“An occasion to Remember 2012” 5 of 5 stars

Newpark Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Castlecomer Road | Kilkenny City, Kilkenny, Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Clonmel
“An occasion to Remember 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Fahey Clan from Clonmel celebrated a very special Birthday last September, in the Newpark Hotel, Kilkenny, Ireland.
All arrangements were done under the direction of youngest daughter Cathy who liaised with Helen Scully, Function Manager, who took charge of the day from start to finish in a most professional manner.
From arrival, the Fahey, Lalor and Drohan (extended family) were looked after every need, from the oldest (70) to the youngest (3) a total of fourteen enjoyed the hospitality of this family owned establishment. The ambiance top class and the food superb.
We highly recommend this four star Hotel for any occasion especially family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Fahey, Lalor and Drohan families,

Thank you for taking the time to review your family occasion with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that you and your families experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to guests here at The Newpark. I have also shared your wonderful feedback with Helen Scully who is especially proud to have made your experience so memorable.

Please kindly contact me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Polish first
Shannon, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My Wife and I had lunch today 13th. February 2013 and it was excellent. My Wife had Plaice and I had Cod. The Plaice was in a deep fried crumb and with a variety of delicious vegetables topped with homedmade Tartare Sauce. I had Cod topped with a Herb Crust and a Marvellous Spinach sauce which made it so succulent. The Hotel is lovely and bright, cheery and spotlessly clean and the Staff are extremely warm and friendly. The food is served in a Carvery and the Chef was most friendly, efficient and obviously took great pride in his " vocation ". Incidentally, I noticed a catering Lady carrying a tray laden with crockery and cutlery and as she struggled to open a door, a spoon fell off. I was going to walk over and lift the spoon, but before I got to her, she deftly side kicked the spoon under a pot or something and then came back to retrieve it. A quick thinking Lady, who is a credit to the Hotel and Tourism Industry. I hope Manchester United doesn't poach her as she would be a big loss to the Newpark. Many Thanks Newpark - a delight

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Aodhandef,

Thank you for taking the time to review your lunch experience with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that you and your wife had such an enjoyable lunch and I have shared your feedback with the entire team who are extremely proud to have made your lunch so enjoyable.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

i stayed here recently for one night and found this hotel great. I have been to Kilkenny several times and this is one of the best hotels i have stayed in. Located about 5 minutes from Kilkenny city centre by taxi and about 5 minutes from the M9. The rooms in this hotel were very comfortable and clean and very good value for money. The hotel bar serves great food also and the staff are very pleasant and efficient. Even though i was staying here with friends the hotel seems very popular with families also. Highly recommend this hotel....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jerseygirldublin,

Thank you for sharing your Newpark Hotel experience.

The entire team here at The Newpark are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality to you.

Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

we stayed nights 2 nights including one dinner for our 38th wedding anniversary and my daughter had contacted them from the usa to book us in for spa treatments the next day which they informed of us on check in and wished us happy anniversary. The hotel staff are excellent from the very young to the not so young !!! They are friendly and cannot do enough for their guests the hotel is spotless clean and is only 10 min walk into Killkenny town which we found really lovely.
The breakfast was very good the hot food could have been hotter but that is the norm with a buffet , the only down point was the evening meal we paid extra for steak which when it arrived was tiny the veg and smash was just plain tasteless the starter and sweet was very nicebut the main was very disappointing , all in all I would recommend this hotel for a pleasant stay in larger clean bedrooms and learge bathroom.

Room Tip: there is alovely bar in Killkenny town I think it is the Kiltetly inn nice food and staff
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kate055,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and thank you also for your constructive comments in relation to your dining experience with us, I would be delighted to discuss your experience in person at a time convenient to you.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've been meaning to write this review for ages! Myself and my husband stayed at The Newpark in July last year and it was just wonderful. We booked the Newpark Experience package which included 3 nights bed & breakfast, dinner on 1 evening in Campagne, Chocolate on arrival, tours of Kilkenny Castle, free manicure (which I did not get a chance to book as we had so much else going on) & afternoon tea on a day of our choice. We were also really lucky as we got an upgrade to an executive suite which was just fabulous. We loved the pool and the outdoor heated jacuzzi which we visited a few times as it was so peaceful. The hotel itself is very well run by the General Manager, Mark Dunne and the staff were all so friendly and helpful. It is spotlessly clean and the food in the bar and at breakfast was fresh and very tasty. We did not get a chance to have dinner in the restaurant but we will next time we visit as we heard the food was great there too. All in all this is a great hotel and is well suited to families as well as couples. They even have a little pet farm on the grounds to keep kids entertained. We will be back again for sure!

Aisling Lally

Room Tip: Executive Suite with a balcony facing out over the lawn was so peaceful.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Aisling,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing us for your visit to Kilkenny in July.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to guests here at The Newpark.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and welcoming you back to The Newpark.

Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We were given a gift of a two night stay in any hotel of this group, but we were delighted we chose this one - spotlessly clean & well kitted out, the staff were very friendly. The spa treatments were gorgeous and we would definitely recommend them & the relaxation room is lovely - we didn't go to the pool. Although there was just two of us this time, there were two single beds in our room (real beds too) in addition to our double bed, so it would be a perfect family room. The room has good storage space, a safe, iron & board, hairdryer, trouser press, tea & coffee facilities plus Internet & a little table /chairs plus a good shower. A cab fare to the town is €7, fairly consistently, though with the right shoes you'd walk it in ten mins. Kilkenny is a lovely spot for a break - some lovely places to eat & drink & shop plus the castle & cathedral are well worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Daily 90,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to guests here at The Newpark and throughout the city of Kilkenny.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Kilcoole, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband, five year old daughter, three year old son and I stayed in the hotel for three nights in January. We had a great time, and really enjoyed the pool and easy access to the city. The food in the bar (which we thought would be more relaxed an environment than the restaurant) was divine. However, as we were packing up and getting ready to leave we realised that out spare wheel, worth €300 had been stolen from the back of the car (VW Caravelle). The hotel management had a look through the CCTV footage but couldn't identify the thief. It was a real slap in the face, and in retrospect tainted our otherwise lovely memories of the break.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear JoanneM,

Thank you for feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your overall experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your comments regarding your departure, at a time convienent to you.

I have listed my contact details below and I look forward to hearing from you.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Been to Newpark Hotel? Share your experiences!