“Good value in Kilkenny” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 hotels in Kilkenny
Dublin
“Good value in Kilkenny”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night when there was a wedding and a large 60th birthday party going on. Typical Kilkenny, even the hotel was buzzing.
Pool and Spa area were very nice, even though the infinity pool was out of order, which was a real shame, especially as one of the local regulars told us how nice it was. Outside in the cold weather sounded really nice!
Rooms were very clean, spacious and comfortable. Nothing flash but that wasn't being sought by us. We had asked in advance for a quiet room, and they really gave us the last room on one of the wings. So top marks for the staff here!
We didn't dine in the hotel, however had a quiet afternoon drink in the bar which was very nice indeed, especially with the buzz of a wedding party around us. Service was very attentative and pleasant. We returned later that night to the bar, where there was live music and a good atmosphere, seems the locals use it as well which bodes well.
We had a great time in Kilkenny, and the hotel which is a 10 minute walk into town is great value for money, especially with the nive amenities that it provides.

Room Tip: Room 358 is well away from the action if you want a really quiet room away from any noisy hotel gues...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Downunder123,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and our sincere apologies for our outdoor Infinity pool not being available. This unplanned maintenance is now complete and available for use during your next visit.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly if I can be of any assistance for your future reservations.

860 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed 6 nights here and had a wonderful time. Our room was lovely, looking out over the back' towards their mini farm. There were a number of weddings whilst we were there, but we weren't disturbed at all. The leisure centre was really well run, although the infinity pool was out of order for a couple of days, the other pool and spa made up for it. But a special mention must go to the brilliant complimentary bicycles - we had great fun,riding long the riverside an would recommend them to everyone. Can't wait to come back.

Dear JaneC,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that you had such an enjoyable and memorable stay with us and that you availed of all of the wonderful facilities for guests here at the hotel.

Western Ireland, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a very pleasurable stay at this hotel and the staff were excellent. In particular Marie and Megan at the Escape Spa know how to make a guest feel very welcome. The food was very good and service was very pleasant. The facilities were top class and we really enjoyed the adjoining pet farm. Will return to this hotel on out next visit to Kilkenny.

Dear Sweetienewyork,

I’m delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and I have shared your wonderful feedback with Marie and Megan who are extremely proud to have made your experience in our Escape Health club and Spa so memorable.

Boksburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Just spent a night there whilst visiting Kilkenny. Very big hotel and on walking in seemed very fancy and definately a wedding type hotel, however I soon realised just how many families with small kids there were everywhere. Perhaps it was just that time of year, as the rates had been very good for the standard of hotel. The hotel was rather noisy as there were still kids running up and down the passages at midnight. The room was very comfy and a nice size for families. The breakfast the next day had a great variety, but it was hectically busy and getting coffee was a big problem.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Travel24_7germinston,

We appreciate all feedback which will allow us to review and improve our service here in the Hotel. I have discussed your constructive comments with the team here at the hotel as I feel your comments are valuable tools to allow us further enhance every guest experience here at the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kilkenny Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was at my friends wedding in the Hotel and it was great from the time I came to the front desk and the lady told Me where the wedding party was. When I came into the room it was nice a warm and the toilets were very clean and warm lots of soap and hand cream which is a nice touch. I have to say as I dont drink that much it was the first time where I could order a drink from bar staff and they were really nice and made no face at me because I dont drink the bar men are really nice and the food for the afters was really nice a fresh and you would know the sandwich were made a few minutes before they were put on the table and the nice pig on spit you really did a good job the staff at the newpark and I will say it again a pat on the back to the bar staff who made no fuss i go to a lot of hotels around Ireland and the world and the staff look at ya if you dont order real drink and I do hope the managers really look after all of you up there you are just the best .

Room Tip: I did not stay at the hotel as I only live down the road.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear 122Gillian,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

I have shared your comments with the entire team here at The Newpark and they are extremely proud to have made your experience with us such a memorable one.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

General Manger
Clonmel, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Had a wonderful mess here on Sunday to celebrate my father in law's 70th. The food, the room and the service were all first rate, especially the service. Nothing was too much hassle. Great stuff Helen.

• Stayed September 2012
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear blaa_in_exile,

Thank you for taking the time to review your family celebration here with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that you and your entire family had such an enjoyable day and meal with us on Sunday. I have shared your comments with Helen and the entire team here at the hotel and they are all extremely proud to have made your day so special.

Please kindly contact me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality. If there is anything I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here for three nights and had a lovely stay. We were put in one of the older rooms but it was still very comfortable I should of really asked for one of the newer rooms because if the ling stay. Food was amazing and breakfast was a buffet in the morning with a great choice was very happy with it being a vegetarian with lots to choose from. The lesure center was also lovely a great place to unwind and chill out for a couple if hours as it was so quiet and we had it mainly to ourselves. The grounds of the hotel are also very nice to take a stroll around.

It is about 10 minutes walk to the town center but its a nice walk down if the weather is fine with a couple of old style friendly local pubs to call into on the way before you reach the madness!!

Lookinh forward to staying again great hotel and friendly staff!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Shinedaisy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that we made your short stay with us such a memorable one and that you had an opportunity to explore the wonderful facilities available in our Escape Health Club & Spa.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Been to Newpark Hotel? Share your experiences!