“Wedding Sept 5th 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Callan, Kilkenny, Ireland
“Wedding Sept 5th 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Myself and my husband had our wedding here Sept 5th just gone and I cannot rave enough about the place. This hotel can be a bit forgotten as its outside Kilkenny on the Waterford Rd; however its location is one of the reasons we chose it for our reception.

The service at our wedding was top class, and it was something each and every one of our guests remarked on. Myself and husband felt like royalty on the day thanks to the staff here. When it came to the food it was mouth watering ad thoroughly enjoyed by all, and there was certainly no shortage of food; in fact the quality and quantity of food was of such a high standard most of our guests were too full to finish their desserts!!

There are two special people I have to mention when reviewing this hotel and they are managers Martin Hanrahan & Seamus O' Carroll. These two men are so flexible, understanding and would just do anything they could for you to make your day special. In fact Martin was burning the midnight oil the night before our wedding to get the room perfect. I have included photos to show what a fantastic job the staff did to the room and their attention to detail.

Words just cannot express the value in having a wedding here ad as a bride the relief of being able to breath easy knowing and professional this hotel is. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I shared a triple room with two friends. We had a room on the ground floor at the back of the hotel far enough away from the bar so there was no noise disturbance at night. There is a gym, swimming pool, hairdressing salon and beauty clinic on site. We had a meal one evening at the hotel as part of our hotel package and the food was nice.
Breakfast each morning is served in the dining room and there is a good selection of food available for breakfast each morning. Fresh fruit and yogurt is also available along with the usual traditional breakfast fare.
The Hotel is about 2km from the Centre of Kilkenny on the City ring road at Junction 3 Waterford Road. The Centre of Kilkenny city is easy accessed from this hotel as it's only a 5 to 10 minute drive to Kilkenny Castle in the heart of the city.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
munster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

From the minute we arrived it was brilliant. The staff were so friendly nothing was too much trouble.
There was so much for the kids to do in the kids club. The pool was clean and well kept. The bedrooms were also clean and comfortable. The food was good and plenty of it. We will be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed last Friday night with 6 firends in the Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel. Kilkenny
I ve never written a review before but can't let this opportunity pass without sharing it

We were all so impressed with the courteous and friendly, helpful service .
The food was excellent , the wine was perfect and the value for money , in these difficult financial times was incredible .
The breakfast on Saturday morning was worth the money alone
Thanks to Seamus O'Carroll , Dawn all the friendly and helpful staff for going the extra mile
We will certainly be back
Highly recommended

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

on arrival receptionist seemed more interested in chatting to staff member than looking after my booking when she did help me receive my key got poor directions to room was told go across the lobby and take a left to the elevator and room is on the 2nd floor ended up asking a very nice and plesant cleaning lady for assistant she help with my bags as they were quite heavy thanks to maria for your help rooms are quite clean nothing was too much trouble for cleaning staff when asked extras for my room furniture is very dated and interior design needs major improvement felt like I was back in the 80s food was average I felt the waiting staff were loud and obnoxious and seemed like effort to look after me while in the restaurant the lady who served my food had a strong smell of cigerettes off her clothing not what you would call plesant while having dinner I would only return to this hotel if it was brought into the 21st century like a lot of the other hotels in Kilkenny city

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
North West Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The staff were wonderful, all of them, and the food was good. however the hotel is shabby and the room I stayed in dark, and felt dirty, they sheets didn't feel fresh. I got a good deal at €55 so I really haven't much to complain about but it was not clean. the gym didn't have a spray for the machines so even wiping them down they were still sticky. however the staff without exception were wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Seamus O, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Springhill Court Hotel and my apologies for your disappointment. I would appreciate if you might contact me directly here at the hotel or at my email address, socarroll@springhillcourt.com

Kind regards

Seamus O’Carroll
Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We organised my sisters 25th Wedding Anniversay celebrations at the Springhill Court Conference recently. From my initial email to the the night itself everything was dealt with in a professional and courteous manner. I was emailed through an excellent price for dinner for 18 people along with a sample menu. June Aylward, Adam Brennan and Seamus O'Carroll could not have been more helpful! From the time we arrived at the hotel, we were met by a friendly receptionist who directed us both to the bar and to the restauraunt. After having pre dinner drinks we proceeded to the dining room where we were met with lovely friendly staff. The food was excellent, the staff were more than helpful and very friendly. We had no delay between courses and still did not feel rushed! All of our guest commented on both the lovely staff and the excellent food. Both I and our guests will be recommending this hotel for any family occasion and indeed would encourage people to use the restauraunt - you will not receive better food in a friendlier atmosphere. Springhill Court should be very proud of their dining staff - they are a lovely bunch of helpful, friendly, professional people! We will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Seamus O, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review of your recent meal here at the Springhill Court Hotel. I’m delighted to hear that you and all your guests enjoyed your sister’s 25th wedding anniversary in our Claddagh restaurant. We pride ourselves on the quality of work our staff do on ensuring all guests are looked after to the highest possible standard and I will be sure to pass on these very pleasant comments on to the staff. I hopefully look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Springhill Court Hotel.

Kind Regards

Seamus O’Carroll

Been to Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!