“Great weekend.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Monaghan
“Great weekend.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here for easter break,sunday and monday night and hotel though old is full of charm.Rooms were very clean and the beds very comfortable.I have to complement all staff we met,very friendly and helpful.Breakfast was lovely and plenty of choice.The hotel is in a great location and we loved the city and hope to return soon and stay here on next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Certainly not as bad as some people have written on here.
We have just spent 2 nights down here with a group of 16 lads.
The place is as old as the hills and does have musty smell but its not that bad, just an old building but its quaint.
The staff are grand and friendly. Breakfast is perfect, people on here were complaining about a greasy breakfast but that's what you get when you order fried food isn't it.
The rooms old and a bit dull and the plumbing probably needs an upgrade too but they were spotless clean and the beds are comfortable. TV just has local stations so fairly small choice of viewing. The bathrooms arent great, clean but the plumbing needs maintenance.
The residents bar is great crack and Olly behind the bar is some man. Sound as a pound he kept all of us happy. Overall if I was going to Kilkenny again with a group of lads id stay here, if I was coming with me wife i'd probably stay somewhere else due to the plumbing problem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
clubkk, General Manager at Club House Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and share your thoughts with other travellers. I am always happy to receive feedback from our guests as we use it to continually improve our product and service.

I was very happy to hear that in general you enjoyed your weekend away, and that Ollie looked after you well in the bar. I was however disappointed to read that you had issues with your plumbing and i can assure you that my maintenance department are investigating the issue.

I very much appreciate you writing your review and bringing this issue to my attention so that we can rectify any plumbing issues for any future guests.

I look forward to welcoming you to the Club House Hotel again in the future,

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed in this wonderful hotel last weekend just for one night and i have to say that is one of the nicest and friendliest hotels that I have been. Although the rooms are nothing to write home about as regards decor they are warm, clean and very cosy! The staff are superb and were very helpful and could not do enough for us. So if you like an old world experience with plenty of charm you can not go wrong with this hotel. A plus side it is close to all the local pubs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
clubkk, General Manager at Club House Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and enjoyed the old world charm and atmosphere of the Hotel. We always strive to maintain this throughout the hotel, and also try to reflect this with the genuine friendly welcome and service from our staff.

We really appreciate you sharing your views with other travellers, and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future,

Warm Regard,

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Club House Hotel is a great place to stay for a weekend away. The service was excellent, the room was clean and warm, the bed was massive and so comfy. We came in very late after being out on the town and went straight to the bar the first night and had great craic with the bar man, getting the history about the Hotel and Kilkenny, he really knew his stuff. Really loved the atmosphere in the hotel, I would recommend this hotel to all my friends, I will defiantly be going back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
clubkk, General Manager at Club House Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the vintage surrounds of the hotel, and that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. I really appreciate you recommending us to your friends, and look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the hotel in the future,

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here with my wife for two nights BandB and also had a dinner. It is a lovely old-fashioned Hotel with excellent food and first class service from all the staff. The location is ideal and only a two minute walk from the town centre. I would heartily recommend this hotel for a wonderful breakaway.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your views with other travellers and for your recommendation. I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay at the Club House Hotel and enjoyed our food and central location. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future,

Roscommon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Club House Hotel in Kilkenny is a surprise find in this day and age. While you say the Hotel is a bit dated looking in places it never the less has a real comfortable atmosphere. A lot of higher star hotels could learn a lot about customer service from the staff in this hotel. All the staff were super friendly and when we had a problem with our shower it was fixed straight away, not alone this but we were asked on two occassions if it was now working ok. Food was good and plentiful, and there was lovely gas fire in the bar/lounge. Free parking was provided at the rear of the hotel, and you are within easy walking distance of the town centre. The bedroom was really spacious and the bed very comfortable. Everyplace was really clean. If you are looking for a modern hotel that is just like every other hotel then don't go here, it is quaint and old fashioned. If you want a quiet hotel with old fashioned service then do go here.

Room Tip: Possibly newer part of hotel might have bigger rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
clubkk, General Manager at Club House Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We really appreciate you sharing your views of the hotel with other travelers. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Club House, and that our staff took such good care of you during your stay. I would feel that your review is a very fair reflection of the hotel and am very grateful to you for that,

I look forward to the oppotuniuty to welcoming you back to the Club House Hotel in the future,

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here with a group of friends for a night away in November. We got a great rate including breakfast and free parking and it's very centrally located in Kilkenny city. I would agree that the hotel is a bit dated (decor-wise) but our rooms were bright, clean, spacious and comfortable. I have to say I haven't come across such friendly helpful staff in a long time. Our bags were carried up to our room, ordering a taxi was no problem at all and even though we were a bit late for breakfast the following morning, we were welcomed in, not at all rushed and extra toast/tea/coffee was no problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
clubkk, Manager at Club House Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I was delighted to read that our staff took great care of you during your stay with us. I can appreciate your comments with relation to our decor, and we are currently working through improving this.

I look forward to the oppertunity to welcoming you back to the Club House Hotel in the near future,

Ian Brennan

Been to Club House Hotel? Share your experiences!