“Just beautiful all round” 5 of 5 stars

You added Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre to your Saves list
Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dublin Road, Kilkenny, Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 19 hotels in Kilkenny
“Just beautiful all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I recently stayed in the Lyrath with my family to celebrate my brothers birthday. I must say, it was a plesure as all of the staff were very friendly and the service was outstanding! At the door we were greeted by a lovely man named Tom. He took our bags and walked with us to the front desk to check in. He then brought us to our rooms. The room was gorgeous with a view looking over the grounds of the hotel. That night we dined in Yandiees Thai restaurant. The staff there could not have done more for us. The food was so fresh and top quality. The next morning we had breakfast and again it was perfect. We will be returning to the Lyrath no doubt. It is defiantly money well spent!!

• Stayed September 2013
Iain G, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Aife90Travers

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following your recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. The team are always pleased to be recognised for excellent service and have asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind comments.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate again in the near future.

1,258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Pretty old house is core of the property then it's like a designer went a little crazy in the place: Roman statues next to a New Orleans style brick wall with jazz musician prints leading into a Classic Irish Pub area which is the best part of the place but quite small 3 chairs the bar). Nice back porch looking onto lawn. I went on a convention/ meeting.
Food was good. Room was very nice. It was fine for a convention but I'd not stay here on vacation on my own dime. A bit removed and honestly....a bit boring.

Dear Travelmaster6456

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, following a recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel Kilkenny.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your stay were not entirely to your satisfaction and I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing your feedback in more detail.

Tipperary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

While we stayed for just one night recently, I would like to compliment everybody at Lyrath.
On arrival, we were upgraded to a ground floor room with terrace which was top class.
In the afternoon sunshine we sat outdoors and enjoyed our champagne and strawberries,
while watching the birds at the lakeside. Next day, my partner had a Spa treatment at the Oasis Spa, shoulder, neck and back massage and she says it was the best ever. Having a treatment
entitled one to complementary use of the Thermal Suite and Hydrotherapy Pool.
We did'nt eat at Lyrath this time but we are looking forward to the le Perla Restaurant next time.
Staff were great, facilities excellent and relaxation most enjoyed.

Room Tip: Room with terrace is great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ribno

san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

on our way south. The hotel was tantamout to a typical chain property, that isn't bad, just nothing to rave about. We used it for a stopover so was fine, rooms were somewhat modern, baths were fine and staff competent. The hotel is set on manicured grounds outside of Kilkenny, trip into town is not far but we opted to just stay and eat in their Thai restaurant which actually turned out to be quite good (green curry chicken excellent). Lobby area is an odd design, used to be an old building which they converted but conversion sort of got out of hand. Beds were not particulary comfortable but found this to be the case in most hotels in Ireland. Public area and room were clean as was exterior area. Breakfast in a large dining room, buffet style, was nothing outstanding compared to most breakfasts we experienced.

Room Tip: many rooms offer a view over the grounds, ask for one. some had balconies.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kokosandiego

Enniskerry
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I booked this hotel for one night to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. I mentioned when booking that it was our anniversary however there was no acknowledgement of it when checking in or during our stay which was disappointing. When we got to our room, which was beautiful, there was a tray outside the door full of dirty plates, glasses, cutlery from what I presume was the previous guests breakfast!! It was there the entire day so I ended up moving it myself.
Service in La Pearla restaurant was disappointing, however the food was very good. Little things like not being offered any bread with dinner, an issue with my husbands dessert and having to wait 10 minutes to get someone's attention to ask for the bill is not what you would expect in a 5 star hotel. There are nice walks around the estate and it's very close to Kilkenny city if you want to venture in but having chosen this hotel to celebrate our anniversary we were disappointed and we won't be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Susan H

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The lyrath hotel is absolutely gorgeous. We had such a relaxing break away. The service is outstanding. The food in Yindees restaurant is top quality.
I couldn't recommend this hotel more. Will defiantly be going back.

Dear Clo2802

Carlow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here recently with my family, and the moment you walk in you are greeted by very friendly staff who show real interest in you and make you feel welcome.
All the hotel facilities were explained to us, and we were shown to our room by Tom the door man who was very helpful.
The room was fabulous with a lovely view over the gardens. We had dinner in Yindiees Thai restaurant and the food was just the best I ever had.
The crisp bed linen and feather pillows made for a peaceful nights sleep. The next morning we were greeted in the restaurant by Terry who brought us to our table and told us all about the breakfest which I must say was lovely and it had everything you could think of to eat. I would have loved to have stayed longer, the next time, I will.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the old garden.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear David T

Iain Gray

Been to Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!