“Super service. ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Super service. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of filming a wedding at this hotel. All I can say is the service was super. From the moment I arrived (a non-paying guest) I was treated exceptionally. Alan, the reception manager could not have done anymore to help me with any technical queries I had and also took care of my dining needs. I was sat outside the reception room for my dinner and the staff were great. I was treated like one of the wedding guests, something that does not happen in many hotels.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear review1234567,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind feedback with us following your recent stay here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

All the team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, grounds and interior to be be top class throughout; especially our comfortable beds.

Iain Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This hotel surpassed what We had expected of it, it catered so well for our two girls , from various activities kids club swimming and cycling to food options in hotel,which were excellent. We will be back.

Room Tip: Need extra room request one of various suites. But the standard room s are very spacious.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Anna-Maria3112,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay with us here.

Our team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the kids club activities,food and service to be top class throughout.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future for more swimming and cycling.

dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My Sister had her wedding here on Friday the 25th of April, 2014. Lyrath is a stunning, authentic and classy venue, housing a beautiful mix of old-world and modern interior design.
What really made it such a great venue for a wedding was the personable and genuine service levels. Nothing was too much, whether it was accomodating a sing-song in the bar til all hours both nights or posting on my forgotten toilet bag to the UK. I give Lyrath the highest recommendation if you are considering a top-class wedding venue.

Room Tip: All the rooms were beautiful and modern.
Dear lederriere,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your sisters recent wedding here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

Our team are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities and food to be top class throughout. It is most pleasing to hear your kind words on our level of service. Our conference managers have both asked to pass on their personal thanks to you on your kind feedback.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future for another sing-song in our Residents Bar.

Ratoath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is a really lovely hotel in beautiful grounds with a most helpful and friendly staff. So sad that it is in receivership. I would highly recommend the Lyrath for a stay. The breakfast and dinners were excellent and I heard the Spa area was excellent. There were rabbits playing on the lawn when we looked out the window!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear SallyRatoath,

Our team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be top class throughout. Our baby rabbits add that little extra touch and are a joy to have on our extensive grounds..

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future. Perhaps next time our swans might have returned to our private lake :)

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Lyrath is excellent value for money. The rooms and bathrooms are great, the kids club was excellent with very warm staff, the breakfast is very good. Whatever sound proofing they used is amazing as I have never experienced such quiet especially at a time when the hotel was packed with kids - we heard no noise from the corridors, other rooms, doors banging - nothing. The service was good everywhere though not particularly 5 star. All in all this hotel is extremely good value for money and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Tara H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review after your stay with us here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel.

All the team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities and Kids Club excellent. Our aim as a team is to ensure every guest enjoys their stay and it is fantastic to hear such positive feedback.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

My friends treated me to a night at the Lyrath for my 40th birthday. The moment we arrived we were amazed by the friendly staff & warm welcome we received. We were pampered with a spa treatment & relaxed in the hydro therapy pool. We had drinks in the bar before our evening meal which should be Mitchelen star rated. Every course was superb. The waiting staff were so attentive to our every need. There was music in the cocktail bar. A singer on his guitar. Great connection with crowd & had us all singing. We had a fabulous breakfast the following morning, huge selection to chose from. I cannot wait to return & hopefully stay longer next time

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Annet93,

Our team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities and service to be top class throughout. Everyone deserves a bit of luxurious spa pampering for their birthday celebrations.

The restaurant team and our chefs were thrilled to hear your kind comments on your dinner service. Our head chef Ger has personally asked to pass on his thanks. As regards our entertainment it is fantastic to hear you enjoyed our singer.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future for another pampering stay.

Cahir, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I attended a conference at this hotel at Easter time. The conference hall was huge!! Everyone was seated comfortably and many had tables to sit at. The management of the conference was facilitated by the space. The bedrooms were so comfortable. The bar area was also an enjoyable and relaxing place to be. The staff worked so hard to make everyone feel welcome. Breakfast was lovely, one of the best I've had in a hotel. I would love to go back on a weekend away. I thought it would be very expensive but the rates were competitive.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Brendan_Horan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel & Convention Centre.

All the team are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the Convention Centre, facilities, food(in particular our breakfast) and service to be fantastic throughout.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.( next time on leisure ;) )

Iain Gray

Been to Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!