“lovely hotel, but a few problems” 3 of 5 stars

You added Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre to your Saves list
Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Old Dublin Road, Kilkenny, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
“lovely hotel, but a few problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here late in the year and the heating was broken so it was freezing! Reagardless of that it was a lovely hotel, and I enjoyed my stay (sort of).
*nice, clean rooms
*modern decor
*quite family friendly :(small private cinema)
*good food

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
LyrathEstate, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Rate or Slate

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Lyrath Estate Hotel and convention centre.

I am really pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your break with us, and found the standards of cleanliness, decor and cuisine to be of a very high standard. I was however disappointed to learn of the difficulties you experienced with the heating within your room, I will personally ensure that our maintenance team are aware of your feedback and will endeavour to double check all are fully functional. I note your stay was in November and would appreciate it if you might contact me directly in order that I identify the room you occupied.

I have shared your very kind comments regarding the food, service and cleanliness of the hotel to all of my team members who were really pleased to hear such fantastic feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for what we can assure you will be another thoroughly enjoyable stay and clearly one where the room is more comfortable in terms of temperature.

Iain Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I are returning guests to Lyrath. We checked in on Thursday 31st January for a 3 night break. When we arrived, the hotel was very quiet and check-in was quick and efficient. We checked into our room, which funnily enough was the same room we had previously stayed in. This was perfect as the deluxe balcony rooms are simply elegant, spacious and luxurious. The bathroom is functional and beautiful with separate shower, bath and toilet.

The hotel was peaceful and quiet on Thursday night which was lovely. We dined in Yindees and enjoyed a delicious meal. We did not go for a starter as we remembered that the portion size is quite generous. I had a stir fry that was absolutely delicious! I was also eyeing my husband’s curry which was also tasty. Dinner was followed by drinks by the fireplace and a game of snooker in the snooker room.
On Friday, we took full advantage of what the hotel has to offer by going for a walk on the property, a quick dip in the pool and then lazed for a few hours in the Oasis Spa. This is the epitome of relaxation! That night, we dined in La Perla, which is a lovely restaurant. There were a few teething problems with service but nothing to lose patience over to be honest.
The hotel started to get a little busier on Saturday, as you would expect. We noticed that a wedding party had arrived. Although it apparently was a big wedding, we did not feel their presence as the wedding reception area is separate to the main building.
Each morning we were looking forward to breakfast. Breakfast is taken in La Perla restaurant and is a self service. In saying that, I absolutely cannot fault it. The selection is quite impressive and the food was delicious. I was being careful on what I was eating (=diet, in simple words) over the week end and I have to say, I was able to enjoy food and did not feel like I was missing out.

Overall, it was a great and relaxing week end. Lyrath is a big hotel but it still has personality and warmth. The only thing is that we had a little problem, due to other inconsiderate guests who thought that knocking on doors at 5am would be a good idea and although this is obviously not the hotel’s fault, they dealt with it in a great manner. Our complaint was listened to and addressed in a satisfying way.

Would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely and without any hesitation. We are already looking forward to returning to Lyrath.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mongola

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Lyrath Estate Hotel and convention centre.

I am really delighted that you enjoyed your recent break with us and had the opportunity to experience all of the facilities whilst you were with us. It is also great to hear that you are returning guests and have enjoyed the Lyrath experience in the past.

I have passed on your very kind comments regarding the food, service and ambience of the hotel to all of my team members who were really pleased to hear such fantastic feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for what we can assure you will be another thoroughly enjoyable stay.

I am Glad that you were able to take advantage of one of our special offers which we run very frequently during the quieter periods of the year.

cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed from 3rd-5th February-a Sunday to Tuesday. Hotel was pleasantly busy for 'midweek' providing a nice atmosphere without feeling overly crowded. Ate in both restaurants each of the nights and both were equally good, breakfast was excellent with a wide range on offer especially the fruits/nuts range. There was an excellent singer/guitarist playing on the Sunday night which was a lovely surprise! Pool was nice but small, we didn't use the spa - didn't want any treatments and as it is €30pp for use of the thermal suite needless to say we didn't use it!! We had a lovely room - superior as this was included in our deal. Cant complain about anything - we had a lovely stay that was excellent value for money but comparing to other 4/5star hotels we've stayed in I would probably only return if we got another good offer/deal!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear cc_Cork

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Lyrath Estate Hotel and convention centre.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your break with us and had the opportunity to experience most of the facilities whilst you were with us, and found all of these to be of a very high standard. I have passed on your comments to Louise our Spa manager regarding the tariff for the thermal suite and we aim to review the pricing for this service within the next month.

Newcastle West, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel on Sunday the 3rd Feb 2013. This is our second time at this hotel. The staff were friendly and welcomed us. We has a nice meal in the bar and there was a one man band in the bar to entertain us that evening.

We had a pleasant relaxed stay and would return again.

• Stayed February 2013
LyrathEstate, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Sescommunications

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel, and many thanks for leaving a review on Trip Advisor following your stay.

It is pleasing to learn that you have visited us at Lyrath in the past. Our key asset is of course our team and it is very rewarding when they are recognised for the great service they provide to all of our valued Guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate Hotel for another very enjoyable stay.

Cork, Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Myself and few friends headed off to Lyrath for girlie/catch up weekend. and we weren't disappointed. With 2 restaurants and 2 bars - there was plenty of choice. I was expecting a typical country house but in fact this place is very chic & modern on the inside. Saturday we all had treatments in the spa - all got top marks. The thermal suite is def worth a visit!

Saturday night we had dinner in La Perla which is quite large & spacious so a table of 9 didn't feel squashed in. There was live music in the bar upstairs which gave nice atmosphere for the night.

It's a sure sign a place is doing something very well when the spa was fully booked on a Saturday for treatments (there was at minimum 9 therapists on) and Sunday morning there was a queue for breakfast (even though the restaurant is quite large) but not a big delay. I am definitely looking forward to another trip to the Lyrath :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lorro66

I am really pleased that you and the girls enjoyed your recent trip to the Lyrath Estate hotel, and thank you for the time you have taken to share your feedback with us.

One of the key assets is that we provide the best of both worlds at Lyrath, with our charming and beautiful original house, combined with the fantastic and well appointed addition of the modern and stylish facilities you enjoyed whilst staying with us.

The views from the thermal suite are quite spectacular looking out over our extensive grounds and beyond. Louise our spa Manager has asked me to pass on her thanks for the kind comments you have made in relation to your spa experience, the team were really delighted to know that you all enjoyed your treatments.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful weekend in Kilkenny. We stayed for two nights at the Lyrath and really enjoyed it. Our superior room was fantastic, there were plenty of people around for atmosphere and the food was excellent - special mention for the breakfast. Staff are extremely friendly and everyone we passed said hello. Luke the night porter deserves a special mention. He could not have been nicer when he moved all our stuff from one room to another and we didn't have to lift a finger! Thank you Lyrath.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JKBJ

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Lyrath Estate Hotel.

It really is pleasing to learn that you were able to experience and enjoy all of the extensive facilities whilst with us and that our key asset, the team, delivered fantastic service to you throughout your short stay. I have passed on your very kind comments to Luke, and he has asked that I thank you for such great feedback regarding his service.

We have a new team of chefs developing at Lyrath and the comments that you have made regarding the quality of the food have been very Well received by Noel our new head chef and his team.

Iain Gray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilkenny
Newpark Hotel
Langton House Hotel
Langton House Hotel
#1 of 19 in Kilkenny
4.5 of 5 stars 507 reviews

Been to Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!