“Great break, with an expensive sting in the tail” 4 of 5 stars

Newpark Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Castlecomer Road | Kilkenny City, Kilkenny, Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Kilcoole, Ireland
“Great break, with an expensive sting in the tail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband, five year old daughter, three year old son and I stayed in the hotel for three nights in January. We had a great time, and really enjoyed the pool and easy access to the city. The food in the bar (which we thought would be more relaxed an environment than the restaurant) was divine. However, as we were packing up and getting ready to leave we realised that out spare wheel, worth €300 had been stolen from the back of the car (VW Caravelle). The hotel management had a look through the CCTV footage but couldn't identify the thief. It was a real slap in the face, and in retrospect tainted our otherwise lovely memories of the break.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear JoanneM,

Thank you for feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your overall experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your comments regarding your departure, at a time convienent to you.

I have listed my contact details below and I look forward to hearing from you.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Staff are always friendly and willing to help in anyway. Superior rooms are just beautiful. So cosy and clean. Room service is prompt and friendly. Have stayed here a few times and its is consistantly high quality. Twice there were weddings on during my stay and there was a great atmosphere in the hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Dublin_Aoife,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to guests here at The Newpark.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Gorey, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Not a great hotel at all. Our room was a double room with Only a door dividing us and the guests next door who we did not know. Double rooms should be given to families only. We had to listen to the young couple next door until 3am both nights shouting and up to the usual bedroom antics. Restaurant and lobby are dated and drab. Food also was below par for a 4 star. That said, good location and staff. I would just book somewhere more modern if i was staying in Kilkenny again.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear The muffinheads,

Firstly thank you for feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I can assure you, your experience is in no way indicative of our usual level of guest experience here at The Newpark.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your comments at a time convenient to you and I have listed my contacts details below.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I along with our two young children stayed for one night on Saturday 19th Jan, 2013 and would highly recommend this hotel. My husband had a meeting in Kilkenny on the Saturday afternoon and we decided to stay at the Newpark based on other Tripadvisor reviews.

We had a nice family room, access to the pool and a delicious dinner in the bar/bistro in the evening. Breakfast was equally as high standard and the staff could not have been more helpful. They were very accommodating of any requests/menu substitutions for the children and were very friendly. We look forward to returning again for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher numbered room as the 00/01/02 rooms are right by the stairs/lift which I would imag...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear eaka2007

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to families here at The Newpark.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Had a superb Christmas break in the Newpark. We opened our bedroom door to find a Christmas tree lit up in our room. What a fabulous touch. Loved it all & such great staff. It's a superb hotel for families but has class, quality & comfort other family hotels don't have. This was our fourth stay & it gets better every time.

• Stayed December 2012
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Rox09

Thank you for continuing to choose the Newpark as your prefferred hotel when visiting Kilkenny city and for your wonderful feedback.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you especially liked your Chirstmas tree.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for two nites, I thought it was a very nice hotel the staff on the other hand were not very nice. When I checked in and went to my room I was shocked to walk in and find sumone else in it, when I went to sort it out the receptionist was'nt a bit nice. On the day of my departure I settled my bill for room service. A couple of days later I receive a bill from the hotel stating that I ate a few times and that I owed them money which in fact I hadn't even checked in to the hotel on these dates they had billed me for. I rang the hotel and explained and they didnt even hve the decency to appologise. I would under no circumstances stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Kcgw,

Thank you for choosing the Newpark during your recent visit to Kilkenny City.

I’m delighted that overall you enjoyed the facilities available to you here at the hotel. However I was disappointed to read your comments in relation to your stay and billing errors.

I would be delighted to discuss your feedback in persons at a time suitable to you. My contact details are listed below and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Have just spent 3nts here with my wife,and we were both very pleased with hotel,and staff.They were all very friendly and helpfull,from check in,to bar staff,waitress,and night porters,they could not do enough for us.We stayed in room 333,and it was clean and quite,and the bathroom is quite modern with a fab shower.(no shower caps)but rang reception and they had some sent to our room withen a few min.Would defenitely stay there again if we return to Kilkenny.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Ballymote,

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Been to Newpark Hotel? Share your experiences!