“Perfect Stay, highly recommend Newpark Hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Newpark Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Castlecomer Road | Kilkenny City, Kilkenny, Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Galway, Ireland
“Perfect Stay, highly recommend Newpark Hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband & I stayed on St. Valentine's night , having stayed there also in November.On each visit we found everything was excellent,--warm welcome, spacious bedroom,wonderful Leisure Centre & Spa, delicious food for dinner, great choice of food, hot & cold for breakfast.Staff were well trained & friendly.We highly recommend Newpark Hotel& will stay there again when in Kilkenny.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear Dungloelass,

Thank you for your review of The Newpark hotel. I’m delighted you and your partner have had such a positive return stay. Our aim is to continually provide the very best in service and hospitality.

I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back The Newpark Hotel in the near future. Please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly as I would be delighted to extend some of The Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Polish first
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Room: booked a family room last minute via a hotel discount site and travelled down same day. As we were 2 adults + 2 children we got a room with a double & single bed + a roll away cotbed which was more than adequate for our 6 yr old and the bed wasn't squished in. Room appeared to be in the older section of rooms but was in perfect working order and very clean. Beds were very good.

Leisure Centre: we found it good but have been to better, but it fit the bill appropriately for us.

Restaurant: we were seated immediately. Everything on offer was of good quality and we were happy and full leaving!

Bar / Restaurant: we had dinner & drinks in the bar area. The food was very good and the staff were really nice. Enjoyed our meal immensely as kids were in kids club from 7 to 10pm!

Kids Club: Our kids counted the time down to get to it and then didn't want to leave. Enough said.

Hotel has added a small animal farm to the back of their property which our children loved. Also a small playground for young children in the back as well.

We will go back again as it's an ideal short break away and wouldn't hesitate recommending it to our friends especially those with young children (ideally under 10's I think).

Room Tip: If you're staying during school holidays I'd suggest asking for a room at the end of a corri...
Dear Babiestravelling,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent family holiday with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted you and your family had such an enjoyable experience and I appreciate your detailed feedback regarding our facilities on offer.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to The Newpark Hotel in the near future. Please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly as I would be delighted to extend some of The Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Spent a great few days in The Newpark Hotel Kilkenny. We arrived a bit early on the saturday but our room was not ready. A very friendly girl took our bags and called me on the mobile within 30 minutes to tell me the room was ready. We ate in the bar on one night and the restaurant the second and on both occasions the service and quality of the food was very good. The Leisure Centre was very good and the outdoor tub was fab! The hotel was really really busy but there was plenty of staff and managers about and the attention to detail was notable. There was even an Egg Hunt on Sunday morning!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear DaisyB19,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Easter holiday with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted you and your family had such a memorable experience and I have shared your comments with every member of the team here at The Newpark. Thank you also for sharing your comments in relation to our much anticipated Easter hunt on Easter Sunday morning and I hope your family enjoyed their chocolate eggs!

Again, my sincere thanks for taking the time in writing and we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Newpark Hotel in the near future. Please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly as I would be delighted to extend some of The Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Kind regards,

mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Just back from a weekend in the Newpark hotel Kilkenny and couldn't wait to get home.
The much anticipated 3 night family break in a four star hotel was very disappointing.
It was a busy bank holiday weekend and we where packed in like sardines with amatuer staff and poor service adding to the stress levels rather than lowering them.
The hotel couldn't accommodate the numbers in the restaurants with queues for breakfast times, evening meals and we even had to wait to get the kids into the small swimming pool.
With two young kids the walk into the city centre is too long and had to make do with the same poor bar menu in the same busy bar area for the three evenings as the restaurant couldn't accommodate our booking for a table of four? (2adults 2kids)
One TV in the bar/ bistro area on a busy sporting weekend with limited seating and the same awful one man band on both Saturday & Sunday evening entertainment for the adults finally tipped it for me!
I was looking forward to being asked "did you enjoy your stay" upon departure but the receptionist never enquired she just took the money (after two attempts to get the bill correct).
Well they won't be getting anymore of my money in future!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
Dear Brightsparks1,

Thank you for your review of your weekend stay with us here at The Newpark hotel. I most certainly appreciate all feedback be it positive or negative as it affords us the opportunity of reviewing and improving our hotel.

I appreciate that your family holiday is an extremely important time and should be enjoyable at all times. I’m disappointed that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations and I assure you our goal for this Easter Bank holiday weekend was not only to meet your expectations but to exceed them.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your experience in greater detail at a time that is convenient to you and I have listed my contact details for your reference below. I look forward to hearing from you.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com
Telephone: 056 7760500
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I would highly recommend This Hotel Newpark Hotel. My Family and extended family all 18 of us stayed the long weekend in April. Enjoyable relaxing refreshing hotel, The staff were mainly Irish which was such a change, there was not one moment in the 4 day stay did we need to look for any staff member to assist with any of our needs. The bedrooms were very spacious,fresh & clean, The reception and lounge were decorated in warm friendly relaxing colour scheme, this added to our enjoyable stay as we have children in our group we spent the evening in the very large reception area . So recommending this hotel for families would be high on my list.
A big thank you to all the friendly staff through the whole hotel

Adrianne & Family

Dear Adriannep,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel. Im delighted you and your entire family had such an enjoyable experience during your visit with us.

I have shared your comments with our entire team as I know they are extremely proud to have made you and your families stay such a memorable one.

Again, my sincere thanks for taking the time in writing and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please dont hesitate in contacting me directly as I would be delighted to extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality by personally overseeing your reservation.

Warm regards,

mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

great hotel to stay in staff very friendly .. loads of sapce to sit in the bar and various snug areas the lobby area was big and open loads of places to sit and relax.. our room was looking out @ the vitality pool but was a very comfy room very warm ..

leaisure center was small but the health suite ie sauna steam room and jacuzzi were great stem room was big and spacious and the chair/beds were a great idea very spacious...

jacuzzi was ok could have been hotter..
cold plunge pool good idea and cold water bucket dump very refreshing after steam room.
vitality pool was amazing it was outdoors but coverd with a lean to roof lovely and hot and it was almost like a jacuzzi very relaxing a must when you go...
dinner choice was poor we stayed for 3 nights and menu never changed not much of a choice but food was tasty.
buffet breakfast was afantastic set up plenty of choice spoiled for choice for hot or cold and great variety of juices and you could make your own toast .. fresh scones and french pastries every mornin.

staaff and managers very friendly

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear mnm30,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel. Im delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have shared your comments with our team in Gullivers Restaurant and Escape Health Club as we are delighted to have made you and your partners stay such a memorable one.

Kind regards
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I recently had my wedding reception at the Newpark Hotel Kilkenny on the 16th of March 2012 so all the memories are still very fresh in my mind having just returned from honeymoon. We both felt we had to write a review the moment we returned listening to all the feedback we have been getting from all our guests. Every single guest was blown away with the service from all the staff who could not of done enough for everyone but it was the food that was the real talking point of the day it was top class you would not belive how many people came up to us on the day and commented on how excellent it was. So i would like to take this oppurtunity to extend our sincere thanks to Yvonne Guilfoyle and all the staff of the Newpark Hotel for giving us the best start to married life best wishes Lindsey and Brian Cahill.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lindsey & Brian,

Thank you both so much for sharing your experience of your special day here at The Newpark.

We are all delighted that both of you and all of your guests had such an enjoyable day.

I have shared your feedback with Yvonne and the entire team here at The Newpark as we are extremely proud to receive such positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.

Best wishes again, for your future life together from the team at The Newpark.

Mark Dunne

Been to Newpark Hotel? Share your experiences!