“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
o
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Was looking forward to staying here as had heard so much about it! Fab time would definitely return Thai food gorgeous! Lovely quiet location and the scenery is really pretty outside a little on the pricy side but well worth it! Lovely staff on check in!

• Stayed October 2013
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Liv52,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay with us here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

Our team were delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout.The team were thrilled to hear all your kind words and for this I would like to extend to you my personal thanks.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future for another relaxing stay.

Iain Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are excellent as is the food and bar areas... Only thing lets it down is if you want to wander around the town it's not within walking distance.. In saying that there is nice walks around the grounds... Will return...

• Stayed July 2013
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Letitgo3,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time out to share your experiences with us. On behalf of all my staff and I, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments about our grounds and walkways to our Ground-keeping team, they work tirelessly all year to ensure that the Lyrath Estate walks are in immaculate condition for all our guests, young and old alike, to enjoy.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have just returned from a two night stay at the Lyrath. I splashed out on this "5 star" for my boyfriend's birthday and unfortunately we didn't get what we paid for. On arrival we had lunch in the outdoor patio area and it was quite pricey for what we got. The food, a goats cheese crostini and chicken Caesar wrap, were very bland. It put us off eating there for lunch/dinner for the remainder of the weekend. The room was fine and had nice views of the gardens. We were looking forward to using the thermal suite and spa and decided to leave treatments until our second day. However upon arrival at the spa were asked to pay in to the thermal suite €15 each which I could not believe after paying so much for the room! And I use the term "thermal suite" lightly one of the steam rooms and saunas were not working and so we were left with the open air hot tub, tropical shower and one other sauna & steam room to use. Definitely will not be recommending the Lyrath.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear BCiaraB,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Please could you share your contact details with me, gm@lyrath.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Wishes

ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have just returned home, from what was a fantastic break in Lyrath,shared with 9 friends.From the moment of our arrival until departure this was indeed a 5 star experience.A fantastic hotel in a stunning location,close to one of Irelands hidden gems (Kilkenny City)the biggest plus were the wonderful staff,reception,bar,dining room.in fact any member of staff we engaged with were professional,efficient and most of all, so so welcoming and warm.Other 5 star venues should follow suit.Just the sort of hospitality that made Ireland such a popular destination in the early days, when that was all we had to offer!No spas,no pools just our natural friendliness.I could not rate The Lyrath too highly and look forward to a return visit very soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Irishtouristontour,

I cannot describe to you what a pleasure it was to read your kind review following your recent stay with us here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel. Let me thank you sincerely for sharing your wonderful experiences with us.

I will be sure to pass on your regards and kind comments to all the staff here. I have always said that despite the fantastic facilities available here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel. The staff still proves to be the biggest asset that the hotel has. Their dedication and hard work are unrivalled and they really are a major contributor to the success of the hotel. They take great pride in their work and try their level best to ensure that every guest enjoys their time away.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I recently had a mid-week break here with my wife as a sort of mini honeymoon. From the beginning I had a good feeling about the venue. When I rang to book a meal I was delighted to speak with the receptionist who was extremely friendly and professional and guessed it was a special occasion.

On our arrival, we found a complimentary bottle of preseco in our room as well as a hand written note from the concierge, Luke Smith, offering both his and the hotels congratulations. Later that evening we rang down to order the treat pack and was told it had been discontinued. Instead of leaving it at that the concierge brought us complimentary freshly made popcorn and truffles. Truely an excellent service from a friendly and dedicated member of staff.

At dinner both evenings we were congratulated by the waiting staff at various times throughout the meals. This personal touch really makes a stay important.

Lyrath house is an excellent hotel that flies the flag high for Irish tourism. We most definitely will be back.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Irishtouristontour,

I cannot describe to you what a pleasure it was to read your review following your recent stay. Let me thank you sincerely for sharing your wonderful experiences with us here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

I will be sure to pass on your regards and kind comments to all the staff here. I have always said that despite the fantastic facilities available here at the hotel, the staff still proves to be the biggest asset that the hotel has. Their dedication and hard work are unrivalled and they really are a major contributor to the success of the hotel. They take great pride in their work and try their level best to ensure that every guest enjoys their time away.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Lyrath. A top class location and a very relaxed atmosphere from the moment we entered. The rooms were what you would expect from an establishment of this standard. Food was quite good, although service was erratic (due to the fact that the computer system for ordering/tills had crashed - totally understandable!!) We both had steak and desserts were a real treat - oreo cheesecake with candied popcorn was a highlight. Breakfast was a let down however. The cooked meats had been re-heated so many times they were tasteless. the cold selection was top class however. The Oasis Spa was the best spent €150 ever. Worth every penny, especially the outdoor hydrotherapy pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lifts. Long walk to others
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Naomhcolm,

Thank you for your fantastic review and for taking the time out to share your experiences with us. On behalf of all my staff and I, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

The team and I were delighted to read your lovely comments about the service and facilities here at the Hotel along with your words of praise which are very kind indeed. I have a soft spot for the Oreo Cheesecake myself ;)

I am also thrilled to read that you enjoyed our Oasis Spa. It truly is a haven of relaxation and the hydro therapy pool is an ideal location to gaze out upon some of the beautiful gardens.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future for another relaxing stay.

Wexford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Our second stay here proved to be a much more enjoyable experience than the first. This time we were upgraded to a luxury suite. The room was huge. Breakfast buffet was very good, plenty to choose from - we highly recommend the pancakes and syrup. We will definitely return again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Janine231,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your second stay with us here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel.
The team and I are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and the upgrade to the Suite.
We are truly honoured that you returned to us for the second time and we are looking forward to your next visit already. If I can be of any further assistance for your next stay please don't hesitate to contact me personally.

Iain Gray

Been to Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!