breakfast. The reception was a great help and the room was really impressive for such a good price if you are not after a hotel with all the trimmings and are prepared to travel to town then this is a great stay great for carparking and great friendly staff breakfast was good to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am unsure where you got the idea from that we only serve breakfast in the Hotel, as we have a very good reputation locally for the food in the Hotel. We serve dinner 7 nights of the week in Ruebens Restaurant.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nice, clean hotel, lovely breakfast, nice staff and good value for money. We are a young couple who stayed here for one night whilst visiting family. It was in a good location, 5 mins drive from the town centre and €8 in a taxi. The town itself was lovely, picturesque and had a wide range of shops, cafe's and pubs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to offer us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a nice stay. Please do tell your friends and family as we would love to be able to welcome them in the near future.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very basic hotel, but great value for money. It's hidden away on the premises of a small retail park. It states the Hotel is only 2km from local attractions and Kilkenny city, slight exaggeration, you would need your own transport or taxi for travelling. It's great value if you are staying with your children as under 12s stay free. The staff are very welcoming and friendly, the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The breakfast Buffett was warm, delicious and inviting. We stayed for two nights and couldn't fault the place. I won't return on the fact that local amenities are just too far away, other than that our stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent positive feed back. I am delighted to hear that you could not fault the Hotel, we do like to offer this level of sentiment to all of our guests. Thanking you for your business, it is appreciated by the Team at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights for my sons wedding while in Ireland and I have no fault with the place the room was very nice clean and the staff were lovely i would recommend the place to anyone u might think u have to pay a lot to get good service but this place proves otherwise

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your very kind feedback it is very much appreciated. Please continue to spread the positive news for us here at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny as we love to remain busy and to be able to offer you excellent value each time. When you stay with us, we value your business and love to see our guests return.
Clement Gleeson

Been to Aspect Hotel Kilkenny? Share your experiences!