I was celebrating my 30th birthday and my partner wanted to do something a little special.
We had stayed in other 5 stars in Ireland before, and having seen the Lyrath hotel on the television thought we would investigate what they had to offer.
I read trip advisor weeks before deciding to stay at Lyrath. There were mixed reviews and as such was a little cautious when planning on staying there. So I did what most people probably wouldn't do in this situation - I rang the hotel to find out more about them and to see if they could make my visit a special one -given the reviews I had read about them on TA.
I spoke with the GM there, Patrick Joyce. Having spoken with Patrick on the phone prior to my booking, and really feeling he was there to make my stay a special one, I decided to go ahead and book my 30th there.
On arrival after driving up the amazing private entrance I was greeted by Tom, the super nice gentleman on the door - and this I new was something I would remember. A jolly smile and a warm greeting - that I felt was really genuine.
Myself and my partner are vegetarians and this can sometimes limit us with choices when it comes to eating out - I had mentioned to Patrick on booking that we were both veggies and he assured me we would have a great choice of meals. He wasn't wrong - we actually had two dinner MENUS created for us - with our names on them specifically! Wow did we feel special! And that's not taking the lime light away from the birthday cake and singing that I received after the meal! All this because I took the time to find out more about them – they took it upon themselves to go above and beyond in providing me a birthday I wouldn’t forget.
A few people may have expressed problems here on Trip Advisor whilst staying here or anywhere else - but if you don’t tell the hotel when you are there they can't help to make your stay better! I for one won’t take all negative comments on face value. The good comments outweighed the bad - but it is the bad ones that seem to stick. Contact the hotel and have a chat with them if you are concerned - I am glad I did.
This stay will be one of many for me for years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amid 170 acres of mature parkland, 1.2km from Kilkenny City, Lyrath Estate fuses stunning contemporary hotel design with the elegance of the original 17th century Lyrath House. Featuring 137 spaciously appointed air-conditioned bedrooms, numerous bars and restaurants, the Oasis Spa and Oasis Health Club, with floor-to-ceiling glass windows which border its 17 meter infinity edge pool. Whilst the "Kilkenny Convention Centre" at Lyrath Estate offers purpose-built state-of-the-art facilities for up to 1,500 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre